Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:43:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't want a $2,000 bitcoin by February  (Read 3149 times)
GMPoison (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:21:56 PM

Is there anyone else on this forum who is solely interested in what is best for bitcoin and not necessarily just it's price going through the roof? I suppose if it's price does rise high that would be a good thing for bitcoin, but not always. If it shoots up too quickly because of hype or what have you it could collapse like it did before. However I do believe that if the price crashes all the way back down like it did in 2013 it will only strengthen bitcoin even further, just like it did in 2013. However that doesn't mean that's what I'm hoping for.

I'm rooting for a slow and healthy climb like we've seen the past two years. I don't want to see a $2000 bitcoin by February, only to be followed by a $200 bitcoin in March. What are your guys' opinions? 
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:29:09 PM

Don't worry, it won't happen either way. It's already declining rather fast.
The best way is not to look at price at all, but at the number of transactions, that's what determines success imho.
Katewind

Activity: 121
Merit: 92

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:32:20 PM

Is there anyone else on this forum who is solely interested in what is best for bitcoin and not necessarily just it's price going through the roof? I suppose if it's price does rise high that would be a good thing for bitcoin, but not always. If it shoots up too quickly because of hype or what have you it could collapse like it did before. However I do believe that if the price crashes all the way back down like it did in 2013 it will only strengthen bitcoin even further, just like it did in 2013. However that doesn't mean that's what I'm hoping for.

I'm rooting for a slow and healthy climb like we've seen the past two years. I don't want to see a $2000 bitcoin by February, only to be followed by a $200 bitcoin in March. What are your guys' opinions? 

You don't need to worry about the price of 2000$ in February. Now it's down under 1000$ maybe it will be under 850$ soon .
You will see the price of 2000 in next march, 2018 soon.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:34:53 PM

Already more than enough people supporting bitcoin, and the price will always remain profitable for large miners, so I doubt we could ever see prices below $500. what is most important for me other than price is the stability of the network and even more important is the transactions time and confirmations time.

I want a network where any transactions with fees get in blocks less than 20 minutes and I think many people want the same thing as the price growth will set in eventually.

🖤😏
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4498

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:40:00 PM

though im hoarding alot a coin, i dont care much for the price drama. i dont even look at the price unless i have been prompted by other people drama.

those that understand bitcoin and in it for the long haul dont care much either. but i do have to agree a steady progressive price is better than a rampant price rise.

but with that said the up's and downs are to be expected.
if you are a trader do not panic/cry when the price drops. think of it as a discount day to buy more while cheap. if the price jumps treat it as a bonus day to sell at profit to then buy in later when it settles back down.

if your not a trader, then dont worry about the price

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:41:05 PM

Already more than enough people supporting bitcoin, and the price will always remain profitable for large miners, so I doubt we could ever see prices below $500. what is most important for me other than price is the stability of the network and even more important is the transactions time and confirmations time.

I want a network where any transactions with fees get in blocks less than 20 minutes and I think many people want the same thing as the price growth will set in eventually.

More than enough people supporting bitcoin? The amount of people who currently use bitcoin is only a drop in the bucket of the amount of people that I hope will one day use it!
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:41:55 PM

Yes I'm agree that the fast rise can provok collapse. Add to that it can make governments scare of bitcoin or to see some danger in it. And that can prove je banning from their side. So I'm also for slowly grow without any big surprises.
Qumiu

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:54:32 PM

I feels too expensive if bitcoin reach $ 2,000. In 2017, I just wanted ETH to be at last $ 50
Unidonade

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:56:50 PM

I feels too expensive if bitcoin reach $ 2,000. In 2017, I just wanted ETH to be at last $ 50

If the bitcoin reach $2000 in later 2017, it is not so expensive.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 04:58:48 PM

Slow and healthy climb/pump is always good however as marketcap of bitcoin can still be considered very low so price can easily get manipulated or have high volatility and even small news/event can trigger movement. But i don't think after touching $2000, price can go down to $200 within one month like you have given in example.  Roll Eyes
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 05:20:56 PM

I accept that history repeat it self but this time history is not going to repeat 2013 event. So everybody looking forward and everybody wish that Bitcoin price should go to the moon or atleast $2000.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:24:21 PM

I'm with you bro! I don't care about price I care about continued expansion into new markets and mass adoption. For me this is about something much more important than money.  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:27:22 PM

Technical analysis show that we are going to bounce back staight to 2k soon and after that 10k is possible
GMPoison (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:28:26 PM

I'm with you bro! I don't care about price I care about continued expansion into new markets and mass adoption. For me this is about something much more important than money.  

Exactly. I'm not in it to make a couple of bucks here and there. Of course there are plenty of people who are - and that's fine - just not me. I'm in it to change the world.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1344
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 05:56:05 PM

Technical analysis show that we are going to bounce back staight to 2k soon and after that 10k is possible
I think it takes long time before we can see that the price will touch in $2000 value and i think the movement of the price is normal ..and i think we will see back again the price will be high i think it will start at march april  or may those month that i think we will see that the price will increase above $1k again but for 2k value it takes  years to see that value..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:58:11 PM

Don't worry, it won't happen either way. It's already declining rather fast.
The best way is not to look at price at all, but at the number of transactions, that's what determines success imho.

How is it declining fast? we are only 20 dollars away from being at 1000 dollars again... it has resisted the massive correction pretty well in my book.
Also, let's not be naive here: price is extremely important. We need a good price and we need the price to rise over time. The higher the price, the more money that is being trusted into bitcoin being a potential safe haven. We all know as it is today, bitcoin is a poor payment transfer anyway, until we have lightning network bitcoin is gold 2.0 and the "currency" part is just an extra.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:05:08 PM

There will be no stopping a massive run up and a crash afterwards.. btc is just too small right now..

There 100% will be another MASSIVE run up and another large crash..

THAT SAID.. $200 is dream land we will never see that price again.  $200 per BTC is history now.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:16:31 PM

More than enough people supporting bitcoin? The amount of people who currently use bitcoin is only a drop in the bucket of the amount of people that I hope will one day use it!
What I meant was the people currently in support of bitcoin will never allow the market to crash, there will be always a large group of supporters and worrying about the network to crash is not necessary.
Bitcoin mining also remains profitable and that is a well established fact as for the last 4 years you can't find anyone mining bitcoin in loss.

🖤😏
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:56:30 PM

We always cannot expect slow and steady price appreciation. Just imagine if we are heading towards $10k price levels then $2000 will be possible before this February itself.

There will be nothing wrong if bitcoin reach there by this month itself too. Because if it reach there then it will definitely reach $10k levels by mid of this year. I agree after that some pullback will be possible still it will be good for all of us.
mombay

Activity: 299
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:01:23 PM

He will go soon at 550$.
2000$ don't think so, but it is possible ... not next month but possibly next year.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███