Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:37:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple Accounts?  (Read 744 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 12:06:45 PM

Is it okay to create multiple accounts here on bitcointalk? Any official word on that by the board or mods?
And can we actually use those multiple accounts to work on different signature campaigns? I mean two accounts for two different signature campaigns(if it is not against the campaign's policy of course)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 12:10:00 PM

Is it okay to create multiple accounts here on bitcointalk? Any official word on that by the board or mods?
Was reading the forum rules so hard? Here it is:

18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed, but account sales are discouraged.
While being allowed by the forum itself, it is frowned upon by a good part of the community.

And can we actually use those multiple accounts to work on different signature campaigns? I mean two accounts for two different signature campaigns(if it is not against the campaign's policy of course)?
Your posting quality is already horrible. I advise you not to do this.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 12:44:14 PM

~snip ragepost~
Yeah, that's totally related to the thread...

What Lauda said covers the situation pretty good.
Having multiple accounts is allowed by the forum, but discouraged by a part of the community.
It also depends on how you intend to use the accounts, but that's striving too far.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:44:57 PM

This is almost the same thread as this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1717515.0;topicseen . I suggest that you read that thread, or wait for redundant answers later same as in that thread.  Smiley You could lock this thread later since Lauda already answered your question.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 02:05:10 PM

You are a vile piece of crap aren't you?
Your life must be really worthless to make you feel so proud and such a big man to disgrace people on a forum. Yes I said man cause you certainly sound like a dyke to me. Cheesy
No, I'm just honest. Don't blame me if someone can't take the truth; in a way that sentence was advice to improve their posting quality.

You could lock this thread later since Lauda already answered your question.
In case that OP doesn't know how, there's a button in the lower left corner while inside of this thread:

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 06:06:33 PM

Well since you're quite a senior member, I'd take your word for it that this was an advice meant to improve my post quality.
But as we're at it, can you tell me how do you judge posting quality? Is it bad grammar or irrelevant posting or posting too much?
I know my posts are not that informative or educational and that is because I am a newbie and I don't know much about crypto currencies and all the jargon, but that's what I am here to learn about right?
Anyways, after you answered my question about how you judged it to be horrible, do suggest me some of the points on how to improve it as well.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 06:14:51 PM

Well since you're quite a senior member, I'd take your word for it that this was an advice meant to improve my post quality.
But as we're at it, can you tell me how do you judge posting quality? Is it bad grammar or irrelevant posting or posting too much?
I know my posts are not that informative or educational and that is because I am a newbie and I don't know much about crypto currencies and all the jargon, but that's what I am here to learn about right?
Anyways, after you answered my question about how you judged it to be horrible, do suggest me some of the points on how to improve it as well.

Honestly he is not senior member... Look at his position he is staff in this forum.. so better to focus what is the policy by this forum.
To check your account is high quality poster you must check your posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=858892;sa=showPosts
And then you can check your account here https://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/
And you can found the answer but that online pricer is not accurate but you can check if you have high quality post..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 06:19:00 PM

Honestly he is not senior member... Look at his position he is staff in this forum.. so better to focus what is the policy by this forum.
He may not be talking about 'senior member' as in the rank, but rather seniority of membership here.

To check your account is high quality poster you must check your posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=858892;sa=showPosts
A link to his posting history does not help him evaluate his own posts in a proper manner, nor does it tell him what he should improve.

And then you can check your account here https://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/ And you can found the answer but that online pricer is not accurate but you can check if you have high quality post..
No, just no. It uses a very simple algorithm which is incapable of proper evaluation.

I will update this post with the requested info / create another one, unless someone else beats me to it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 06:58:01 PM

I will update this post with the requested info / create another one, unless someone else beats me to it.

Just a few posts, thanks.

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?
Wow! Amazed that this was wrote more than 5 years ago. I'm sure you guys must be quite rich now.
But for us newbies, not there yet. It will take much more to own 10 BTC now, but hopefully we will reach that mark and then I think we will be quite rich as well.

@OP, what made you think that this was a quality post that contributed to the thread? Keep in mind that this is post #3474.

Wow! More than 54% voted yes, lucky you guys. I'm still on the other 45% side. Unfortunately, but hopefully I will in 2017. At least that is what I am after next in btc world.
Lets see how far I can go.

Post #151. Explain to us why this post is necessary.

Where can we trade bitcoin Instantly? Buy and sell bitcoin instantly sounds like the ideal deal when we want earn profits from bitcoin with its ever changing value in dollars.
But is there a place where we can buy and sell bitcoin instantly?

You started this thread, though the answer could have been found in the very same section that you posted in.

I voted for mass adaptation. Though price increase is also very important for bitcoin users and vendors but its the mass adaptation that will thrive the currency and industry as well. It will also help in increasing the price and will make it more useful for even a non tech guy.

Post #158 (also, adaptation)

For me, quality posts cannot exist in spam megathreads (with thousands of replies) unless they are extremely outstanding and the user decided to post in there for some reason.

If it looks like it could have been done in less than 15 seconds, the post is likely not a quality post. If you're using vague and general terms or recycling content from previous posters, that is not a quality post. Bad grammar is usually an indication of poor quality, though the information in the reply is the most important part and thus you cannot base it purely on grammar (though if the way that the information is given is unclear, so is the message)

One-liners are typically spam, though there are obvious exceptions for when the question/argument has a clear and definitive answer that is concise. (You can find some cases of these in Technical Support and Discussion)

ex. Select[FromDigits/@Partition[First[RealDigits[E,10,1000]],10,1],PrimeQ,1]

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 07:23:42 PM

Just a few posts, thanks.
I'll expand on that. OP here are some pointers:

• Faulty English: Whilst not being an accurate judgement, it usually is a symbol of lesser quality posts. If you don't know proper English, you can't really express yourself, especially not in a very constructive matter. This forum is a great opportunity to improve it without actually having to study.
  • Rehashing what was said in generic threads: People that really don't care about post quality are more likely to respond in these types of threads, and probably just write something that is very similar to what was written prior by someone else. Examples: [1] - Which Bitcoin Client do you use and why ?, [2] -I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen., [3] - It's freaking 2017 - Do you own 1 BTC?
  • Post frequency: The time between your posts will possibly show us whether you're just post-bursting or actually reading something in the threads that you're responding to.
  • Read a lot more than you write.
  • Post only in areas that truly interesting to you and/or you're familiar with. We are *all* interested in Bitcoin, however that does not mean that we can all discuss any thread related to it.
  • Contributing: People that genuinely care about Bitcoin and this forum (i.e. non spammers) are more likely to contribute to it, at least occasionally. This ranges from reporting offenders that break forum rules, contributing to overview threads to helping translate Bitcoin.org on Transifex (not recommended considering your mastery of English).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
IdiotCoder

Activity: 193
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:27:13 AM

if you've forgotten your old account password, want to anonymize your posts a bit (correct me if i'm wrong), then there is nothing wrong with starting a new account. However, account farming (spamming just to rank up and sell your account, then selling) and spamming this forum, as well as selling accounts are frowned upon. if you're caught and are lucky, a Dt user might give you neutral reputation. Most likely, however, you will be given negative reputation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: