Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:05:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Batch 3 Avalon  (Read 1184 times)
Beans (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:34:58 AM

I've had a lot people ask about my Avalon. What do you guys think a Batch 3 is worth right now in $?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:26:03 AM

Certainly less than what you paid, given the fall of bitcoin - in usd terms, that is.
xorred

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:35:44 AM

don't listen to lowlifes with no money - get good offers or keep it for yourself!
shibaji

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:39:36 AM

don't listen to lowlifes with no money - get good offers or keep it for yourself!

Hmmm ... so you got xorred - how many bits in your brain got flipped ? He asked about value in $ you a$$hole. Learn to read.
tempt

Activity: 294
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:16:43 AM

Certainly less than what you paid, given the fall of bitcoin - in usd terms, that is.

That is so much Bullshit :-D
Dont listen to that jealous mofo, I still got offers that match about 150-200 BTC.
shibaji

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:23:53 AM

Dont listen to that jealous mofo, I still got offers that match about 150-200 BTC.

... and why is that bullshit ? how much was the $ price when you bought Avalon, and how much is $ equivalent now ?
quicklynx

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:33:28 AM

In my honest opinion, I see more value in gaining an abundance of coins at this point, rather than worrying about the price of them. That being said I feel the Avalon still hasn't lost much value in terms of $USD. The difference would, of course, be the cost in bitcoins, which would be more due to their current value.

I, like most here, have full faith the bitconomy will bounce back and continue to rise.
computerparts

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:07:06 PM

If you're going to sell it, then now would be the time if you're concerned about $. I would say it would be worth lesser than or equal to what you paid. There will be more market crashes in the near future so I highly doubt the value of btc will be as high as it was any time soon.
iammagicmike

Activity: 149

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:12:41 AM

In my honest opinion, I see more value in gaining an abundance of coins at this point, rather than worrying about the price of them. That being said I feel the Avalon still hasn't lost much value in terms of $USD. The difference would, of course, be the cost in bitcoins, which would be more due to their current value.

I, like most here, have full faith the bitconomy will bounce back and continue to rise.

THIS!  Quicklynx is dropping some good advice on you, the others that posted here are probably trying to BUY an avalon still so they are telling you scary stories about how your Avalon isn't worth what you paid for it.  I've got a batch 2 and a batch 3 and I wouldn't sell either of them for less than 200 BTC each.  In a year your Avalon will probably make you about 300 BTC. 

Referencing the current market drop is a stupid way to try and manipulate you into selling your avalon for cheaper.  That doesn't even make any goddam sense.

Well YOU paid 75 BTC which, at the time was worth about $6,000 USD when BTC was $77/each.  So now that the market has crashed from $266 down to a stable $90, you should really sell me your avalon for, oh i dunno, how about $500 USD?  Thats the best price you're gonna get for it and you should totally sell it right now, cuz you know, that market crash - it'll happen again and then you won't even get $500 for it.

That Avalon is worth more than double what you paid for it.  My advice - Don't sell it, mine the fuck out of it!

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
iammagicmike

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:21:19 AM

... and why is that bullshit ? how much was the $ price when you bought Avalon, and how much is $ equivalent now ?

It's bullshit because if he bought the Avalon batch 3 then that was when BTC was at $77.  He paid between 75-100 BTC, we'll just assume 100 BTC for the 80GH model.  So at the time it was worth $7,700 USD.  BTC today has been hovering around $95.  So his machine could EASILY have value of $95*100=$9,500 USD. 

Oh, unless you think that it should priced based on the USD value he paid for it.  So if he paid $7,700 for it and BTC is CURRENTLY at $95, then he should sell it for 81 BTC instead of 100 BTC. 

I hope that clears up the confusion about the bullshit.  DONT SELL BRO!  Keep it and make it rain!

shibaji

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:21:52 AM

It's bullshit because if he bought the Avalon batch 3 then that was when BTC was at $77.  He paid between 75-100 BTC, we'll just assume 100 BTC for the 80GH model.  So at the time it was worth $7,700 USD.  BTC today has been hovering around $95.  So his machine could EASILY have value of $95*100=$9,500 USD. 

Oh, unless you think that it should priced based on the USD value he paid for it.  So if he paid $7,700 for it and BTC is CURRENTLY at $95, then he should sell it for 81 BTC instead of 100 BTC. 

I hope that clears up the confusion about the bullshit.  DONT SELL BRO!  Keep it and make it rain!

If you check the time stamps of the posts, BTC was not 95 at that time. It was crashing and in downtrend. It is moot to reply with current context when the statement is not valid anymore.
iammagicmike

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:52:50 AM

If you check the time stamps of the posts, BTC was not 95 at that time. It was crashing and in downtrend. It is moot to reply with current context when the statement is not valid anymore.

I did what you asked and compared the time stamps from the original message (APRIL 12) with the price at the time.  From what I can see in the attached image, the price on April 12 was higher than $95 for the entire day.  I even circled it in red so even you could understand it.  Anything else?

shibaji

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:53:57 PM

I did what you asked and compared the time stamps from the original message (APRIL 12) with the price at the time.  From what I can see in the attached image, the price on April 12 was higher than $95 for the entire day.  I even circled it in red so even you could understand it.  Anything else?

Yes,  as far as I can see in the chart (the thread started on April 11, around 5pm) - price was closer to 50 than 100, and also in downtrend.

Anyway, my original point was, when this was posted, the trend was down, and hence my statement. These questions are situation based, and are not really valid over period of time. Clearly, if btc now goes to 200, my statement does not even start, similarly, if it goes to 40 bucks, it automatically becomes valid.

Trend is your friend, and the anticipation of future value is what drives the market, not what is now! In any case, this is what I wanted to say - so I rest my case.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: