Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:16:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ASK] How to fix blockchain stuck??  (Read 855 times)
fikihafana (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:32:11 AM

I want to learn more about blockchain and now i'm getting stuck to sync blockchain. For excample my wallet stuck at block '11987', how to fix this so user can sync their client.

In my case i used Kubo coin for learning, here is thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1497264.0
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:28:13 AM

If your client is stuck at that certain block, that means something is preventing it from syncing. Maybe an anti-virus? Did you get a notification? Or maybe check at the bottom left of the client. How many peers are connected? If there are none, reopen your client and/or add new nodes manually.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
fikihafana (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:26:24 PM

If your client is stuck at that certain block, that means something is preventing it from syncing. Maybe an anti-virus? Did you get a notification? Or maybe check at the bottom left of the client. How many peers are connected? If there are none, reopen your client and/or add new nodes manually.

I've been added some node from exchangebut it's not work. Below picture you will see, a problem

This wallet have a 2 connection

http://imgur.com/UsJJTeB

I also check getpeerinfo and have 2 peers

http://imgur.com/cYuXVlG

but blockchain stuck at block

http://imgur.com/rmcwkip

I'm not developer of this coin, i'm just wondering to solve this problem for study. I can see other coin developer can fix this problem too?
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 05:27:30 PM

No one is mining or staking the network, that's why. PoW coins needs hardware mining, switch on your wallet's mining feature. While PoS coins need a number of nodes to stake continuously. If there are only two nodes, no one will stake after them.

Blockchain Mechanic

Activity: 380
Merit: 103

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 05:54:19 PM

If you are at par with the rest of the network, then there are two possibilities

1) Noone is mining or staking (if it has PoS)

or

2) There is something preventing block creation/propagation

if it is PoW with sufficiently low difficulty, try mining and look in your debug log to see if there are any issues. If it is PoS then you need someone to send you coins, mine/mint until their confirmed, then you can take over keeping the network alive and blocks rolling in. Preferably they should send you as many transactions in as many blocks as it takes to confirm a block on the chain (all amounts above minimum stake amount)

There are many things that stall chains, but assuming the best case scenario, this will probably get you going.

Equality vs Equity...
Discord :- BlockMechanic#8560
fikihafana (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:35:07 PM

If you are at par with the rest of the network, then there are two possibilities

1) Noone is mining or staking (if it has PoS)

or

2) There is something preventing block creation/propagation

if it is PoW with sufficiently low difficulty, try mining and look in your debug log to see if there are any issues. If it is PoS then you need someone to send you coins, mine/mint until their confirmed, then you can take over keeping the network alive and blocks rolling in. Preferably they should send you as many transactions in as many blocks as it takes to confirm a block on the chain (all amounts above minimum stake amount)

There are many things that stall chains, but assuming the best case scenario, this will probably get you going.

Thanks for anwering this. Now i want to know about this, is this correct or not? if i disable staking in config file it won't syncing

http://imgur.com/a/xAt4E
Blockchain Mechanic

Activity: 380
Merit: 103

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 08:46:49 PM

-snip-

For any block you mine and/or stake, you must be synced otherwise they are all invalid  with regard to the main/active chain. So first you have to ensure your client is synced up to the same block height as the rest of the network before attempting to mine or stake. If you force the issue, you will create a fork.

Equality vs Equity...
Discord :- BlockMechanic#8560
fikihafana (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:46:38 PM

-snip-

For any block you mine and/or stake, you must be synced otherwise they are all invalid  with regard to the main/active chain. So first you have to ensure your client is synced up to the same block height as the rest of the network before attempting to mine or stake. If you force the issue, you will create a fork.

Do you mean now i'm creating soft fork for coin?
StinkyLover

Activity: 454

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:33:10 AM

I want to learn more about blockchain and now i'm getting stuck to sync blockchain. For excample my wallet stuck at block '11987', how to fix this so user can sync their client.

In my case i used Kubo coin for learning, here is thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1497264.0

Why are you using a dead coin for learning?? What do you hope to learn from a dead chain? The are many 'almost-worthless' coins out there to play with that have working, synced blockchains, explorers, wallets (even mobile wallets as well) and even active communities who will help you learn. Most coins have a testnet that you can attach to and play with. You will learn a lot more using a live testnet than playing with a dead coin.

Or are you not being completely truthful about your motives....? 
fikihafana (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:11:09 AM

Why are you using a dead coin for learning?? What do you hope to learn from a dead chain? The are many 'almost-worthless' coins out there to play with that have working, synced blockchains, explorers, wallets (even mobile wallets as well) and even active communities who will help you learn. Most coins have a testnet that you can attach to and play with. You will learn a lot more using a live testnet than playing with a dead coin.

Or are you not being completely truthful about your motives....?  

Yes i know there are many worth altcoin working chain. I had test them, now i don't wanna play and learn using working coin it's not my main target, because i need more case.  Grin . if i want to revive or takeover a coin, i don't want to takeover this project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: