Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:42:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Number of BitCoins users in India  (Read 2148 times)
RohitTripathy (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:42:22 AM

Does any one have an idea how many BitCoin users are there in India ?

I think its important to have basic data so that we can get a clear picture about its adoption and rate of growth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:45:18 AM

I think its important to have basic data so that we can get a clear picture about its adoption and rate of growth.

You will not know exact number of users in India as there is no standard site available where users need to registered if they would like to trade in bitcoin. But yes you can ask exchanges in India about total number of users registered with them. But it will just give you a very fair idea and not even a close numbers to actual users.
RohitTripathy (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:19:39 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 06:31:43 AM by RohitTripathy

You will not know exact number of users in India as there is no standard site available where users need to registered if they would like to trade in bitcoin. But yes you can ask exchanges in India about total number of users registered with them. But it will just give you a very fair idea and not even a close numbers to actual users.

Even a rough range will give us lot of information. Like less than 50000 users .. Or between 50000 and 1 Lakh users .. I don't think its more than 1 lakh users.
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 08:29:10 AM

Even a rough range will give us lot of information. Like less than 50000 users .. Or between 50000 and 1 Lakh users .. I don't think its more than 1 lakh users.

Zebpay has over 300k users.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
RohitTripathy (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:54:46 PM

Regards

WoW .. That upends the stake at least 3 times. Thanks for the info. Do you have per month growth rates ?
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:57:42 AM

Regards

How many of them are from India?

My estimate would be about 400-500k users in India and easily adding up 20-30k new users every month.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

bitcoinisbest

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:16:32 AM

Regards

My estimate would be about 400-500k users in India and easily adding up 20-30k new users every month.

How many users does Unocoin have at present and how many new users were added in 2016 alone? Certainly numbers would have increase in last quarter of 2016 and it will rise now as the price has sore to 1000$
tech_solutions

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:47:37 PM

Regards

How many users does Unocoin have at present and how many new users were added in 2016 alone? Certainly numbers would have increase in last quarter of 2016 and it will rise now as the price has sore to 1000$

I dont think that anyone can give the full details about the how many users are their in bitcoin , as most of them are having multi accounts and even if you are using wallets let it be online or desktop wallet for each transaction their is a new address so like this you cannot confirm how many users are their who are using bitcoin
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:30:58 PM

There would no exact way of knowing a definite number of users that use Bitcoin within India mostly because of the fact that RBI does not consider it legal and people would try to remain anonymous with their Bitcoin transactions.
bitcoinisbest

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:31:52 AM

There would no exact way of knowing a definite number of users that use Bitcoin within India mostly because of the fact that RBI does not consider it legal and people would try to remain anonymous with their Bitcoin transactions.

You are absolutely wrong by saying RBI does not consider it legal. By that you are saying that you mean that we have illegal exchanges in India operating. Also lakhs of people who deal in btc are doing illegal stuff? Huh

RBI has just cautioned the people due to its anonymity. Kindly check the facts.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:15:58 PM

RBI is not against bitcoin and it users and if you really want to know the number of bitcoin usrs in India you can very well contact the major exchanges running in India like Unocoin ,coinsecure and Zebpay and they do have a data and the number of trades they have on a daily basis because they conduct business after verifying every user so they do have some idea about the number of people using bitcoin.
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:58:55 PM

Regards

We sever 1.3L Indian customers at the moment. About 2/3rd of this is from 2016.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Rotten Egg

Activity: 172
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:06:46 PM

Regards

So, Zebpay is now bigger than Unocoin! It seems Mahin's prediction was correct in 2014. Mobile penetration made all the difference. Roll Eyes

Cleaning BitcoinTalk community since 2014.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:05:58 AM

Yes, from beginner level bitcoin user point of view,  mobile app based wallets seems the most attractive and handy way to bitcoin interaction.
Those who intensively trades bitcoin might find App-based wallets less useful.
bitcoinisbest

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 03:01:35 PM

Regards

So, Zebpay is now bigger than Unocoin! It seems Mahin's prediction was correct in 2014. Mobile penetration made all the difference. Roll Eyes

Certainly Zebapy is much bigger in terms of its users base and also in terms of total btc buy/sell. Well but what is the status of Coinsecure.  How much is the total base of CS now and how many new users were added in 2016. I think certainly around 5 lakh + users would be in India
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 03:42:31 PM

Regards

More Indians are coming into bitcoin and it is very positive for bitcoin. We can see a decent price move in the coming days and in 2017. Venezuela has followed India's path by demonetizing  it's highest value currency note and this will add more fuel to the bitcoin rally.   

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
nizamcc
Legendary

Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:42:54 PM

There can't be any number of users found for any countries because everything is anonymous and everyone can make as many accounts and addresses as much they want. But there is one thing noticed currently, that the number of Bitcoin users in India has drastically increased after PM's decision of demonetization, and you can clearly watch that if you visit exchanges as well as some groups which have Indians involved for trading of bitcoins.
bitcoinisbest

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:42:39 PM

Regards

More Indians are coming into bitcoin and it is very positive for bitcoin. We can see a decent price move in the coming days and in 2017. Venezuela has followed India's path by demonetizing  it's highest value currency note and this will add more fuel to the bitcoin rally.   

I dont think it will have any effect of Venezuela demonetizing  its currency because what is the total trades of that country is not that significant that can control the market prices up and down. Just for example after India banning the currency price wnet up and now more people are added to trade btc but see prices fell from 1100$+ to 800$
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 03:54:50 AM

Regards

Most of them are from India.

Regards
Mahin
Zebpay

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: