Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:29:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Forum / Campaign] Why have I been banned? Posting guidelines.  (Read 2991 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Lauda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 10:19:25 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2017, 10:47:18 PM by Lauda
Merited by bL4nkcode (2)

Why am I banned from my signature campaign / the forum?

If you have been referred to this thread. then it is likely that you have been either breaking campaign or forum rules which could lead to your account being negatively affected (for example, negatively rated and/or banned).

The following guide is intended to inform you what is and isn't acceptable on Bitcointalk when posting. It is suggested that you read and apply this information to your posting habits in order to avoid any negative consequences. To begin, let's go over some definitions that will likely be used around the forum

Definitions
Low Quality Posts:
These are usually posts that do not add enough to a discussion to warrant them being there. Obvious examples of such posts include:
  • "Thanks",
  • "I agree",
  • "+1",

However, these are not the only cases of low quality posting. Other examples of low quality posting may include:
  • Repeating points already made in the thread,
  • Repeating answers to questions that have already been answered,
  • Posts with extremely poor English that are borderline unreadable to most users,
  • Posts that do not add anything to the topic of discussion.

In addition, the quality of posts is not necessarily increased by length. Posts should include only things that are relevant to the discussion as stated by the OP and should be straight to the point. Anything else wastes the time of the reader. Keep all of this information whilst posting. If any part of your post fits these criteria, do not post it.

One Liners:
While posts should be straight to the point and not contain any irrelevant information, this does not mean that all posts should be short and posted in mass. 'One liners' usually refer to posts that are short, of low quality and/or posted very quickly. If the majority of your posts are similar to this:
Buy bitcoin. You will be rich one day.
Hoildy. I'm fine with being free.
I'm cool today
Some 20k satoshi

These posts are not acceptable here. If the majority of your posts look similar to these, your account is likely to be banned if you continue.

Post Bursting:
Post bursting refers to making a lot of posts in an extremely small amount of time (for example, several posts within the space of a minute).
Posts made in such a small amount of time are unlikely to have had much, if any, effort put into this. A direct result of this is that the posts are usually both low quality and one liners.

Copy Pasting:
Copy pasting refers to posts that have been directly copied from another source (for example, an external website or a previous post). This by itself isn't bad, unless they are randomly posted by you without context or without quoting a source (as this usually results into plagiarising.

Necro Posting:
Necro posting is when a post is made to a topic that has been inactive for a large period of time or when the question/subject has already been answered/resolved. While these posts are not against the rules themselves, the majority of these are of a low quality, which are not allowed. Necro posts will almost always be deleted.

Giveaway / Off-topic spam:
If your account is mainly used to claim giveaways (twitter or from the games and rounds section) or mainly posts in the off-topic section in generic threads, then that is a sign of a low quality poster or account farmer. You are very likely to get blacklisted from campaigns for this kind of behavior.

If your posts fit into any of the definitions stated above it is highly suggested that you stop and change your posting habits. Failing to do so will likely result in your account getting banned from either the signature campaign that you're in and/or from Bitcointalk.

Frequently Asked Questions

My account has been banned from a signature campaign. Can I be unbanned?
This depends on the severity of your offense, the campaign rules / manager and whether you improve afterwards.
Some campaigns offer review periods after a certain amount of time. You should use this time wisely to analyze what you did wrong and try to improve. Further infractions may cause you to get permanently banned from a campaign and even get banned from the forum.

I am still being paid for my posts by my Signature Campaign, does that mean they are alright?
Not necessarily.
The rules that your signature campaign can differ from the rules of the forum. If you are making low quality posts and are still being paid, it may be that the manager of your campaign does not know or care about this. This does not give you a pass to continue posting.
If your posts or account fit any of the criteria mentioned above it is highly suggested that you stop what you are doing and attempt to fix it. Failure to do this may result in forceful removal from your signature campaign and/or the forum through negative trust feedback and/or an account ban.

My account has been banned from the forum. Can I be unbanned?
This depends on the severity of your offense. Most offences are punished with a temporary ban which will be lifted automatically after a set amount of time. If you continue to break forum rules you will be permanently banned without a change of being unbanned again.

My account has been banned from the forum. Can I continue to post with another account?
No. You, as a person, are banned from this forum, not just that account. Attempting to get around a ban by using another account is ban evasion. If you are caught to be doing this, any accounts related to you will be permanently banned.

The only exception to this rule is to request information about or appeal your ban in the Meta subforum. You may create one topic where you must state your account name and any information you would like to request about your ban. This topic must stay about your ban and nothing else, otherwise it will be locked. You may not open another topic and you are no longer welcome at Bitcointalk. In addition, you are not allowed to post outside of this topic at any time, as that means you are ban evading.

How can I improve my posting quality?
In order to improve your post quality the following ideas should be applied to your posts.

You should only respond in boards provided you can speak their language fluently.
A lot of the time poor use of language can be seen as low quality posting. If you aren't fluent in English to a point where you can clearly say what you want to, please stick to the Local Board of your language and follow the other tips until you believe you are.

Read a lot more than you write.
This forum is for both sharing your opinions and listening to others. You should always read a significant amount more than you write on the forum as it helps you understand others, this forum and Bitcoin better. In addition, if you do cannot speak a specific language well enough to express yourself properly reading posts from those who can is a good way of gaining the knowledge to do so.

Use the Search function.
If you are asking a question about a specific subject related to Bitcoin, it is possible that it has already been asked. In order to prevent yourself from repeating what others have said, use the forums search page to see if it has already been asked. If so, it is possible that the information that you need has already been posted. This decreases clutter on the forum and proves the overall experience, as people don't like repeating things.

Post because you want to, not because you 'have' to.
Regardless of whether you are being paid for your posts or not, you should only post on the forum if you have found a topic that interests you or/and you would like to give your opinion. Getting bitcoin for posting should be seen as a bonus, not a job. If you are posting only to get paid, it is possible your posts are of low quality and could result in your earning capabilities being removed. Remember, a signature campaign is a privilege, not a right.

Avoid responding in generic threads with a huge number of replies.
Threads such as: "What would you do if you had X Bitcoin", "Can Bitcoin help poor countries", "Is Bitcoin 'real money' to you" and similar tend to have very little to no constructiveness in them in addition to a big number of replies. You are very likely to respond with something that has already been said in a similar fashion anyways. Threads like this are also very prone to being removed as they contain so much spam.

Useful Reading Material

Contributors

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamalaezaz
Copper Member

Activity: 1876
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 08:49:12 AM

Very Nice,
1+,
I agree,
Thanks.

Grin Grin Tongue Tongue

You can consider this a spam but I really mean it and sometime these also worth. aren't them?

Available For CM/SMM, Content Writing and Digital Marketing
TG: @jamalaezaz
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4425

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 06:26:12 PM

Some users may feel that we are picking on them, but we are only trying to help all of you. Please read this and take advantage of everything written as a learning tool

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 10:17:54 PM

It simply you got banned, because You did not follow their rules and policy accordingly.  Most often happen they banned it because of low quality post, spamming, and most of it is against their laws in the campaign.
You are the best example of typical spammer. It's obvious that you didn't read first post of topic and posted here only for your signature campaign.

Lauda (OP)
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 01:43:08 AM

It simply you got banned, because You did not follow their rules and policy accordingly.  Most often happen they banned it because of low quality post, spamming, and most of it is against their laws in the campaign.
You are the best example of typical spammer. It's obvious that you didn't read first post of topic and posted here only for your signature campaign.
Exactly. Post removed.

I might as well use this for another visibility bump. This thread should save campaign managers a lot of time answering generic questions.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lauda (OP)
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 11:38:34 AM

Visibility bump.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)