Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:16:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How was the BitcoinTalk mod murdered? Death by Chocolate?  (Read 602 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:03:55 AM

The assumed demise in such fashion is the ONLY conclusion I've reached as to why very low value spam threads abused by farmers and sig spammers just writing a few words of rubbish every day still exists like the one linked-to below in spite of my myriad attempts to have several liked threads nuked, uncovered on my own, among others' time (read: sans payment) while BitcoinTalks' still-breathing mods continue to receive a monthly allowance, fearing for their lives if they acted accordingly.  Shocked

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1436450.msg17372572#msg17372572

Apologies for penning 'nuked' and 'murder' in the same content, duly hoping nary a 3-LA assumes that something nefarious' afoot.  Roll Eyes
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 09:27:54 AM

What's the purpose of this thread and why would it be any better than just reporting the thread in question via PM or the report function?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:21:12 PM

Why are people bothered so much with posts in off topic section ? It's impossible to diferentiate legit posts from real ones, and besides, off topic section is not
the one that troubles me - look at other ones.. which are supposed to be used for real discussion, unlike OT.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:22:17 PM

What's the purpose of this thread and why would it be any better than just reporting the thread in question via PM or the report function?

Because the OP's post was locked while others like it flourish?
Just reporting it won't result in frustration being vented out.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:43:28 PM

Because the OP's post was locked while others like it flourish?
Just reporting it won't result in frustration being vented out.

Let's say for sake of argument that your assessment of my being a big fuckin' crybaby is correct, which it ain't (at least in this regard), else I would declare such to be the case, then why do obvious flagrant threads continue to exist in spite of being reported while others assumed not reported were nuked.

Having my "What we learnt today" thread nuked was perhaps a great call by the PAID mods to maintain the integrity of BitcoinTalk, but you can throw that integrity out the fuckin' window with Atlas' bath water when UNPAID users of this forum duly point out to PAID mods that a similar problem exist and should be addressed accordingly, viz. el nuko.

QUITE FRANKLY, I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS WHAT THEM MODS DID AROUND HERE TILL THEY NUKED MY ... (only kidding  Tongue)
0x0010

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

female ;)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 05:46:40 PM

I read the title and presumed that it was a shitty thread. Then I saw the creator on the right, and I saw "Gleb Gamow."

From there I knew that this would be the highest quality thread that will ever be read by a lad at 4:45am down under with spiders crawling from under the roof. I say ban the off topic spammers

- Quickseller 0x0010

keybase.io/0x0010
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:59:21 PM

I read the title and presumed that it was a shitty thread. Then I saw the creator on the right, and I saw "Gleb Gamow."

From there I knew that this would be the highest quality thread that will ever be read by a lad at 4:45am down under with spiders crawling from under the roof. I say ban the off topic spammers

- Quickseller 0x0010

Please rate my newly adjusted sig.  Grin Grin Grin
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:45:17 AM

Thread is now locked due to the mods no longer nuking threads populated by sig campaigners. Here's my latest one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1741433.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: