Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:55:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 60k volume right at the time Mt Gox pulled offline WTF???  (Read 1263 times)
Wuji (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:55:16 AM

I'm looking at the graphs and I see 60k volume on the M15 right before the crash.  A massive selloff and the shutdown.  This has to correlate somehow and I'd like to understand cause and effect here.

http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/widget/chart/
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:10:29 AM

Something very unnatural is going on at MtGox right now. The price is $50. That just doesn't make sense even.
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:12:18 AM

I'm showing $67 now on the real time chart but, I think it does make perfect sense.  People have lost confidence.  I will not be surprised at all to see $30 tomorrow.
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:30:26 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 06:40:55 AM by Manticore

I think Mt. Gox has been manipulating the price all along.....I think they will do anything to keep it pumped.
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:30:58 AM

Dat Mt Gox  Grin
dbanga85

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:43:48 AM

I'm showing $67 now on the real time chart but, I think it does make perfect sense.  People have lost confidence.  I will not be surprised at all to see $30 tomorrow.

keep dreaming better buy now or get left behind

Buy Low Sell HIGH is the Motto...
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:04:37 AM

Something very unnatural is going on at MtGox right now. The price is $50. That just doesn't make sense even.

i feel for you, man. a lot of people were very greedy and it always ends the same way. i'm assuming, but you probably didn't know much about bitcoin before it broke it's all-time high, $31. I figured then that there would be another speculative bubble, driving the price up to $100, maybe!

Bitcoin has been worth single digits or less about half of its lifetime. Before 2013, bitcoin had only ever been worth more than $20 for two brief weeks, during a period generally known to all as an aberration.

we dun goofd again

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:02:48 AM

Ok huge sell offs in volume and Mt. Gox shuts down again.  It looks like they want to not run if the price starts dropping again. Maybe they feel their lag is causing the drops but this is insanity.  I'm not putting money back in Mt. Gox after today.
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:17:23 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 06:53:18 AM by Manticore

If the price starts dropping, you can rest assured Gox will lag. The lower they go, the longer the lag. Same lag, different excuse. Sometimes they lag because of success. Sometimes they lag because of panic selling. Sometimes they lag because of DDoS. Or, perhaps they lag to manipulate the price?
Wuji (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:20:42 AM

If the price starts dropping, you can rest assured Gox will lag. The lower they go, the longer the lag. Same lag, different excuse. Sometimes they lag because of success. Sometimes they lag because of panic selling. Sometimes they lag because of DDoS. Or, perhaps they lag to manipulate the price.

Yeah but this is the first time I've witnessed them shutting down.  Seems convenient they are saying heavy DDOS while the price is dropping.  I don't believe DDOS results in panic selling.  There was DDOS and lag on the way up this bubble.
overclock

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:22:55 AM

If the price starts dropping, you can rest assured Gox will lag. The lower they go, the longer the lag. Same lag, different excuse. Sometimes they lag because of success. Sometimes they lag because of panic selling. Sometimes they lag because of DDoS. Or, perhaps they lag to manipulate the price.

Yeah but this is the first time I've witnessed them shutting down.  Seems convenient they are saying heavy DDOS while the price is dropping.  I don't believe DDOS results in panic selling.

Right before their last shutdown, I saw two massive sell orders @ 30 cents. It appeared on the Tradehill site (which has not been working since then) right before Gox went down 12+ hours ago. I don't know if it's a glitch, but it wiped out all of the other active buy orders according to Tradehill's site.
lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:24:04 AM

unlikely panic selling, most bitcoin buyers and sellers are asleep at the moment. DDoS maybe, but withstanding DDoS attacks is simply not that hard.
HappyBitCoinUser

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:27:06 AM

Krabby

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:34:38 AM

I'm going to steal this from the other thread: