Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:32:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm doing a study on Bitcoin  (Read 3009 times)
onemanatatime

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Aluna.Social

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 11:28:02 PM

Does anyone know of any research into how much and what % of revenue businesses are receiving in Bitcoin?

One of the main barriers to worldwide adoption of Bitcoin is that many people don't see the tangible benefit. This study hopes to show the bottom-line benefit that businesses are getting.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I have now created the survey:

Does your company accept Bitcoin? If so, please complete the below survey and share it to ensure we get the most reliable data. It's currently taking 4:51mins on average to complete 8-)

https://valueofbitcoinstudy.typeform.com/to/rw6P82

If anyone has any suggestions for where best to share the survey that would be much appreciated.

From what I understand, companies providing merchant solutions for receiving bitcoin payments charge anything from 0% to 2% fees, in comparison with credit cards which could be 2.5-3+%.

By using these services, businesses are not subjected to any BTC-FIAT fluctuation, and most likely 0 bank fees.

I wrote my masters' thesis about Bitcoin adoption in the retail sector, so I also did some similar research into this topic. IMO, it makes no sense NOT to adopt the payment, but realize that many businesses (even small ones) are in general hesitant to change. Selling purely the "lower fees"  doesn't cut it, because there many other factors of concern, like ease-of-use, and some times business owners are stubborn and don't see the need for it. Sure, it doesn't fit some businesses especially B2B, but for B2C, I personally don't see why one shouldn't adopt BTC payments -- it's a win only situation. I think it takes education - in parallel with the ecosystem being built out and improved for ease-of-use and security - of the masses and retail business owners of the benefits other than just "low fees", to be able drive adoption among these people.

This time it's different.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:02:19 AM

If you are asking about what is the percentage of those who are accepting and using bitcoin out of the total revenue businesses online then you must also state some classification to avoid confusion. There are small, medium and large companies and so among them what is your preference. Statistical data pertaining bitcoin users is hard to come bye since there are no formal and big studies that focuses on gathering raw data on cryptocurrency due to its decentralized nature.

I wish you good luck on the study you will make, we also are curious as to how much of the populace are into bitcoin and how much income per country does bitcoin adds into the treasury. Cryptocurrency is not yet fully established thats why it needs people like you to place a light on the shadows of cryptocurrency by way of thorough study and research.
Indeed, getting hands on statistics about the cryptocurrency is something that is not going to be easy, and especially if you are looking to get numbers on how many users or business that accept bitcoin, since it’s decentralized we cannot determine the exact number of people who use the bitcoin and like said in the quote there are different categories for large to medium and small business, and a these can be seen for hundreds of people working in them or to one person, you could find users have bitcoin more than what large bossiness have, but none the less it is a good idea and I think if you want to do any kind of study on bitcoin a survey on this forum is the best thing to do.
naughty1

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:31:02 AM

The interesting use for Bitcoin is as a tradeable reserve currency. I suspect that this is where the future lies for Bitcoin. The UK has a £100 solid gold coin that is legal tender, but how many shops will accept it, or even know of its existence. In fact it's current asset value is getting on for £1,000, so it is unlikely to be used for normal retail transactions.
Bitcoin can be used for day-to-day retail transactions, however, the problem we face is the timing of transactions. Bitcoin needs a superior technology with faster processing times. And now, that can not be completed. However, the heads are looking to innovate bitcoin, so, let's wait.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:50:28 PM

Does anyone know of any research into how much and what % of revenue businesses are receiving in Bitcoin?

One of the main barriers to worldwide adoption of Bitcoin is that many people don't see the tangible benefit. This study hopes to show the bottom-line benefit that businesses are getting.

Does your company accept Bitcoin? If so, please complete the below survey and share it to ensure we get the most reliable data. It's currently taking 4:51mins on average to complete 8-)

If anyone has any suggestions for where best to share the survey that would be much appreciated.

I think there is no company that accepting bitcoin to be one of their option in doing a payment for the salary of taking as a payment for their product but if there is existing for sure it is from japan because of the last big news from japan and they are just starting to accept bitcoin so the companies will just do a research or study like you before they accept it.
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:55:16 PM

The interesting use for Bitcoin is as a tradeable reserve currency. I suspect that this is where the future lies for Bitcoin. The UK has a £100 solid gold coin that is legal tender, but how many shops will accept it, or even know of its existence. In fact it's current asset value is getting on for £1,000, so it is unlikely to be used for normal retail transactions.
Bitcoin can be used for day-to-day retail transactions, however, the problem we face is the timing of transactions. Bitcoin needs a superior technology with faster processing times. And now, that can not be completed. However, the heads are looking to innovate bitcoin, so, let's wait.
Bitcoin is growing, i agree on that, however, if you say that bitcoin can be used for daily transactions, i'm afraid that that can not happen, or it just happens after bitcoin Has been popular all over the world. And that takes a very long time, maybe it will be another 10 years. But I am concerned that bitcoin will not exist until then, other currencies will have more modern technology and be able to overcome bitcoin.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

Rajadurai

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:02:46 PM

The biggest truth . Peoples not earning bitcoins they simply transfer the coin one to another. The real money can earn with self work. but,here they earn with selling money .so,bitcoin won't affect the companies they still work with their country currency.
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:07:45 PM

The other problem in bitcoin for become payment method is block size of bitcoin,
it makes the fees transaction is increasing, bitcoin is bad ideas for payment daily transaction
especially for a little amount of transaction the fees will be expensive than payment for something,
till today the solution for it, still not be found by comunity.
paul gatt

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:08:37 PM

Bitcoin is growing, i agree on that, however, if you say that bitcoin can be used for daily transactions, i'm afraid that that can not happen, or it just happens after bitcoin Has been popular all over the world. And that takes a very long time, maybe it will be another 10 years. But I am concerned that bitcoin will not exist until then, other currencies will have more modern technology and be able to overcome bitcoin.

I think the topic you're talking about really does not relate to the topic that the OP wants to talk about here, he has a certain amount of knowledge for bitcoin, so I think he's really a Boys love bitcoin.
Dear OP, you should find out more about bitcoin on the forums, here is a place where for example, all the information is discussed and solved, try to read more in other forums.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:39:00 PM

It can't be deny that bitcoin now is really developed and progress. However even bitcoin is popular in some of the country there are still people doesn't yet what bitcoin is really all about. Athough, bitcoin can be use most of the time in our daily lives.
bitmajor (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:57:35 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 04:18:16 PM by bitmajor

Thank you for all your suggestions, this really is a great community.

BitPay recently tweeted the link to the survey https://twitter.com/BitPay/status/850417969482149888

If you could retweet and send to anyone you know that accepts Bitcoin that'd make a big difference. Hopefully, we'll find insights into the impact that Bitcoin is having. The results can then give tangible evidence to point to convince sceptical businesses to accept Bitcoin and contribute towards a tipping point of global Bitcoin adoption.

Or it'll just be interesting to see how Bitcoin's affecting day to day business. Either way please share to as many people as you know.

Also any other suggestions/comments/questions are much appreciated.
abstractednerve

Activity: 752

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:04:45 PM

It can't be deny that bitcoin now is really developed and progress. However even bitcoin is popular in some of the country there are still people doesn't yet what bitcoin is really all about. Athough, bitcoin can be use most of the time in our daily lives.

Bitcoin is gaining popularity slowly and steadily so even if people are not aware about it at a moment its not a big issue as things will change in coming years when bitcoin will gain attention from all the people around the globe.

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 05:36:15 PM

Bitcoin is gaining popularity slowly and steadily so even if people are not aware about it at a moment its not a big issue as things will change in coming years when bitcoin will gain attention from all the people around the globe.
you are right that bitcoin is gaining popularity gradually as from beginning upto now there is alot of increase in users of bitcoin and in future there will be a ggreat in bitcoin users. If someone is not aware then in any way  in future they will get aware of it.

pinkpanther03

Merit: 501

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:04:48 AM

Does your company accept Bitcoin? If so, please complete the below survey and share it to ensure we get the greatest reach possible. It's currently taking 4:51mins on average to complete 8-)

BitPay recently tweeted the link to the survey https://twitter.com/BitPay/status/850417969482149888 if you could retweet and send to anyone you know that accepts Bitcoin that'd make a big difference. Hopefully, we'll find insights into the impact that Bitcoin is having. The results can then give tangible evidence to point to convince sceptical businesses to accept Bitcoin and contribute towards a tipping point of global Bitcoin adoption.

Or it'll just be interesting to see how Bitcoin's affecting day to day business. Either way please share to as many people as you know.

In my observation regarding about your survey, I think you need more research about it, or be specific on the exact details information about the things that you wanna in revenue and the percentage. though bitcoin now is getting in progress so far Wink
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:47:01 AM

Does your company accept Bitcoin? If so, please complete the below survey and share it to ensure we get the greatest reach possible. It's currently taking 4:51mins on average to complete 8-)

BitPay recently tweeted the link to the survey https://twitter.com/BitPay/status/850417969482149888 if you could retweet and send to anyone you know that accepts Bitcoin that'd make a big difference. Hopefully, we'll find insights into the impact that Bitcoin is having. The results can then give tangible evidence to point to convince sceptical businesses to accept Bitcoin and contribute towards a tipping point of global Bitcoin adoption.

Could leave a note on the forum.bitcoin site and maybe coinforum if you haven't already did a quick skim didn't see them mentioned so may be worth a note.
Would suggest some sort of box or option in your survey for Bitcoin sellers and retailers think BTM operators like Bitnational.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:58:16 AM

I think bitcoin need more and more advertisement to be well know by all people and more people does not want to engage in digital currency even they already know what is the uses of it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
n0ne

Activity: 2590
Merit: 548

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 10:00:48 AM

I think bitcoin need more and more advertisement to be well know by all people and more people does not want to engage in digital currency even they already know what is the uses of it.

Making it reach more people or promoting it through commercial advertising will degrade it's value. When it gets spread through word of mouth it gives​additional trust for the person who for the first time hearing such a word.

Yuuto

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:03:03 AM

Making it reach more people or promoting it through commercial advertising will degrade it's value. When it gets spread through word of mouth it gives​additional trust for the person who for the first time hearing such a word.
Finally someone who got on the same point as me!
The best way to educate people about bitcoin is just to leave all like it is, and do it by yourself. Encourage your friends to cryptocurrencies by showing them many positive aspects of this technology, but never forget about warning them that there are many scammers in our world, which are only waiting to take your money away.

It is same like with forex, there are so many stupid advertisements all over the web, that people actually have started to hate it.
Its not a strange thing, because these ads literally are convincing you to put your money in there, no matter what.
JENREM

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:35:52 AM

One of the main barriers for worldwide adoption of Bitcoin is that many people don't see the tangible benefit. This study hopes to show the bottom-line benefit that businesses are getting.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

You can send emails on large crypto currency and bitcoin publications,they can point you in the right people who have done or can do that research,we'll appreciate if you can post your study here,it can help the community and also those companies who has second thought on adopting crypto currency.

precisely @robelneo! op can coordinate to some publication that has many members that might be qualified to the survey questionnaire. but atleast have something to pay the participants. you can try to coordinate like opini or mobrog. they will be a great platform to have more qualified participants.
pinkpanther03

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:52:26 PM

Well, I guess studying bitcoin for me was a good idea because you will see the advantages and  usages and features of it, by simply doing a research about it. So that's the first thing you need to do because once you did all of this things, it will surely you will encourage some of your friends to patronize the usage and features of bitcoin.
squatz1
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285

Flying Hellfish is a Commie

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 12:10:35 AM

The thing you should probably be doing with this survey, is attempting to approach being in person to be able to get some stores that aren't online stores (as the majority of the ones that you're going to get from here are going to be) and you'd be able to get all this information from the narrative of someone who actually runs a shop and probably has this as the last used payment method.

Crazy thing about Bitcoin as I can't really see it taking over a store environment based on the simple fact that it really couldn't be used to buy anything cheaper $15 or less without making it seem less worthwhile as It's going to cost .50 cents for the Trans fee.

But, good luck on the study as a whole!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀████████████████▄  ████                 █████   ▀████▄    ▄████▀  ▄██████████████   ████████████▀  ▄█████████████▀  ▄█████████████▄
              ▀████  ████               ▄███▀███▄   ▀████▄▄████▀               ████   ████                ████                   ▀████
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████  ████              ████   ████    ▀██████▀      ██████████████▄   ████████████▀       ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
   ██████████████▀   ████            ▄███▀     ▀███▄    ████        ████        ████  ████                ████       ██████████████▀
   ████              ████████████▀  ████   ██████████   ████        ████████████████  █████████████▀      ████       ████      ▀████▄
   ▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀

#1 CRYPTO CASINO & SPORTSBOOK
  WELCOME
BONUS
.INSTANT & FAST.
.TRANSACTION.....
.PROVABLY FAIR.
......& SECURE......
.24/7 CUSTOMER.
............SUPPORT.
BTC      |      ETH      |      LTC      |      XRP      |      XMR      |      BNB      |     more
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: