Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:17:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This pull back is great  (Read 2426 times)
calkob (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:30:52 AM

It great in the sense that it is allowing more people world wide to get on board, and in the long term interest of bitcoin that is a good thing.  The only ones who hate crashes are day traders, and th eguy who lost his short the other day waiting for this.  lol  Shocked

So sitback ya'll and enjoy the ride this year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:35:33 AM

Yeah, I'm waiting for the price to go a little bit down to buy for the first time a bigger amount of BTC. The huge hikes in its price are great for all of us, we're mostly tempted to buy no matter if it goes up or down (being afraid it's going to rise even more, or thinking the price is on the lowest level). I will be waiting for a <$400 price to buy.
tusziget

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:47:22 AM

I understand your point of you,but I am not happy at all the the value of Bitcoin has crashed.I'm sorry for the traders too,who wanted to make profit with the Bitcoins value change,and now that's suddenly the price of Bitcoin dropped from  $1150 to $875,that's gonna change the whole situation.Maybe the Bitcoin's value will drop even more.I remember I was happy to see last year in December the price of Bitcoin rising every day,and see the Bitcoin getting stronger...Although it it not the first time,that the Bitcoin's value is getting very high in  a short period of time and after that we can see that is dropping back to the initial value.The traders who were highly intuitive and have sold their Bitcoins ,when the Bitcoin's price was $1150, have made some good profit and now can buy again Bitcoins at much lower price and wait for the Bitcoin's price rising again and do some trading again.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:06:01 PM

Though I am a long trader but that sudden shift from one thousand dollars going down has caused some panic in me. But I was relieved that bitcoin has stopped crashing and has stabilized at the least. I did not expect such intense drop in the price I hope that will not happen again this year, but if it does I will no longer panic and maintain my calmness.

I still believe that bitcoin will go back to 1000$ each or possibly much higher this year.
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:08:27 PM

I just got up and see it lost another $100 OVERNIGHT same at this same time yesterday only 24 hours ago.
There goes $200 of gains made in 2 months down in 2 days. Embarrassed

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:30:33 PM

Nope, after these dumps where newbies lose their money bitcoin gets more and more a scam. As soon as it goes up to 1000 again (if ever again) I think I´ll sell my coins and get out of this shit. There will never be a chance to let BTC grow. Each time greedy people have to ruin everything. And again negative shitstorm from the media comes over bitcoin and more people realize that this is only a scam.

Bitcoin is the same as fiat. The 1% that owns the coins rule everything. I see it will drop back to 600s.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:38:39 PM

I just got up and see it lost another $100 OVERNIGHT same at this same time yesterday only 24 hours ago.
There goes $200 of gains made in 2 months down in 2 days. Embarrassed

Yes, its big dump in the price chart. Now the value seems to be 883$ as of now. I could say do not sell the bitcoin if you have with you. You could just make earnings as much you can till the next pump in the bitcoin price.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:40:36 PM

It great in the sense that it is allowing more people world wide to get on board, and in the long term interest of bitcoin that is a good thing.  The only ones who hate crashes are day traders, and th eguy who lost his short the other day waiting for this.  lol  Shocked

Yes this is a great entry point now.
For newbies, who are interested in buying their first coin and also for all the others who are in this space much longer and would like get more, meaning chance for accumulation.
Regarding the day traders, they know about the risk they are taking of trying to ride the Bitcoin wave, in what direction ever, so I don't feel pitty with them.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:41:34 PM

eh. yeah I guess it is, but i want it to stop already  Sad
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:43:32 PM

As soon as it goes up to 1000 again (if ever again) I think I´ll sell my coins and get out of this shit.

why now? the 'growth' wasn't any more natural than the fall.

it all hinges on adoption. i haven't seen much evidence of that increasing dramatically.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 12:51:29 PM

As soon as it goes up to 1000 again (if ever again) I think I´ll sell my coins and get out of this shit.

it all hinges on adoption. i haven't seen much evidence of that increasing dramatically.

Mass adoption is a "Waiting for Godot" forever. It will never happen, has not happened in 8 years since bitcoin's inception. Every year it's been the same sh1t every time. Chinese whales pump-n-dump bitcoins. Every January they dump, every December they pump. We are just puppets, manipulated by our Chinese masters.

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:43:49 PM

I am in BTC since 2012 and I´ve seen this exact scenario many times now. As it was @1100 and stopped there for two days, I knew a dump is coming. First huge drop to 885 (stamp) then back to 1000 (dead cat bounce), then another drop to 870s again and now the price will hover around 900 for 1-2 days and then the next drop will come, down to 800, then 700, then 600 etc. Same scenario as always. And then people start screaming "bitcoin is dead", price will go even more down, whales buy more coins, pump the price again, hope is everywhere, people buy again, new rally, whale sells again, drop, panic etc... For years now it is the same shit. They promised that Bitcoin will do everything better than the banks.  And it is even worse. The 1% steals the money from the poor people. Like the banksters do.
btcmerich

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

Guys, we all know this is how Bitcoin works. That is why is crazy everytime we have the usual pump people scream 2k-5k-10k - Moon. I love Bitcoin because i can use it to make profits. But bitcoin as greate idea as it was will never gain mass respect because of the fact it is a POW coin. POW coins is easy to control by miners.

MANCRYPTOS

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 02:21:49 PM

Yeah, I'm waiting for the price to go a little bit down to buy for the first time a bigger amount of BTC. The huge hikes in its price are great for all of us, we're mostly tempted to buy no matter if it goes up or down (being afraid it's going to rise even more, or thinking the price is on the lowest level). I will be waiting for a <$400 price to buy.
Yes, I agree with you I'm trader too ,Im like hunter now, every 1hr I'm in the market to catch good price to buy some, so if we are lucky we can catch price like 500-600$ to buy them

abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 02:31:46 PM

Yes, I agree with you I'm trader too ,Im like hunter now, every 1hr I'm in the market to catch good price to buy some, so if we are lucky we can catch price like 500-600$ to buy them
I agree , The price now is not that much stable , bitcoins price is getting really high and getting really low  for a short period of time. It is good now to watch and trade bitcoin to your local currency. I am making good profit from it today.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:37:35 PM

Pullbacks are great and all, but beware with wanting a price that's too low thinking it will not go any lower... if we get as low as $500, the mentality by others might start to be "hey why not just wait for 300..." this can keep pushing the price down.

I think it would be ideal if we can stay within the 800-900 range for a while and then continue growing slowly, this rally was too abrupt, but we can keep growing, going back to 500 wouldn't be good business.
jasonjm

Activity: 1246
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 02:37:40 PM

it is not great if you want any stability in your store of value

up 30% down 20% all in days

only crazy people would allocate more than 5% of their net worth in bitcoin
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:39:30 PM

Probably yes Cheesy it's a great chance for all of use (we can buy more btc and spend less!)

But a 25% dump in less than some hours sounds too bad... probably we have missing some fundamental info about the development of btc infrastructure and we risk to sit in an empty bubble!!!

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6270

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:31:08 PM

I think it's good, but for another reason.

Bitcoin has difficult decisions ahead, above all the SegWit adoption. It seems it has still a long time before activation. If SegWit is not implemented and the transaction volume keeps growing like in 2016, then we'll have a problem in not more than 2-3 months: we'll have continuously full blocks. That would mean some people would stay outside the blockchain, even with legit transactions and higher fees.

Imagine what would mean that in a bull run. Blocks will be even fuller, there will be many newbies crying about their transactions not getting confirmed, and the sentiment rapidly would be MUCH more negative than it is now.

The best scenario for the first months of 2017 in my opinion is a sideways market in the 780-1000 area until segwit is adopted - then we can go to da moon if we want Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
oblomov

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:16:17 PM

It great in the sense that it is allowing more people world wide to get on board, and in the long term interest of bitcoin that is a good thing.  The only ones who hate crashes are day traders, and th eguy who lost his short the other day waiting for this.  lol  Shocked

I agree.  I will use the pullback to add to my positions, in BTC and a few other cryptos.

What we are seeing is typical market behavior.  I do not regard it as a "crash".
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: