Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:12:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chasing The Eye - Extreme Storm Chasing  (Read 398 times)
WeatherChaser (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:30:59 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am an extreme storm chaser in Western Pennsylvania, USA. I currently sell video to The Weather Channel, CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC News, along with Telemundo outside of the USA.

Recently, we just signed a contract with Roku Streaming Services (Yes, that little box everyone connects to their TV to stream for free) and we will now have our own TV show!

The name of our TV show is "Chasing The Eye" and I am a heavy-bitcoin user. I would like to make this preposition.... I want to create a "GoFundMe" with Bitcoin, but to raise awareness of Bitcoin.
Here is a picture of the chase car and sticker placement (Both sides are the same) -

I want to make a deal with the Bitcoin community with this....

If I get the following amounts donated, I will do the following:

Total Donations:
1BTC - I will put a Bitcoin sticker on EACH side of the car - Driver/Passenger
2BTC - I will add the Bitcoin logo to all of our social media outlet sites and put the logo on the TV show
3BTC - I will personally talk about Bitcoin in one of the episodes and how much it has helped fund the show!

User Donations:
0.05BTC - I will write your name as a donor on our new website
0.10BTC - You will receive episodes before they air (Cannot share them but you can watch them months before Roku/YouTube get's them!)
0.15BTC - Same as the above two but you will receive a free T-Shirt and signed picture!
0.25BTC - Same as everything above and you will be included in the credits as a sponsor!

Of course we want to give you a sneak peek into a bit of what we are doing with this show so I have included the following links (All unlisted and never seen before)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfZ89aRCmNg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-IshjPrhiY

Donation Wallet: 1KFjjwDCP3x8ZY2zrXWCaNMUrZTTfCnbo1

WE DO NOT GET PAID FOR THIS BY ROKU OR ANYONE! WE MAY SELL FOOTAGE BUT IT IS FAR, FEW, AND TAXES ARE 60% OFF THE TOP!

Social Media Expert For Hire
President and CEO of a large news media network

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oxygen88

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:16:25 AM

Is it allowed to ask for donations on the forum? You better check the forum rules
Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:37:57 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am an extreme storm chaser in Western Pennsylvania, USA. I currently sell video to The Weather Channel, CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC News, along with Telemundo outside of the USA.

Recently, we just signed a contract with Roku Streaming Services (Yes, that little box everyone connects to their TV to stream for free) and we will now have our own TV show!

The name of our TV show is "Chasing The Eye" and I am a heavy-bitcoin user. I would like to make this preposition.... I want to create a "GoFundMe" with Bitcoin, but to raise awareness of Bitcoin.
Here is a picture of the chase car and sticker placement (Both sides are the same) -

Total Donations:
2BTC - I will add the Bitcoin logo to all of our social media outlet sites and put the logo on the TV show
3BTC - I will personally talk about Bitcoin in one of the episodes and how much it has helped fund the show!

First off - can you provide proof that you've actually sold any of your footage? Or is it something along the lines of being contacted by those networks after a video of yours went viral on facebook?  I ask because your YouTube channel was literally created today...

Secondly, why ask for $1000 so you could put a bitcoin sticker on your car.  If you want to create awareness of bitcoin, go buy a few stickers for $5 and slap 'em on yourself!  $3000 so you can talk about btc (in one episode) and how it has funded the show...funded how?  You say you're already hunting storms and selling videos, so why do you need the bitcoin now?

This isn't a 'deal' of any sort...

...you have my respect as a fellow Pennsylvanian, but you're asking a bit much with no proposed business plan or incentive.

But goddamn these are some crazy storms bro I can't believe you're still alive  Wink
WeatherChaser (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:09:45 PM

Hello Everyone,

Total Donations:

First off - can you provide proof that you've actually sold any of your footage? Or is it something along the lines of being contacted by those networks after a video of yours went viral on facebook?  I ask because your YouTube channel was literally created today...

Secondly, why ask for $1000 so you could put a bitcoin sticker on your car.  If you want to create awareness of bitcoin, go buy a few stickers for $5 and slap 'em on yourself!  $3000 so you can talk about btc (in one episode) and how it has funded the show...funded how?  You say you're already hunting storms and selling videos, so why do you need the bitcoin now?

This isn't a 'deal' of any sort...

...you have my respect as a fellow Pennsylvanian, but you're asking a bit much with no proposed business plan or incentive.

But goddamn these are some crazy storms bro I can't believe you're still alive  Wink
Yes, proof can be provided that footage has been sold and aired on TV. And we just started the YoUTube channel after posting on our several other channels. Our main Facebook page has 24,900 followers along with our several sub-pages. Including Twitter with over 11,000 followers.

I can provide any proof needed but the main cost is fuel. Fuel is expensive and some days you may put 300-400 on a chase car, and the chase car can only hold 350-400 miles worth of gasoline, fuel up costs $40 to go from 0 to 100.

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:10:54 PM

As you stated that you are heavy bitcoin user, why don't you stick bitcoin logo for free? I don't see why would anyone pay you to do something that should be free?
Show some support to bitcoin and spread the word!
WeatherChaser (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:22:10 PM

As you stated that you are heavy bitcoin user, why don't you stick bitcoin logo for free? I don't see why would anyone pay you to do something that should be free?
Stickers are $3/piece through BuildASign and I would like to have maybe a little reserve fund for the gas... maybe 1-3BTC is a little too much but I would like to advertise Bitcoin if backed by it...

WeatherChaser (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:36:42 AM

We have a verified Kickstarter..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1063515491/chasing-the-eye-extreme-storm-chasing?ref=discovery

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:49:13 AM

Stickers are $3/piece through BuildASign and I would like to have maybe a little reserve fund for the gas... maybe 1-3BTC is a little too much but I would like to advertise Bitcoin if backed by it...
Good to know you are a bitcoin user. but I also don't think it is  anyway a valid reason to donate you.. if you are a bitcoin supporter you should do these things yourself. I know they cast some money but there is no reason to donate for this...
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 11:43:25 PM

I'm with the others. If you're a BTC user and holder, you already get a benefit out of bringing awareness. I'm not seeing why you want US to pay YOU to benefit YOURSELF. That's backwards.

Maybe a better idea is to do all of that stuff as it is, and THEN ask for donations.

And I'm a bit confused about something... you have your own show but get nothing out of it? What's the point, then?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: