Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:10:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gox Owes Me Coins.  (Read 2191 times)
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 07:25:04 AM

Everyone who's hitting these issues, what does your history look like? Is there any indication as to when your money vanishes?

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
losangeles

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:46:16 AM

Everyone who's hitting these issues, what does your history look like? Is there any indication as to when your money vanishes?

for me, there's a btc withdrawal on btc-e, blockchain shows the transaction at 35 confirmations, but no corresponding credit to the gox account.  it would have hit around the time mtgox was down (for the second time, about an hour after resuming trades). 

anyone have insight on this?  it was a relatively small amount but it does make me realize the level of trust we're placing in a company against whom we have no legal recourse.
HappyBitCoinUser

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:59:04 AM

for me, there's a btc withdrawal on btc-e, blockchain shows the transaction at 35 confirmations, but no corresponding credit to the gox account.  it would have hit around the time mtgox was down (for the second time, about an hour after resuming trades). 

anyone have insight on this?  it was a relatively small amount but it does make me realize the level of trust we're placing in a company against whom we have no legal recourse.

Seems you got the financial 'hair cut'.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:01:27 AM

Gox debit/credit both are extremely slow now.
losangeles

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:04:40 AM

Seems you got the financial 'hair cut'.

i've never been in a position to receive a financial haircut before. truly, i have arrived.  Cool
MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:08:12 AM

I placed a couple of orders while it was lagging last night, they appeared straight away in the web interface but when refreshing it tries to fetch your current orders again and it took forever, like they didn't exist.
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:13:41 AM

gox owes me imaginary profits of a 1000$ per bitcoin wtf
CliffordM

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:27:04 AM

New orders are immediately queued in a FIFO queue -- which is a very cheap operation.

They are then taken out of this queue, and matched in the orderbook.

When this queue is very long, there is a considerable delay between submitting your order and, that order getting matched, so it can appear that (for example) the market price is well bid at $150 , you submit a 'sell at $130$ order, and then you see the market trade at $100, your order not executed.

Gox need to indicate WHEN there is a fast-market , and ideally estimate and publish the lag.

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:37:13 AM

New orders are immediately queued in a FIFO queue -- which is a very cheap operation.

They are then taken out of this queue, and matched in the orderbook.

When this queue is very long, there is a considerable delay between submitting your order and, that order getting matched, so it can appear that (for example) the market price is well bid at $150 , you submit a 'sell at $130$ order, and then you see the market trade at $100, your order not executed.

Gox need to indicate WHEN there is a fast-market , and ideally estimate and publish the lag.

https://data.mtgox.com/api/1/generic/order/lag
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: