Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:06:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which tumbler to use  (Read 943 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:27:49 AM

I need to use a mixer/tumbler. Which one is good and has only good feedback. I've seen some have negative feedback and that they scamm..

Here's the issue with mixers: they don't work. There have been multiple studies in the past showing that through simple, automated analytics, you can still track 99%+ of the mixed inputs/outputs and tell where they ended up. Remember, BTC is pseudo-anonymous, not anonymous. All you're doing is adding in a new layer of obfuscation but anyone could break that at any time.
You definitely have a point there, but it's pretty stupid for someone to send 0.5BTC for example, and have the "clean" coins sent directly to one of his other wallets.

If you make use of a manual fee in combination with a certain delay, plus the fact that you can have that 0.5BTC sent into smaller fractions to the destination addresses, it will practically be impossible to trace them.

But yes, there is absolutely nothing that guarantees you that no one will be able to spot them. But it's giving people a safer feeling. Especially when they send the mixed coins to their cold wallets.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:49:50 AM

I need to use a mixer/tumbler. Which one is good and has only good feedback. I've seen some have negative feedback and that they scamm..

Here's the issue with mixers: they don't work. There have been multiple studies in the past showing that through simple, automated analytics, you can still track 99%+ of the mixed inputs/outputs and tell where they ended up. Remember, BTC is pseudo-anonymous, not anonymous. All you're doing is adding in a new layer of obfuscation but anyone could break that at any time.
You definitely have a point there, but it's pretty stupid for someone to send 0.5BTC for example, and have the "clean" coins sent directly to one of his other wallets.

If you make use of a manual fee in combination with a certain delay, plus the fact that you can have that 0.5BTC sent into smaller fractions to the destination addresses, it will practically be impossible to trace them.

But yes, there is absolutely nothing that guarantees you that no one will be able to spot them. But it's giving people a safer feeling. Especially when they send the mixed coins to their cold wallets.

There are always going to be ways to trace them. And the fundamentals of doing so are ridiculously easy due to how propagation works. I'm not saying it does NOTHING to obfuscate things, but those who are mixing are usually doing so for a reason. And mixing is not going to magically make whatever it is they're doing safe.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: