Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:52:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The real cause of the "panic"  (Read 2647 times)
antihexe

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:35:36 PM

Never sell a bitcoin for USD!! SPEND IT on things or service or commodities.
+1000 I've never understood the logic in selling bitcoins.

The logic is "make money." The thousands in cash I made today will only hold their value while I wait for the exchanges to settle.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:44:43 PM

All my BTC has come from mining. I've never exchanged any for fiat in either direction. Probably because of this, I've felt numb to the whole "bubble" thing, and it hasn't even seemed to me as though BTC was volatile - my modest BTC pile just kept growing slowly throughout, as planned. Subjectively - it seemed that the world of fiat was all abuzz and trying to buy/sell BTC, but I just didn't (don't) care about short-term fiat/BTC pairing.

There was and is great excitement in the air. I just don't feel part of it, for better or worse. Accumulating fiat has always bored me for some reason - the actual details of the necessary transactions just never seemed "real enough" or "fun enough" to bother with. Ironically, the BTC abstraction seems vividly real to me, perhaps because it doesn't change on political whims.

As to cause of the "panic", I would guess mischief rather than simple fear/greed patterns, but who knows? It's hard to guess why it would kick in at any particular moment.

Let's talk it all over in 20 years or so. For now, I'm just glad to see that the "panic" seems to have stopped most of the "ain't it awful" buzz about BFL for a while.   ;-)
Blindfolded

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:51:05 PM

All my BTC has come from mining. I've never exchanged any for fiat in either direction. Probably because of this, I've felt numb to the whole "bubble" thing, and it hasn't even seemed to me as though BTC was volatile - my modest BTC pile just kept growing slowly throughout, as planned. Subjectively - it seemed that the world of fiat was all abuzz and trying to buy/sell BTC, but I just didn't (don't) care about short-term fiat/BTC pairing.

There was and is great excitement in the air. I just don't feel part of it, for better or worse. Accumulating fiat has always bored me for some reason - the actual details of the necessary transactions just never seemed "real enough" or "fun enough" to bother with. Ironically, the BTC abstraction seems vividly real to me, perhaps because it doesn't change on political whims.

As to cause of the "panic", I would guess mischief rather than simple fear/greed patterns, but who knows? It's hard to guess why it would kick in at any particular moment.

Let's talk it all over in 20 years or so. For now, I'm just glad to see that the "panic" seems to have stopped most of the "ain't it awful" buzz about BFL for a while.   ;-)

Same here. Only difference is that I have spent plenty of bitcoins on dumb stuff. I still have my fair share, and I feel immune to panic selling because I have little cost involved. Bitcoin makes a great hobby.

Cheesy
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:54:34 PM

cause of the panic: Bernanke!
Krabby

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:57:20 PM

cause of the panic: Bernanke!

I would literally be pulling my hair out in your position.
You get my respect Supah-Cappah-Con-Bit'r.

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████