Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:05:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Wars  (Read 973 times)
coin revolution (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:09:03 PM

During the history of humanity there have been wars for various reasons. Religion, race, energy sources etc. Will there be cyber wars for bitcoin under governmental control? The one with the money has the power. Those who want to keep this power will always want to chaos.
What do you think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:36:48 PM

During the history of humanity there have been wars for various reasons. Religion, race, energy sources etc. Will there be cyber wars for bitcoin under governmental control? The one with the money has the power. Those who want to keep this power will always want to chaos.
What do you think?

I think it's actually not that far fetched... the government is not going to simply sit back and relax as bitcoi nand the crypto anarchysts take away all government control over the monetary supply, they will hate how people will use bitcoin to bypass the Fiatcoin or whatever they release in a decade or two in order to get rid of physical cash... I predict it will not be a smooth transition.

I hope im wrong but I think we may see big inside jobs to blame terrorism on bitcoin. Of course, im not delusional like some of those alex jones idiots that think every single terrorist attack is an inside job and some of them will use bitcoin, but im also not naive and I think the government is capable doing that in order to promote an anti bitcoin policy... we will see, and we must be ready by then.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:31:08 AM

What do you think?

That can be only acomplished by governments and big banks buying all of the bitcoin or maybe all out hacking and seizing of the bitcoin, I don't see any other way.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
ArtPlayer

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:36:23 AM

Well let's cross that bridge when we get there, thus far bitcoin is nothing to wage war over, and certainly wouldn't be before quite some time and major societal breakdowns.
sergeyzol

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:30:53 PM

What do you think?

That can be only acomplished by governments and big banks buying all of the bitcoin or maybe all out hacking and seizing of the bitcoin, I don't see any other way.
I can't understand why Banks need bitcoins? In addition, all banks to operate on their territory are licensed. If the government is against anything the banks won't do. Why should any government support a foreign economy?.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:51:46 PM

all they have to do is threaten the few hundred people who run exchanges and they'll roll over and shut down. hey presto, the bitcoin market is history for everyone other than a tiny band of die hards.

easier still, just get the banks to shut their accounts. no need to pass any laws and that's that.
Mersedes

Activity: 223

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:54:42 PM

What do you think?
Wars lead to strong States. Weak States are just give up. I think that bitcoin is too weak for war. Any state can easily cope with them if necessary. While this is not necessary.
coin revolution (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:09:02 PM

I like conspiracy theories. Who runs the world? Who are the true owners of your money?
Who are the banks and financial institutions serving? People are running like hamsters. Because bitcoin is not controlled by a central authority, it will really bother somebody. We do not know who has so many bitcoins. Perhaps the banks have already begun to stock bitcoin.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:11:40 PM

I like conspiracy theories. Who runs the world? Who are the true owners of your money?
Who are the banks and financial institutions serving? People are running like hamsters. Because bitcoin is not controlled by a central authority, it will really bother somebody. We do not know who has so many bitcoins. Perhaps the banks have already begun to stock bitcoin.

But this is actually has some sense into it. We can never deny how Bitcoin now is pretty much indispensable in the economy. While I, too, believe now that banks are already stocking Bitcoins themselves. Still you can never hear any one of them advertising.

coin revolution (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:55:40 PM

But this is actually has some sense into it. We can never deny how Bitcoin now is pretty much indispensable in the economy. While I, too, believe now that banks are already stocking Bitcoins themselves. Still you can never hear any one of them advertising.

As far as I know, banks are working to develop new systems using blockchain infrastructure.
But the lords of the money have heard the word bitcoin for sure. They know that bitcoin is so valuable when compared to the dollar.
I think that the plutocracy who run the world have already started bitcoin stocks.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:08:32 PM

It's very possible, but there haven't been any "gold wars" or "dollar wars," although one could say some of the last wars of the USA were "dollar wars." Iraq was an oil war, WWII was a hate war, The Civil War was a race war, why not a Bitcoin war?

Ronxawala

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:46:19 PM

How can you stock up on bitcoin? As far as I know bitcoin is very limited in quantity. Additionally, if banks will gather bitcoins like will have turnover, and no turnover bitcoin is useless. I do believe that about him talking more than he deserved.
canah17

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 12:05:56 PM

What do you think?

Well its very possible because today if one of the things that can be use to rule the world or chaos is the one they are protecting or getting start on wars like you said religion, race, energy sources etc. so they are the things that can be use to rule world or make chaos and bitcoin can be at war its very powerful in the internet and its not just all about money its the one who provides the income of a internet employees i believe that if they have the power to obtain bitcoin the government will be strong by then and chaos will flow to once country who don't want that to happened so war happened and some of it the people will fight against the government and take over the power of bitcoin for them self that's what i think but its not a clear info but that's my opinion >.< sorry for the poor english Cheesy Have a good day! Cheesy
exscudo

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

Nextgen Financial Ecosystem

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 01:58:39 PM

I think it will be more diplomatic opposition rather than wars. There have been plenty of articles devoted to the topic of control over Bitcoin. As any resource, it attracts people and states. It is natural that we are experiencing some kind of rivalry in this sphere.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 11:59:49 PM

I’m pretty sure that goverments and banks will not cross their fingers and they hope bitcoin will fail. As we know some countries have already (like Estonia with cuber) or started to experiment (UK, Russia, China) with their digital currencies using a centralized form of block chain technology https://www.ft.com/content/f15d3ab6-750d-11e6-bf48-b372cdb1043a. I am fairly confident in the near future more countries under the pressure of their central banks will circulate their digital coins.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 06:55:18 PM

Well let's cross that bridge when we get there, thus far bitcoin is nothing to wage war over, and certainly wouldn't be before quite some time and major societal breakdowns.
with the rate bitcoin has become popular all over the world, it will soon attract attention that will cost cyber war. Many powerful countries including china, Russia and united states of America are concerned now on how their enemies may used their control on bitcoin to use terrorism in attack they country. Bitcoin is going to play a significant rule in future in who will be the world power.
coin revolution (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 10:29:37 AM

I think it will be more diplomatic opposition rather than wars. There have been plenty of articles devoted to the topic of control over Bitcoin. As any resource, it attracts people and states. It is natural that we are experiencing some kind of rivalry in this sphere.

Where do I get these articles? Do you have any article resources?

Certainly it will be a diplomatic force. Bitcoin can also become a reserve source. Countries like oil, gold or dollars can have bitcoin reserves. That's exactly what I want to say. The countries can organize attacks on the bitcoin reserves of one another.
coin revolution (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:17:17 PM

with the rate bitcoin has become popular all over the world, it will soon attract attention that will cost cyber war. Many powerful countries including china, Russia and united states of America are concerned now on how their enemies may used their control on bitcoin to use terrorism in attack they country. Bitcoin is going to play a significant rule in future in who will be the world power.

The new world order will be an alternative to bitcoin. Energy sources are constantly declining. Oil reserves will be over in the next 150 years. Countries can stop trading with the dollar.
Instead of gold, bitcoin reserves can make sense. That's when a real chaos will come out. Countries that already invest in bitcoin will be profitable.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 12:52:05 AM

If one or an institution can control 51 % GHS , the intitution is able to control crypto world.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 03:33:49 AM

What do you think?
There is already a war being fought on the internet the governments are attacking other states or companies to get their secrets, we seem to be on the verge of an economic war and probably another cold war, however while bitcoin may be a great technology I don’t see how a war for bitcoin could unfold, maybe there will be a war to try to get 51% hash rate or something.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: