Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:47:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Anyone know what's going on with notroll.in ???  (Read 729 times)
lavajumper (OP)

Activity: 873
Merit: 1035

Sexcoin Core Dev Team Member

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:22:49 AM

Is anyone else getting an 'invalid address' error when trying to withdraw?

I would post this in the correct forum....but....you know.

TIA

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lavajumper (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:15:35 AM

UPDATE: Just tried again, everything went through fine.

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
slimpig

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:35:17 AM

I was able to pull a large chunk of coins out from notroll (well above a single block worth) about 2minutes ago. Have been seriously worried about this for the last few days, so very glad nick worked things out.  He still need to correct the incorrect adjustments that resulted in exactly 25% being deducted from everyone's balance, but this is definitely a positive sign.
lavajumper (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:10:43 PM

That's great news.
I've been cpu mining (read: really low hash rate.) while trying to cobble together a mining rig. So, I've been watching the events on notroll closely. I still am. I think it would really be nice if his site supported a forum for the active users. I still can't post anywhere else here.

mightyb

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:23:33 PM

How often does the hash rate update on there? All my stats are at 0 but I still show the right number of invalids.
lavajumper (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:52:43 PM

Its on the 'help' page on his site:
Shares are counted every second
Speed estimates are updated every minute
https://notroll.in/index.php?page=help

And I have never been able to figure out how he calculates the reported hash rate. Sometimes its twice what my miners are reporting and sometimes its half. I assume the discrepancies are a result of the number of accepted hashes and the percentage of contributed hashes, but that's only a guess. I've still got a lot to learn.

minerbilly

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:32:54 PM

I recommend the following:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92716.660

and Nicksasas posts who owns notroll.in:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=11875;sa=showPosts

In short, what happend is there was apparently an unintended double payment on notroll.in and the pools LTCs dried out due to autowithdraw.
To quickly remedy this (temporarily ?), Nicksasa (the pool owner I guess) took away from everyones non withdraw payment account 25%.

The problem some guys had (as I understood), their autowithdraw was either inactive or they set a higher threshold value which could not be reached. They acumulated LTCs which where reduced by 25% by the pools owner without any notice. Between an interval of aprox. 30 min. where i querried my account, i saw it reduced by 25%. I checked out the pools site for notices and the bitcointalk forum, but found no information. Only after aprox. 8..12 hours (if i remember well) the first complains appeared (see first link).

--------------------
Nicksasa on April 09, 2013, 03:42:57 PM:

Before you flip out, let me explain this.
On 7/04/2013-8/04/2013 getwork miners were paid DOUBLE. Then since 14h ago EVERYONE was paid double.
Ofcourse i HAD to correct this.

This was also the reason the hot wallet dried up while i was away (and i still am, btw).

--------------------

Nicksasa on April 10, 2013, 09:55:21 PM:

To everyone that is sure that they lost too much, I will put up something (a page, or pm's, i'm not sure yet.) so i can look into it. I know it wasn't fair to everyone but i had to take immediate action.

It's sad to see that even after 2 days nobody even thought of telling me. I really thought the LTC community was more mature then this.
(And as stated before by MANY pools, pools are NOT a bank.)

--------------------

Somewhere I read Nicksasa is having medical care and I whish him a quick recovery.

The thing that I criticize here is he had the time to withdraw those 25 % from everyones non withdrawn LTCs, but had no time to leave at least a small notice on his website saying there is a problem. I am curious to see what will happen to those, who won't notice and/or won't reclaim their mined LTCs. There are surely some people who didn't mine during double payment or others like me who joined this pool shortly after the double payment ended.

As pool maintainer with a fee, you earn the coins of the work of others, but you also have a responsibility to take if mistakes happen.

Please do not see my message as harassment or the like. Of course it will set Nicksasa under some pressure. I am aware of this. That's why I clearly want to say this:

a) he gets medical care (at least that's what I read in this forum), so I'll give him time to take actions
b) give always people the possibility to rectify errors one has done

The LTCs that where removed from my account at notroll.in are not worth this long message, but the future action the owner will take (or not) once his health is back will have an impact on my point of view how trustworthy I will see his pool.

BTW, Nicksasa says 'To everyone that is sure that they lost too much, I will put up something ... so i can look into it'.
What about the those who lost less ?
lavajumper (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:50:17 PM

WOW! I completely missed that second thread.

I've been working under the assumption that his silence was probably because he was recovering from ... I think I saw... appendicitis? If that's true, no one can expect too much from him, just the fact he's doing anything besides laying in bed is commendable.

I see a lot of evidence of immaturity and poor decisions, or it could just be physical PAIN, but I'm really not seeing any outright malice.

However....hmmm....

IMHO - the jury's still out.

Thanks for pointing me to his more recent posts, and the synopsis!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: