Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:00:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why this rally isn't a bubble yet...  (Read 2083 times)
Tanic

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 01:02:57 AM

It's not the bubble yet. But to many of bitcoin users today's fast drop can looks so. Bitcoin is just in the beginning of it's history and it's waited more rises and fails. I believe that bitcoin will rise back again soon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 01:26:26 AM

It's not the bubble yet. But to many of bitcoin users today's fast drop can looks so. Bitcoin is just in the beginning of it's history and it's waited more rises and fails. I believe that bitcoin will rise back again soon.

I doubt it will ever rise this much again. We are at a 3 month low and people are more and more aware of Bitcoons inherent flaws and quickly looking for alternatives that DO provide what they promise.

Bitcoin is old tech. Smart investors and whales are moving assets into blockchain 2.0 technology. There is no coming back from that.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 02:25:07 AM

Lol and then theres this moron^
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 02:20:33 PM

Sure call me a moron when you run out of arguments.
Still waiting for valid arguments why bitcoin is so great compared to crypto 2.0

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:03:35 AM

Sure call me a moron when you run out of arguments.
Still waiting for valid arguments why bitcoin is so great compared to crypto 2.0

its known. its being adopted. it has any market cap at all. whatever crypto 2.0 youre talking about is its a totally unknown thing to pretty much everyone in the entire world, except people who are way too into tech. bitcoin on the other hand, is pretty much a house hold word at this point. theres a whole bunch of reasons. another reason is you dont like it, and have never been correct, ever, so thats a pretty good contrarian indicator.
Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:39:56 AM

Lordy!  As ahm lookin' at the price rite now, we at $840, which ain't bad.  We gettin' back ta where we was, slowly butt shirley.  When you all expect ta git ta $1200 agin?  I say inna month o' so.  I'mma hodlin onta evverthan I gots.  I'mma gonna log my ass up tomorra, den I'm gonna be earnin' mo' money!!!!
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:27:47 AM

After the massive Bitfinex scam, managers of serious capital, even capital set aside for high risk ventures, realise that they cannot take the risk of trading Bitcoin,

Most managers of serious capital would have known this way before finex was hacked. How many exchanges would actually pass muster when taken the the board of a big investment company? I suppose this is the reason why so many people crave the ETF. If indeed there is serious money looking to get in, I guess its OTC, not through an exchange.

Both AMD and NVidia for example have outperformed Bitcoin in the past year. The gains to be had in Bitcoin just aren't that special anymore to serious high risk traders.

I thought it would be hard to bust through the $266 barrier. Many before that thought it would never pierce $100, $50, $32.

Clearly no one knows. I know I am not smart enough, but I also know that my downside is defined and my upside has massive potential.

Leave out any personal biases & anger and imagine Bitcoin in a magic scenario where it is a major success. A place where you think 'holy shit, I was completely fucking wrong on this one' Eg, somehow takes 1% of gold, 1% of remittances or something similar.

95% chance it never does but the risk/reward is certainly worth it when you know your losses are limited (and you are young enough to earn the loss back relatively quickly).

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:00:53 AM

the day will come and we will all recognize that sgbett has been right all along.

if 560k ever come true i will buy a brewery and invite him for some beer. make that a vineyard if he happens to prefer wine.  Cool
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 10:36:53 AM

Please remind me, where do these "$560k" come from?
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:25:11 AM

Good post, the media coverage has indeed been relatively muted.  Bodes well for a significant upside still to be seen.

Just look at USD exchange volume. There is no interest in Bitcoin compared with before.

I think its shaping up a bit like oct 2013, volume is comparable factoring in organic growth.

If I was an EW guy id say this looks like the first wave up. (its had its own mini 5 count).

Reckon we are due for a correction - possible retest the 780-800 that we bounced off in june and then broke through in october.

Then starts wave 3 where we hit maybe 2x all time high. Followed by another pullback

Then we'll see the vertical of this rally 5-10k?

Each bubble has played out over a longer timescale than the last, so wouldnt be surprised if it takes 6-12 months.

The shakeout to ~800 will be an epic beartrap imho.

The spartans will of course HODL Wink

Impressive prediction, holding up nicely so far!

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:28:33 AM

Google does not work in China, but almost all the trading volume is in China.
because the main trading websites in china would charge the people upon the deposits instead of exchanging period, you can see the billions of volume are excluded for probable liquid volume. Huh

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:00:54 PM

$880 is a nice recovery price today. It will be interesting to see what happens from here.
Taking the bubble out of the equation, the price is about back on the upwards trend curve, so could well move up like it was before Christmas.

If a whale dump happens today, then it seems like someone is defermined to keep the price down, then I don't see 4 figures happening again in the near future Sad

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:13:41 PM

If a whale dump happens today, then it seems like someone is defermined to keep the price down, then I don't see 4 figures happening again in the near future Sad
Whale dumps that happned 2 weeks ago was the result of FUD, chinese traded were convinced that exchange regulations will be tougher, to the point of possible bitcoin ban.
Nothing like this happened, exchanges were warned, promised to use AML/KYC policies and that was it. I don't see a reason for any long position liquidation now.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:12:52 PM

Seeing how fast it recovered from sub-$800, it could either be a trap or this is now the new established baseline. I would like to believe it's the latter though.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:39:52 PM

Seeing how fast it recovered from sub-$800, it could either be a trap or this is now the new established baseline. I would like to believe it's the latter though.

My instinct told me to keep the gains and move money to usd and see what happens.

Sharp upward moves like this are easy to reverse, Chinese new year is coming which is possible they will safeguard their increases then go party.

Price probably won't rise much more, but that's not off the table.  If it declines then I get to keep my gains and increase btc holding for the next bull run.  IMO 8% gain is pretty nice and it seems there is bigger risk to loose that gain than gain more.
talikila

Activity: 255

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:56:12 PM

No. This rally is not a bubble now. it must increase more than the year of 2013 (maybe it will hit 1,500$ - 2,000$ in this year.)
I'm trying hard to buy more bitcoins everytime the price is down deeply. it's a good chance to make more money in the future.
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 09:12:42 PM

OK, maybe now we can start to talk about bubbles.

I'd originally been thinking we'd shoot up and correct from somewhere in the $9-$12k range.

Now I'm wondering if this is actually just the pre-top before the really big one (the ~$260 in April '13, that came before the big $1260 top in 2014) per this post

I'd got the correction there in the 3-10k range but looking at the way this parabola is shaping up it could be anywhere in the $10-$25k range (yes they are broad ranges, i'm not trying to trade this thing! Remember I sold all mine for that cheap knock off bitcoin Wink something about some white paper and incentives, but i digress... )

So lets say it corrects at 15 down to somewhere like $3k (there looks to have been a lot of action around that price point when you look at volume).

Then we are looking at the real run-up, on that old chart id said 10-500k, I'd give a minimum of 60k now though.

All of which is dependant on BTC remaining the dominant crypto in the space.

GL folks.

Disclaimer: Technically I still have some bitcoin exposure in my pension through an ETF, significantly less than I used to. Gradually trading it for the equivalent ETH tracker as there isn't one for BCH yet.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 07:22:01 AM

No. This rally is not a bubble now. it must increase more than the year of 2013 (maybe it will hit 1,500$ - 2,000$ in this year.)
I'm trying hard to buy more bitcoins everytime the price is down deeply. it's a good chance to make more money in the future.
here I completely agree with you, because it already for several months places when Bitcoin dropped that one and a half thousand here I completely agree with you, because it already for several months places when Bitcoin dropped that one and a half thousand here I completely agree with you, because it already for several months, when Bitcoin went down that friend with half a step, I completely agree with you, because for several months already, when Bitcoin went down to $ 2,500, who before today th day Who bought at this price, became almost 3 times richer.

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:25:07 PM

I doubt it will ever rise this much again. We are at a 3 month low and people are more and more aware of Bitcoons inherent flaws and quickly looking for alternatives that DO provide what they promise.

Bitcoin is old tech. Smart investors and whales are moving assets into blockchain 2.0 technology. There is no coming back from that.

spot on. as always.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: