Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:33:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Political Typology Quiz  (Read 4148 times)
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:28:04 PM

Government does everything badly. It's a monopoly. Monopolies always give the worst service for the highest price.
wrong. The government is for the people by the people, and people have absolutely no interest in providing bad service.

In America, it's by the wealthy, for the wealthy. They just keep the sheep and cattle happy by making them think they're apart of their game.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:32:38 PM

Government does everything badly. It's a monopoly. Monopolies always give the worst service for the highest price.
wrong. The government is for the people by the people, and people have absolutely no interest in providing bad service.

In America, it's by the wealthy, for the wealthy. They just keep the sheep and cattle happy by making them think they're apart of their game.
Surprise: America is not the whole world.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
cypher-punk

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:32:57 PM

On the other hand: Even Dick Fuld, CEO of Lehmans bank provided an abysmal service to his customers, harming his own net value.
That whole "bad service" notion has got to be a fallacy.
hawkeye

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:56:58 PM

The whole "for the people by the people" is just propaganda.  I'm surprised you haven't figured that out yet.

But anyway, you are claiming that the government always gives us good service?  Supposedly because "we the people" don't want bad service?   I only need to point out one bad example to completely refute your argument.   Do you think I can't?
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:40:33 PM

The whole "for the people by the people" is just propaganda.  I'm surprised you haven't figured that out yet.

But anyway, you are claiming that the government always gives us good service?  Supposedly because "we the people" don't want bad service?   I only need to point out one bad example to completely refute your argument.   Do you think I can't?
of course sometimes shit happens.

how about:
"The average quality of services from the government is good."

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Merralea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 02:42:16 PM

A much more comprehensive test that has been around for ages

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

1. This isn't really any different than the rest of the diamond charts.
2. For some reason, the question-maker is under the impression that corporatism is a part of libertarianism.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 03:45:29 PM

You've never actually interacted with the government - any government - have you?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:10:51 PM

You've never actually interacted with the government - any government - have you?
yes i have, and it was simple and easy.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 04:19:04 PM

Just that once?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:28:44 PM

Just that once?
a few times.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 04:42:09 PM

Just that once?
a few times.
And what happens if you don't get good service? Who do you complain to, and what happens?

Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:50:04 PM

Surprise: America is not the whole world.

Surprise: Your world is not encompassed by America. Guess what happens when you're born American?  Is it:

A. You get a free stab at the country you want to live in

Or

B. You're fucked.

Please tell us, kokjo, about this universal government you're referring to that you appear to exist in.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:06:15 PM

Just that once?
a few times.
And what happens if you don't get good service? Who do you complain to, and what happens?
there are some laws about they need to give me a guide on how to complain, when they make a final decision.
but i have never been in a situation, where that was necessary. after that there are still the courts...

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:08:50 PM

Please tell us, kokjo, about this universal government you're referring to that you appear to exist in.
Denmark.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 05:13:35 PM

there are some laws about they need to give me a guide on how to complain, when they make a final decision.
but i have never been in a situation, where that was necessary. after that there are still the courts...

OK, so, let me get this straight. If a government employee gives you poor service, you complain... to the government. And if that doesn't get you satisfaction, you can take them to court? To the government court?

Ever heard the phrase "conflict of interest," chummer?

cypher-punk

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:19:42 PM

Can folks please refrain from anecdotal evidence fallacies, like you hear on F*CKSNOISE TV all the time?
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:20:29 PM

OK, so, let me get this straight. If a government employee gives you poor service, you complain... to the government. And if that doesn't get you satisfaction, you can take them to court? To the government court?

trias politica, go look it up.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 05:23:22 PM

Don't work too well, when the same guy signs all the checks.

cypher-punk

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:24:25 PM

Except for the guy himself.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:28:42 PM

Except for the guy himself.
are you implying that i sign all the checks?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: