Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2017, 08:31:27 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNSOLVED] BTC-E.COM/WEX.NZ REFUSING TO UNLOCK MY ACCOUNT (thousands of dollars)  (Read 13261 times)
mindrust

Activity: 854

Vegeta, What does the scouter say!?

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:21:49 PM

My email was hacked and locked out by MS and needed to use a new email. They requested me to get verified with xbtce. I after being verified,I have been ignored and my support tickets have been closed out without any response. I have quite a bit on the exchange and stressed needless to say. Please keep me update on your situation and if anyone on here can assist me I willing to help with legal fees or what ever is needed to gain access of my account.

Support tickets are now label PRIVATE and all new support tickets are closed out without responses. Even this main support tickets gets closed out. Not even a response which is so unprofessional and stressful.

It was your responsibility to secure your email address. Were you using 2FA? Probably not. Why blame the exchange for your mistakes?

Do you have any idea what would happen If it was so easy to have access to an account just by providing docs? btc-e probably don't have any legal ways to confirm that submitted docs and see if they are fake or real because that would expose their real identity. That's why they probably use their own judgement and that might take time, maybe even forever...

Anyway It is not that I defend btc-e or something, I lost faith in any exchange out there. I simply point out that you were (probably) careless about your security and you are simply suffering because of your past mistakes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:00:48 PM

They take ages to reply, and sometimes they just ignore them completely.

Have you considered taking a legal advice? It won't be easy, as (afaik) it's not clear where their principal place of business is located and whether the reported owners are real people. But at very least, you could get the authorities to block their website in your country, that's better than nothing. You should give them a clear deadline to get it sorted. Frankly, it doesn't look like they're willing to resolve it.

Fun fact is, they gave me an alternative way of verifying my account through xbtce.com, which I did (it became verified).

Since yesterday they reversed their decision and requested more "documentation", as per BTC-e request.

And once again I submitted new documents.

Sending your documents to them is very risky, it may be okay with one or two documents, but the more documents you send them, the easier it is to impersonate you online. I mean someone with access to all that info about you can create online profiles using your documents, and they can screw you proper.

I think it will be  it be better visiting their offices, or maybe I am wrong. The amount involved, if recovered, should be enough for a plane ticket and accommodation for a couple of days, instead of this never ending back and forth between both parties.
JamesNoJosh

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:44:44 AM

My email was hacked and locked out by MS and needed to use a new email. They requested me to get verified with xbtce. I after being verified,I have been ignored and my support tickets have been closed out without any response. I have quite a bit on the exchange and stressed needless to say. Please keep me update on your situation and if anyone on here can assist me I willing to help with legal fees or what ever is needed to gain access of my account.

Support tickets are now label PRIVATE and all new support tickets are closed out without responses. Even this main support tickets gets closed out. Not even a response which is so unprofessional and stressful.

It was your responsibility to secure your email address. Were you using 2FA? Probably not. Why blame the exchange for your mistakes?

Do you have any idea what would happen If it was so easy to have access to an account just by providing docs? btc-e probably don't have any legal ways to confirm that submitted docs and see if they are fake or real because that would expose their real identity. That's why they probably use their own judgement and that might take time, maybe even forever...

Anyway It is not that I defend btc-e or something, I lost faith in any exchange out there. I simply point out that you were (probably) careless about your security and you are simply suffering because of your past mistakes.

I had 2FA enabled, I provided them with the verification they asked for. IP address, log in, last 3 transactions, and so on. The hackers requested the 2FA to be removed which I was on line when it happen (I was logged in) and booted off line. I contacted BTCe right then and my account was locked, They change the password and too contol of the email, I had to regain access. The password to account was not hacked, just my email was. And yes I had the 2FA enabled. I am not blaming the exchange AND I provided them the correct answers to their questions such as IP address and what not. I needed to change my email address, so yes with that said they know I am the owner and not helping. Hacking is not careless it means hacked.
mindrust

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:02:14 AM

I had 2FA enabled, I provided them with the verification they asked for. IP address, log in, last 3 transactions, and so on. The hackers requested the 2FA to be removed which I was on line when it happen (I was logged in) and booted off line. I contacted BTCe right then and my account was locked, They change the password and too contol of the email, I had to regain access. The password to account was not hacked, just my email was. And yes I had the 2FA enabled. I am not blaming the exchange AND I provided them the correct answers to their questions such as IP address and what not. I needed to change my email address, so yes with that said they know I am the owner and not helping. Hacking is not careless it means hacked.

I am not talking about the 2FA on your btc-e account. I talk about your email. Have you got 2FA on your email?

Because If you say "yes" you simply lie. Nobody can hack a 2FA enabled email address unless they trick the owner to remove it by his own will. (I read it somewhere that there is an ongoing fraud by using google voice and trick the owner into typing a code to remove his email's 2FA) If that was your case, that's not a hack, that's being dumb.

Betthisnow

Activity: 168

Ice Rock Mining- The Most Profitable Mining

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:20:43 PM

They take ages to reply, and sometimes they just ignore them completely.

Have you considered taking a legal advice? It won't be easy, as (afaik) it's not clear where their principal place of business is located and whether the reported owners are real people. But at very least, you could get the authorities to block their website in your country, that's better than nothing. You should give them a clear deadline to get it sorted. Frankly, it doesn't look like they're willing to resolve it.

Fun fact is, they gave me an alternative way of verifying my account through xbtce.com, which I did (it became verified).

Since yesterday they reversed their decision and requested more "documentation", as per BTC-e request.

And once again I submitted new documents.

Sending your documents to them is very risky, it may be okay with one or two documents, but the more documents you send them, the easier it is to impersonate you online. I mean someone with access to all that info about you can create online profiles using your documents, and they can screw you proper.

I think it will be  it be better visiting their offices, or maybe I am wrong. The amount involved, if recovered, should be enough for a plane ticket and accommodation for a couple of days, instead of this never ending back and forth between both parties.

Totally agree! It does not make much sense to send all your personal documents to criminals who are hiding.

Please bear in mind they state on their website that verification is optional. They illegally ask for 1000s of documents and then you still do not get access to your funds!

Ice Rock Mining                   The Most Profitable Mining     ▬     Whitepaper     ▬     ANN Thread
scammedbybtce

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:43:54 PM

my story:

I didn't access my btc-e account as well for over one year.

1. got asked by btc-e to provide transaction history - provided
2. got asked to create and verify my account with xbtce - account created, verification attempted
3. xbtce asks me for ID and proof of address - provided via upload
4. xbtce asks me for notary certified ID and proof of address as well as income statement from my employer as "proof of income" - provided
5. now after more than 10 days waiting after the last upload they ask me to send all the notary certified documents to a shady address in Malaysia:

"To complete verification of your account please send notarized copies by post to address
27.03, 27th floor, Menara TA One # 22 Jalan P Ramlee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,
postal/zip code 50250
Contact person: Amnah Othman
+603 21 637777
fax + 603 21 633878"

so, I am fed up now after several months back and forth. I have offered them to contact me and to use other ways to 100% verify my identity. If any at all I get standard responses and long wait times before the next "idea" they come up with to keep me waiting to access my funds.

Anyone who already started legal or other significant actions besides filing the UK internet fraud form please pm me, so we can coordinate
Steven009

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:19:29 AM

my story:

I didn't access my btc-e account as well for over one year.

1. got asked by btc-e to provide transaction history - provided
2. got asked to create and verify my account with xbtce - account created, verification attempted
3. xbtce asks me for ID and proof of address - provided via upload
4. xbtce asks me for notary certified ID and proof of address as well as income statement from my employer as "proof of income" - provided
5. now after more than 10 days waiting after the last upload they ask me to send all the notary certified documents to a shady address in Malaysia:

"To complete verification of your account please send notarized copies by post to address
27.03, 27th floor, Menara TA One # 22 Jalan P Ramlee, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia,
postal/zip code 50250
Contact person: Amnah Othman
+603 21 637777
fax + 603 21 633878"

so, I am fed up now after several months back and forth. I have offered them to contact me and to use other ways to 100% verify my identity. If any at all I get standard responses and long wait times before the next "idea" they come up with to keep me waiting to access my funds.

Anyone who already started legal or other significant actions besides filing the UK internet fraud form please pm me, so we can coordinate

My situation is pretty similar, except that I actually sent the documents to that address.

My account was verified after they received my physical copies notarized. And now, around just 2 days later after I contacted BTC-e telling them the "good" news, my account was reversed back to "Not Verified".

Their explanation?

"To complete verification of your account, please provide us with a notarized copy of a source of funds declaration equal to your deposit amount.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Support Team."

Can someone even try to explain to me what they're requesting here? I, honestly, don't know exactly what they're asking.

*Image Removed*
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:23:38 AM

"To complete verification of your account, please provide us with a notarized copy of a source of funds declaration equal to your deposit amount.

FFS, they are reaching now. This basically means they are asking you to provide a notarised copy of an undefined 'declaration' (Bank statement?) which supposedly shows where the original fiat funds came from before they were used to buy bitcoin. It appears they actually want to see the transaction details of the original deposit amount they were sent.

Yet another prime example of how there is clearly a concerted effort at BTC-E to deny people access to their funds under the guise of onerous, and largely arbitrary, AML and KYC rules which are not being applied correctly or evenly.

As has been mentioned already, it is entirely possible that this procedure whereby they keep requesting more and more details and ID documentation from their customers, is both a way to deny access to those locked out of their accounts and accumulate a lot of valuable Identity data.

These people are not Kraken, they do not have a public presence anywhere outside of electronic company registers and virtual offices. There is every reason to suspect nefarious intent with regards to the collection of so much information from customers they likely have little intention of making whole.

Warning! Multiple ICO scams being launched through bot-posting forum threads, bought/hacked accounts and fake team profiles
3DesTeam

Activity: 112

3DES - Slicing as fast as possible

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 01:06:08 AM

Guys from russian thread are discussing potential scam of btc-e. The exchange is offline for 16 hours to the time of this post.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2014424
I'm hope that it's wrong information and we will see this exchange online soon.

BobLawblaw

Activity: 700

Gayest Black Cowboy on BitcoinTalk / Power-Top

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:51:09 AM

Exit scam in progress.

Sorry for your loss everyone.
mindrust

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:07:16 AM

Guys from russian thread are discussing potential scam of btc-e. The exchange is offline for 16 hours to the time of this post.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2014424
I'm hope that it's wrong information and we will see this exchange online soon.

Guys at reddit tells that it might be an exchange hack. It seems just after some coins moved out from the cold storage address, btc-e went offline.

Btc-e said they had to maintenance their stuff before they went offline but I don't believe that  somehow.

scammedbybtce

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:10:31 PM

Unfortunately, an exit scam is what I smell as well.

They would have so many means to verify an identity and to comply with AML / KYC. But thanks to Steven009 at least we know now what will be delay tactics nr. 6...

If those guys will try to run, that should be really hard to do for an entire life.

Soft-FX has programmed their software and Mayzus Financial Services has been their financial broker. As soon as those two companies will get scrutinized after a prosecution of this scam the identities will be revealed. Will not be funny for them once they get extradicted to the US...
mindrust

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:29:32 PM

The shit just got real.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cyber-unicredit-attack-idUSKBN1AB0QE?il=0
Greek police arrested a Russian man suspected of running a money laundering operation involving turning $4 billion from illicit business activities into the digital currency bitcoin, they said on Wednesday.

Police did not name the 38-year-old, who was arrested in the northern Greek region of Chalkidiki on Monday on a U.S. warrant.

He is suspected of heading a criminal organization since 2011 that "owns, operates and manages one of the world's leading e-crime websites", police said in a statement.

I don't think btc-e will ever be able to recover from this If this man is the owner/partner of btc-e.com. He is in the hands of the secret service now.

"operates and manages one of the world's leading e-crime websites" This sentence alone guarantees that any money on btc-e is seized by the FEDs already.

Had some more thoughts on the subject.

Maybe he was caught long before this and he made a deal with the secret service. That's why btc-e tried to collect every private information they can from its users. They were trying to have a list of their users so they can share it with the FEDs.

And the money... They were never going to give them back.

scammedbybtce

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 04:15:04 PM

well, if Alexander Vinnik really is a key btc-e operator and most assets have been seized, there are chances that lawful and verified asset owners are being reimbursed, because those assets were not assets of the site. However, its going to be a lengthy process with a lot of administrative procedures...
JamesNoJosh

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:55:15 PM

In way I happy that they got shut down. I rather lose my money to the USA and maybe have a chance to file a claim. I am a legit owner of my coins with hard earned money.
Steven009

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:19:36 PM

The shit just got real.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cyber-unicredit-attack-idUSKBN1AB0QE?il=0
Greek police arrested a Russian man suspected of running a money laundering operation involving turning $4 billion from illicit business activities into the digital currency bitcoin, they said on Wednesday.

Police did not name the 38-year-old, who was arrested in the northern Greek region of Chalkidiki on Monday on a U.S. warrant.

He is suspected of heading a criminal organization since 2011 that "owns, operates and manages one of the world's leading e-crime websites", police said in a statement.

I don't think btc-e will ever be able to recover from this If this man is the owner/partner of btc-e.com. He is in the hands of the secret service now.

"operates and manages one of the world's leading e-crime websites" This sentence alone guarantees that any money on btc-e is seized by the FEDs already.

Had some more thoughts on the subject.

Maybe he was caught long before this and he made a deal with the secret service. That's why btc-e tried to collect every private information they can from its users. They were trying to have a list of their users so they can share it with the FEDs.

And the money... They were never going to give them back.

If that's true, then I think it's for the better. I have more chances in recovering what's mine through the system (even tho it'll be a lengthily process) than trying to recover through BTC-e.

*Image Removed*
WhiteLine

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:43:18 PM

Someone from btc-e profile replied today on their own thread with Russian language:

Уважаемые пользователи!

Update2: На данный момент ведутся работы по восстановлению работы сервиса. Примерные сроки от 5 до 10 дней. Спасибо за понимание

С уважением support btc-e.com

Google translate:
Dear users!

Update2: At the moment, work is underway to restore the service. Approximate terms from 5 to 10 days. Thank you for understanding

Best regards support btc-e.com

Steven hope you will recover your account, good luck.
scammedbybtce

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:40:05 AM

see this post that explains the role of Alexander Vinnik and btc-e to some extend

http://blog.wizsec.jp/2017/07/breaking-open-mtgox-1.html?m=1

• After the coins (...stolen from Mt Gox) entered Vinnik's wallets, most were moved to BTC-e and presumably sold off or laundered (BTC-e money codes were a popular choice). In total some 300,000 BTC ended up on BTC-e, while other coins were deposited to other exchanges, including MtGox itself.
  • Some of the funds moved to BTC-e seem to have moved straight to internal storage rather than customer deposit addresses, hinting at a relationship between Vinnik and BTC-e.
    The stolen MtGox coins were not the only stolen coins handled by Vinnik; coins stolen from Bitcoinica, Bitfloor and several other thefts from back in 2011 and 2012 were all laundered through the same wallets.

so there are still chances that btc-e comes back if they comply. Hopefully with more respect for users like steven and me.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 10:53:28 AM

so there are still chances that btc-e comes back if they comply.

I don't see why they would come back.

Unless, perhaps, we're going to witness the usual 'we wuz haxxored so we're not allowing withdrawals right now' excuse, followed by attempts to convince people to make deposits under the guise of various promises to 'prioritise' their withdrawal requests etc. Given they are supposed to have many millions in bitcoin on their books, I don't see how they'd be bothered to go through that effort just to skim a few more from the desperate and gullible.

No, I think this is pretty much the end of the exchange and the best anyone can hope for is that they might be able to, eventually, file a claim to whichever legal authority has control of seized funds.

Warning! Multiple ICO scams being launched through bot-posting forum threads, bought/hacked accounts and fake team profiles
scammedbybtce

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 11:01:11 AM

@cryptodevil: surely a likely course of action.

either way: some black sheeps less in the business
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.