Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:26:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZEC mining  (Read 5233 times)
merc1969 (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:24:33 PM

Anyone mining ZCASH ?

Am using AMD Radeon HD 6450 - ( quad core 16 GB RAM )
and niceminer (nheqminer.exe) for windows and using suprnova pool . Have configured for using GPUs too but
am getting around 7.69 to 8 Sols/s. Is this quite low for this configuration or is it just about the speed that one can get with this config ?

Any pointers are appreciated.

[0x00000484] Speed [300 sec]: 4.13667 I/s, 7.66333 Sols/s
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:55:49 PM

Unheard about this altcoin. What is the reason you picked up out of 1000's of altcoin only ZCASH. What was the research that you finalized on this coin. Actually its very difficult to even understand out of so many coins that which are good. Do you know their 1-2 year plan what its in pipeline. Never mine any coin just because it can be easily mined.
merc1969 (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:50:47 AM

ZCASH was introduced around a few months back. - currently hovering around $40- $50.

Reasons why i try to mine zec
1.Highest mining profitability wrt all other alt coins ( check http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency )
2. No need to download the whole of the core ( wallets ) unlike DOGE / LTC
3. Traded on good exchanges like poloniex. So really donot bother about their 2 year plansince i swap it to btc every other day of mining.

Unheard about this altcoin. What is the reason you picked up out of 1000's of altcoin only ZCASH. What was the research that you finalized on this coin. Actually its very difficult to even understand out of so many coins that which are good. Do you know their 1-2 year plan what its in pipeline. Never mine any coin just because it can be easily mined.

Check this out https://z.cash/
Unheard about this altcoin.

?? Good for what ? Mining ? or for keeps ?
For mining use a mining profitability calculator which compares all other currencies and will give you which is the most profitable one - And then the choice is yours- keep it or convert it to btc/xmr/ others
Actually its very difficult to even understand out of so many coins that which are good.

bitcoinisbest

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:12:36 AM

Thanks for the explanation. Okay how much 1 btc makes merc at today's rate?
How much time it will it take to mine 1 merc as per your setup?
What is the conversion charge you pay to conver merc to btc?
merc1969 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 02:03:41 PM

"1 btc makes merc "  I dont think I understand what you are asking . What is merc ?
Okay how much 1 btc makes merc at today's rate?

I dont mine "mercs" .

I guess you are wholly confused with the info I added.
"merc to btc" Huh  -

Sorry for having brought this topic up. I think I should find a more knowledgeable sub-section
RocketPie

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 07:53:05 PM

Anyone mining ZCASH ?

Me. With https://www.Zcash-Miner.com.
nshyamkrishna

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 08:44:48 PM

Anyone mining ZCASH ?

and niceminer (nheqminer.exe) for windows and using suprnova pool . Have configured for using GPUs too but
am getting around 7.69 to 8 Sols/s. Is this quite low for this configuration or is it just about the speed that one can get with this config ?

Mine using RX 470 4GB / 8GB. and atleast with 10+ GPUs for Minimm Profit margin after paying for Electricity.
bitcoinisbest

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:37:41 AM

"1 btc makes merc "  I dont think I understand what you are asking . What is merc ?
Okay how much 1 btc makes merc at today's rate?

I dont mine "mercs" .

I guess you are wholly confused with the info I added.
"merc to btc" Huh  -

Sorry for having brought this topic up. I think I should find a more knowledgeable sub-section

Oops got it totally wrong. Kindly replace merc word with zcash You will understand everything once you replace the word. Sorry about the confusion. Cool no problem you can still ask the questions about your doubts rather than judging about me and thinking of creation of this thread.   Cool
merc1969 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:32:38 PM

Sorry If i sounded preachy Tongue . It was just a few frustrating days setting up my mining setup .
I understand the slip.

My low level CPU mining gives me a puny 0.00005267 ZCASH / hr. 
1 ZEC ~ $45 .
1 ZEC ~ 0.05 BTC
So its almost negligible. I just wanted to test it for academic reasons .
i convert it almost every two days on poloniex .
But iam giving it up because of the low yield.

Oops got it totally wrong. Kindly replace merc word with zcash You will understand everything once you replace the word. Sorry about the confusion. Cool no problem you can still ask the questions about your doubts rather than judging about me and thinking of creation of this thread.   Cool
bitcoinisbest

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 02:20:33 PM

Sorry If i sounded preachy Tongue . It was just a few frustrating days setting up my mining setup .
I understand the slip.

My low level CPU mining gives me a puny 0.00005267 ZCASH / hr. 
1 ZEC ~ $45 .
1 ZEC ~ 0.05 BTC
So its almost negligible. I just wanted to test it for academic reasons .
i convert it almost every two days on poloniex .
But iam giving it up because of the low yield.

Good to know finally you realized it. better late than never  Tongue.

Yeah many altcoins are not worth mining unless you sure next day it will exists and will have the value in terms of btc while converting more the important. So now you quitting to mine ZCASH. Which is the next coin you planning to mine or nothing as of now in pipeline?
LabaDaba

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 02:23:26 PM

It's not profitable to mine with CPU.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 02:49:50 PM

The fact is Zec is the most profitable coins to mine right now and if you are aware of it you will know that and with the configuration the OP have Monero Eth and Zec can be mined and can earn a good amount of profit mining those coins.If the price of electricity is low you can build a good mining rig which will come in handy if you are planning to earn a good profit.
merc1969 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:31:18 PM

Yep, exactly what I had read in all the other forum + youtubes .
Also, the mining profitability calculator shows ZEC as top coin to mine.
Its just that my Graphics card somehow does not seem to be detected by the miners . I must have tried almost all the top GPU miners that are out there for ZEC mining.  Huh

The fact is Zec is the most profitable coins to mine right now and if you are aware of it you will know that and with the configuration the OP have Monero Eth and Zec can be mined and can earn a good amount of profit mining those coins.If the price of electricity is low you can build a good mining rig which will come in handy if you are planning to earn a good profit.
merc1969 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 02:57:12 AM

Nice. I still wonder why my GPU is not picked up. It still works on CPU.
Which miner do you use ? Claymore / nicehash ?
What Sols/S do you get with individual cards ?

Anyone mining ZCASH ?

Mine using RX 470 4GB / 8GB. and atleast with 10+ GPUs for Minimm Profit margin after paying for Electricity.
nshyamkrishna

Activity: 72
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 05:45:41 AM

Nice. I still wonder why my GPU is not picked up. It still works on CPU.
Which miner do you use ? Claymore / nicehash ?
What Sols/S do you get with individual cards ?

Anyone mining ZCASH ?

each card -->zcash - RX 470 - 205sols . moded vbios for less power consumption
merc1969 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:22:53 AM

@RocketPie - How long have you been using their service ? trust factor ?

RocketPie

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 05:16:03 PM

@RocketPie - How long have you been using their service ? trust factor ?

Since Oct 28, 2016. Initially I had only 10 Sol/s as the solve rate cost was pretty high at that time. But, they have radically slashed their solve rate cost since the announcement of Equihash FPGA. Now, I have bought a LOT and heavily invested into Zcash mining.

Interestingly, Zcash price is also stabilizing, which is a sign of maturity - http://www.coindesk.com/zcrash-zcashs-price-finding-floor/
merc1969 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:55:30 PM

Considering that zcash was launched on 28th Oct , you managed to start investing on the same day !! Hmm ..
Also the site was just registered 10 days prior ( on 18th Oct 2016 !) Doesnt look very trustable !
Anyways ...
How much zcash do you 100 Sols/s garner from the site?
Do they payout daily ? ( Are there any maintenance charges that they deduct from the payout ? )
Would like to ask around ... before i get invested .

Since Oct 28, 2016. Initially I had only 10 Sol/s as the solve rate cost was pretty high at that time. But, they have radically slashed their solve rate cost since the announcement of Equihash FPGA. Now, I have bought a LOT and heavily invested into Zcash mining.

Interestingly, Zcash price is also stabilizing, which is a sign of maturity - http://www.coindesk.com/zcrash-zcashs-price-finding-floor/
RocketPie

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 12:22:09 PM

Considering that zcash was launched on 28th Oct , you managed to start investing on the same day !! Hmm ..
Also the site was just registered 10 days prior ( on 18th Oct 2016 !) Doesnt look very trustable !
Anyways ...
How much zcash do you 100 Sols/s garner from the site?
Do they payout daily ? ( Are there any maintenance charges that they deduct from the payout ? )
Would like to ask around ... before i get invested .

I was active in the zcash community far before that. 3 sites started mining from Day 1...

i. www.Genesis-Mining.com

ii. www.ZeroPond.com

iii. www.Zcash-Miner.com

I invested in Genesis-Mining.com & Zcash-Miner.com, as ZeroPond.com pricing was too high. Initially, Genesis-Mining.com & Zcash-Miner.com pricing was at par. But, since the announcement of FPGA based Equihash mining, Zcash-Miner.com has become very profitable. Now, I'm mining ~1 ZEC per day with 10000 Sol/s.

Neither Genesis-Mining.com nor Zcash-Miner.com deduct any maintenance charge before payout. Zcash-Miner.com pay out daily to site wallet. Withdrawal to user wallet takes place every Monday. Verify their payment history - https://www.zcash-miner.com/payments.php

niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 08:25:16 PM

z-cash mining is the best you can do now if you are into mining ...the initial price was around  25BTC and gradually it reached the current price of 40$..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: