Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:39:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i dont understand what is happening  (Read 1034 times)
BitcoinMuscle (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:54:59 AM

So here it is my story: 2 days ago i sented to a friend some btc . Here is the transaction :
https://blockchain.info/ro/tx-index/206662489 . The transaction was unconfimed for 2 days and then it dissaper from my transactions history and in my account balance i found 0.0026 btc from nowhere . Ok , i though that the transaction was uncofirmed and the btc was returned to my account. I sented those 0.0026btc to someone: https://blockchain.info/ro/tx-index/206614632 and then i had a surprise :my blockchain account balance is on minus ( i have -0.00228 btc in my account). Now when i look at the transaction i see it is a double transaction and i dont understand what the hell is happening here. Can someone help me? What should i do? Can i get those transactions confimed? Can i do something in my situation?I know i put very low fees but i have recent transaction with 0.00001 btc fee and it confirmed in 1-2 hour .Thanks guys
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:15:59 AM

your first transaction got dropped from the memory pool and after you sent the second transaction it happened that blockchain.info (your wallet) rebroadcasted it using the same input so its a double spend. only one of them will get confirmed by the miners and when that happens, the other one will vanish

about the fees, there are currently 50k unconfirmed transactions waiting to be confirmed so since you paid low fees, you will have to wait for few hours or days maybe https://btc.com/stats/unconfirmed-tx
BitcoinMuscle (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:27:01 AM

your first transaction got dropped from the memory pool and after you sent the second transaction it happened that blockchain.info (your wallet) rebroadcasted it using the same input so its a double spend. only one of them will get confirmed by the miners and when that happens, the other one will vanish

about the fees, there are currently 50k unconfirmed transactions waiting to be confirmed so since you paid low fees, you will have to wait for few hours or days maybe https://btc.com/stats/unconfirmed-tx
Second transaction will be confirmed for sure? It cant be dropped from memory pool?
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6642

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 03:35:00 AM

Second transaction will be confirmed for sure? It cant be dropped from memory pool?
There is no guarantee that your second transaction will confirm. It can still drop from the memory pool. It is just like any other transactions, there is nothing special about it.

I highly doubt any of those two transactions will confirm because the fees on both are very low.

Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:38:49 AM

This unconfirmed transcations list is becoming a problem. Miners need to start including the low fee transactions already.
BitcoinMuscle (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:40:07 AM

There is no guarantee that your second transaction will confirm. It can still drop from the memory pool. It is just like any other transactions, there is nothing special about it.
With my balance what will happen? It will remain the same? I mean i have -0.00228btc balance.
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 03:51:53 AM

With my balance what will happen? It will remain the same? I mean i have -0.00228btc balance.
That is something on blockchain.info's end, not related to the rest of the Bitcoin network. You will need to contact blockchain.info to sort that out.

Xanidas

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 04:09:36 AM

once one of those 2 transactions got confirmed, the other one will be dropped thus making your balance back to what it should be, in your case the negative will be removed and it will be zero left.

NEUROMATION

▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
    █▄     
    ███▄   
    ██▀██▄ 
█▄   ▀  ▀██▄
███▄      ██
██▀██▄    ██
██  ▀██▄  ██
██    ▀██▄██
██▄     ▀███
 ▀██▄  ▄  ▀█
   ▀██▄██   
     ▀███   
       ▀█   
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
....Distributed Synthetic Data Platform for Deep Learning Applications....
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Reddit YouTube Medium
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
BitcoinMuscle (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:18:48 AM

Thanks all for your answers. I will wait a couple of days for my transaction to be confirmed. I have thinking at something. Can i pay a miner to include my transaction into his block? Where can i find a miner? Here on the bitcointalk can i do this? Thanks again
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:25:37 AM

Thanks all for your answers. I will wait a couple of days for my transaction to be confirmed. I have thinking at something. Can i pay a miner to include my transaction into his block? Where can i find a miner? Here on the bitcointalk can i do this? Thanks again
Quickseller may be able to help you include your transaction in their pool or something.
I saw them helping people with the same problem as yours.  Ere's his profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=358020
BitcoinMuscle (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:47:11 AM

Quickseller may be able to help you include your transaction in their pool or something.
I saw them helping people with the same problem as yours.  Ere's his profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=358020
I contacted him and he said that can't help with anything involving a double spend attemp. If you know other user that can help me please leave me his profile. Thanks
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 05:25:26 AM

I contacted him and he said that can't help with anything involving a double spend attemp. If you know other user that can help me please leave me his profile. Thanks
Don't talk to him about double spend attempts. Rather tell him that it is a stuck transaction that you need confirmed. Only give him the link to one of the transactions.

The other person you can try talking to is macbook-air.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:57:07 AM

Don't talk to him about double spend attempts. Rather tell him that it is a stuck transaction that you need confirmed. Only give him the link to one of the transactions.
BC.I lists the transaction as a double spend, and I can't touch anything double spend related, even if the sender is attempting a double spend against himself.
BitcoinMuscle (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:28:07 PM

still, i am in the same situation
now i have to receive some bitcoins in my wallet, but again it is the problem that my balance is -0.00218 and if i receive a payment it will count that btc from it . i am sure that those 2 unconfirmed transactions will never get confirmed but can i deleted them from my wallet? somy balance to be 0 btc? can i contact blockhain.info to do that? so what should i do? please help me
longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:32:13 PM

now i have to receive some bitcoins in my wallet, but again it is the problem that my balance is -0.00218 and if i receive a payment it will count that btc from it . i am sure that those 2 unconfirmed transactions will never get confirmed but can i deleted them from my wallet? somy balance to be 0 btc? can i contact blockhain.info to do that? so what should i do? please help me

You can't delete them from your wallet, only blockchain.info can (automatically or by their operators). Yes you can and should contact blockchain.info's support to do that.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 12:22:49 AM

i the FAQ blockchain.info it says that they do not respond at tickets about unconfirmed transaction or any questuin related to transactions,but you should submit a ticket because this is their job and only them can resolve this problem right now
Xanidas

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 02:22:37 AM

you can delete the address that have that transaction OR you can just generate a new address and use the new one to recieve any payment.  it shouldn't be a problem once you are used to it.

additionally, blockchain.info is an online wallet and its not advisable to use them to store your coins, better if you can download light wallet like electrum

NEUROMATION

▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
    █▄     
    ███▄   
    ██▀██▄ 
█▄   ▀  ▀██▄
███▄      ██
██▀██▄    ██
██  ▀██▄  ██
██    ▀██▄██
██▄     ▀███
 ▀██▄  ▄  ▀█
   ▀██▄██   
     ▀███   
       ▀█   
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
....Distributed Synthetic Data Platform for Deep Learning Applications....
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Reddit YouTube Medium
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
BitcoinMuscle (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:25:40 PM

Guys , i want some help from you. Look what happened now: The second transaction of 0.0026btc has dissapered from my account and i received the btc in my wallet. The first transaction is still in unconfirmed( @Quickseller maybe you can help me now because it is not a double spent)
Can i send a payment now to a different wallet? It will be again a double spent? What should i do?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: