Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:11:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Huobi price difference  (Read 731 times)
rogerwilco (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:56:27 AM

The big news isn't that BTC-E is $40 cheaper than everywhere else, it's that the Chinese exchanges are trading $130 above everyone else! Their lead is usually $20-$40. What's going on?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:05:26 AM

Percantage deifference scailing makes a bigger number..
Official chineese exchange rate questionable..
Fiat friction, can't get CNY to USD to arb..
China may be leading the pump?

Or American people assume China is leading the pump because they are boggled by the spread and therefore buy and the chineese think "oh crap the americans are buying" and then they buy and the americans think "oh crap the chineese are buying more" and buy and on and on to a million bucks?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
hifzi

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 05:51:59 AM

did you guys still believe chinesee price??

they are just faking volume, there no actualy buy or sell,
they just hold bitcoin, the exchange just pump without money

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:10:48 AM

whenever there is a rise there is always price differences. and when the rise is fast the price difference is also becoming bigger and bigger.
also Chinese have always been having higher prices than other exchanges because the bitcoin trading is so much hotter there than it is anywhere else.

also the fiat deposit methods and their fees play a big role in this difference, if i recall correctly Huobi has Okpay method only for USD and the fees are high making it a bad option for traders.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:23:59 AM

It looks that CNY (in USD) is bouncing back hard - this might put some brakes on the crazy Chinese BTC rally.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:32:05 AM

The big news isn't that BTC-E is $40 cheaper than everywhere else, it's that the Chinese exchanges are trading $130 above everyone else! Their lead is usually $20-$40. What's going on?

i think the margin trade at huobi make the bitcoin price diffirent with other place, im use margin trade too at huobi in mid 2014 and it's simple to have big capital to start trade just with margin.
so in this case the volume trade at huobi for me it's fake too.

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

Westingcote

Activity: 110
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:00:06 AM

i think the margin trade at huobi make the bitcoin price diffirent with other place, im use margin trade too at huobi in mid 2014 and it's simple to have big capital to start trade just with margin.
so in this case the volume trade at huobi for me it's fake too.

But the price in other Chinese exchanges are also higher.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:04:14 AM

Nowadays even the transaction fees are become expensive because of the recent price change, so it's all about fees when you join the trading world, so the Huobi is because of their low/free fees on exchanges the price can be higher than any other bitcoin exchange.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:22:38 AM

Nowadays even the transaction fees are become expensive because of the recent price change, so it's all about fees when you join the trading world, so the Huobi is because of their low/free fees on exchanges the price can be higher than any other bitcoin exchange.

I doubt the fees of Chinese exchanges have much to do with the gap. China is where the far majority of the demand comes from, so in that regard, it does make sense that Chinese exchanges are a decent amount ahead of other exchanges. However, in some cases this gap is indeed on the larger side, but that's mainly due to the fact that western exchanges have to do some catching up.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:42:19 AM

the price of Chinese exchanges are going to always be higher and the fact that one of them has USD means the USD price will be higher also. and right now the bitcoin/CNY pair seems to be very exciting and rising for whatever reason so it is understandable that in the same place, USD value goes up at the same time too because people trading there have both CNY and USD and trade both.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:00:57 AM

Well first as the price rises the difference gets bigger and bigger.
But you're right the lead is a bit too strong. I suppose it's mainly because the price changes too fast so it's take some time for arbitrage trader to finish their job ^^
And overwhole it's a very good news! Chinese exchange have always pushed or pulled the market! If they're up by so much that means the average trend is definitely up and for a good amount and a good time!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: