Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Loan for Tuition [collateral]  (Read 2813 times)
apexofservice (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:26:51 AM

Hi, I need 10 BTC for my tuition payment due in one week. My school is University of Washington. Will pay 1% interest per month, up to 6 months. I may return the BTC earlier than 6 months, and interest will be calculated at 1% per month. I would be willing to provide name, address and copy resume as collateral.

Can any lender help me out?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:31:09 AM

It looks like you misunderstad what a collateral is.

In lending agreements, collateral is a borrower's pledge of specific property to a lender, to secure repayment of a loan.
Your name address and resume does not secure a repayment so it is not a valid collateral.
If you are looking for a tuition loan why not ask the government or something, isn't there a student loan in countries like in US or something?
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:31:44 AM

How can we sell your name and get 10 btc back?

Grin Grin
apexofservice (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:34:06 AM

In lending agreements, collateral is a borrower's pledge of specific property to a lender, to secure repayment of a loan.
I am almost getting a PhD. Isn't that enough? I can also give my picture, and the contact email for my advisor for proof of my tuition.
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:36:05 AM

I am almost getting a PhD. Isn't that enough? I can also give my picture, and the contact email for my advisor for proof of my tuition.

If you default, can we sell your PhD? You're getting a PhD but you are stupid as hell.
jacee
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:42:26 AM

A PhD studet who doesn't know what is a collateral and what not? I don't think so. You are asking too much the worth even if you really are a PhD student.
Xanidas

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 04:45:17 AM

how could that be enough? is your pictures and contact email worth 10k USD? why not tell us you have plan to buy google company in 6 months and after that you will be able to pay the lender the whole amount.

NEUROMATION

▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
    █▄     
    ███▄   
    ██▀██▄ 
█▄   ▀  ▀██▄
███▄      ██
██▀██▄    ██
██  ▀██▄  ██
██    ▀██▄██
██▄     ▀███
 ▀██▄  ▄  ▀█
   ▀██▄██   
     ▀███   
       ▀█   
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
....Distributed Synthetic Data Platform for Deep Learning Applications....
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Reddit YouTube Medium
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
apexofservice (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:48:32 AM

If you default, can we sell your PhD? You're getting a PhD but you are stupid as hell.
My PhD will help me get a good job. This means I have the income stream to pay you back.

I have never defaulted on any of my student loans before.

A PhD studet who doesn't know what is a collateral and what not? I don't think so. You are asking too much the worth even if you really are a PhD student.
I have other student loans. None of them have any different collateral.
Lone Shark

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:52:55 AM

My PhD will help me get a good job. This means I have the income stream to pay you back.

You still have not grasped the idea of collateral, eh? Basically, in the event, you default the collateral will cover for your loan. Easy enough? It doesn't take a Ph.D. to know this.
apexofservice (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:56:30 AM

You still have not grasped the idea of collateral, eh? Basically, in the event, you default the collateral will cover for your loan. Easy enough? It doesn't take a Ph.D. to know this.
Student loans are very safe because they are for students. I can't get rid of my loan even in Bankruptcy.

Can you help me out?

I can use multiple lenders if that helps spread the risk around.
jacee
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:58:17 AM

Student loans don't require you collaterals because they know who you are and it's government provided. Loans here are provided by lenders own pocket so why would they want to require your identity if that is not even worth the loan you are asking?
Ask your family or relatives for a loan not strangers on the internet.
Lone Shark

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:01:41 AM

Student loans are very safe because they are for students. I can't get rid of my loan even in Bankruptcy.

Can you help me out?

I can use multiple lenders if that helps spread the risk around.

No one will help you. We cannot guarantee you will pay your loan. We don't care if you borrowed from the mafia and you were able to pay it. The point is you don't even offer up valid collateral. Especially for that large amount. No one will even give you 0.0000001BTC. Just close this, and work your ass off in real life. We don't care about your sob story. No one here would care if you get buried in debts. Unless you can offer security for your loan, then get out.
Xanidas

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 05:03:17 AM

then why not ask again a loan from anyone who gave you a loan before instead of asking strangers to give you money for "tuition" (which i highly doubt, educated people know they shouldn't ask a no collateral loan specially here)

another option is ask your grandma to buy you some chocolates and give it to the school admin, maybe they will exempt you from paying your tuition

NEUROMATION

▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
    █▄     
    ███▄   
    ██▀██▄ 
█▄   ▀  ▀██▄
███▄      ██
██▀██▄    ██
██  ▀██▄  ██
██    ▀██▄██
██▄     ▀███
 ▀██▄  ▄  ▀█
   ▀██▄██   
     ▀███   
       ▀█   
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
....Distributed Synthetic Data Platform for Deep Learning Applications....
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Reddit YouTube Medium
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
Sourgummies

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:03:37 AM

I hope this guy is never my doctor.
Lone Shark

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:05:31 AM

LOL. A Ph.D is not a Medical Doctor. XD
apexofservice (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:09:56 AM

Student loans don't require you collaterals because they know who you are and it's government provided. Loans here are provided by lenders own pocket so why would they want to require your identity if that is not even worth the loan you are asking?
Not all student loans are government provided. I am asking for a private student loan. The lender will knkow who I am.

My PhD is in Linguistics.

I can offer some of my Lushootseed tools as collateral. Would that help?
Sourgummies

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:11:52 AM

Not all student loans are government provided. I am asking for a private student loan. The lender will knkow who I am.

Wait wait. That's like language right. And you still cont comprehend what collateral is. Fuck man. You suck! Better find a new PhD to get into.
Sourgummies

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:12:21 AM

So a Ph.D cant get me drugs like my normal doctor would or could he?
Lone Shark

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:17:02 AM

So a Ph.D cant get me drugs like my normal doctor would or could he?

An M.D. is not the same as a Ph.D.

M.D. = Doctor of Medicine
Ph.D = Doctor of Philosophy
jacee
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:17:55 AM

Like a lushootseed analyzer?nah, I don't think that's any of value to lenders here.
 Read this:

What is considered collateral?

Collateral is something that can easily be resold to cover the loan value plus interest should the loaner default on the loan.

- The best collateral is another crypto-currency, such as Litecoin (also written as LTC).  Coins must be moderately traded on multiple exchanges.
- Some digital wares such as domain names can be considered as long as the user cannot recover it.
- Small valuable items that can be shipped though the mail - i.e. gold, silver, iphones, etc.
- Large items, such as a motorcycle or guitar can be used if you live close to the person giving you the loan.  Try localbitcoins.com

What is not considered collateral?

- Items they want to sell.  They don't want it back, so they will default.  It's scammy unethical behavior and will lead to negative trust.  Check their recent posts!
- Items not in hand.  Don't trust a user that promises to give you something *when* they default!  Tracking numbers only show something has been mailed - it could be an empty box.
- Future income.  You can prove you'll make xx coins in the next few days, but nothing forces you to send those coins to pay your debt.
- Identification.  So what if they can prove who they are.  Are you going to spend more money and time taking them to court on untested legal grounds?  You'll probably just walk away, like everyone does.  ID is useless.
- Games codes or similar.  To verify the collateral you need to use the code, which destroys the collateral.  Consider this a purchase, not a loan.  (Post in Digital Goods instead)
- Most new alt-coins or alt-coins that trade for satoshis are not good collateral as they can become worthless overnight.
- Paypal should never be used - they are anti-bitcoin and will rule against you 100% of the time.  Escrow can't even help, as paypal charge backs can come over 6 months later!
- Most valuable online accounts can easily be recovered by social engineering (the user contacting support to say they were hacked, and regain control of the account)  Examples:  Steam

You may want to try btcjam or btcpop bitbond. If you only have your documents. No one can help you here in the forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: