Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:53:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FACTS] If I have to hear the word "ICO" one more time..  (Read 2141 times)
memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:07:16 AM

not all ico selling, ico coin is bad
you can see in monero, monero ico price only 40k satoshi
this now monero price is very big and good price, big community and good coin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:11:57 AM

Hmm,

you might want to get a pair of these ,

Leightning L3 Noise Blocking Earmuffs

To block out that nasty 3 letter word *** , they keep saying.

Cool
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:52:51 AM

You guys should check out all the cool new icos running and invest a bit in every one because we all know a lot of them will do quite well. Don't be afraid of the ico, embrace the ico.

a lot of them?
if anything only a couple of them will be successful and I say successful but in fact that is a wrong usage of this word because they will give profit from the pump the have and then die, nothing more.
and since it is a one time thing among lots of ICOs I'd say investing in an ICO is still not a good option because of the risks. we are better off investing in altcoins when they are released and stop allowing scammers to make money this way.

Plus they are totally centralized which is a bad thing.
I have provided a few different reasons why..
Such as the incredible value of possessing vast amounts of coins for short periods.
I Could go on in that direction but there is other angles too.
Such as ?
Idealism.
They are us moving backwards which defeats the purpose of all this.
We have ideals etc for a reason.
We started this stuff with a dream ..a vision of freedom & decentralization.
NOT centralized greed.
ICO's stomp & piss all over the core of our beliefs.

If you all want reasons why they are bad i got them till the cows come home Wink

If you all want No Laws.. decentralization and a Free Market etc then you need to stupid supporting ICO's which pervert our ideology.
Those philosophies many of us have are grossly violated by ICO's which is why we do not support them.. ANY of them.

The fact that they are a massive risk of losing money is actually pretty far down the list of my concerns.

I AM about moving forward.. every word i post here is about that concept.
And i challenge anyone to say ICO's are an upgrade over Bitcoin or POW / POS coins etc.

ICO's came about because ASICS rolled out for SCRYPT.
Users flocked to eBay ASAP to dump their GPU's.. then came the ICO's.
They all wanted to loiter around here making ROI's but did not want to invest in hardware to secure the block chains to do it.. a sign of support !
Nope..
Users wanted a faster and easier streamlined way of pumping out even more coins to pump & dump.
Did you all forget there was mass coin cloning after 2013's big popularity boom ?
It got scammy.. then ICO's were started to make the scammy bullshit easier.

ICO's are a scam.

They are an atrocity and vulgar display of greed.

If you don't have the money to launch a coin then don't do it.
Leave it to someone who has the means.
Don't create problems to sell the solution guys.

You all that support ICO's do so out of greed.. not ideology.
Yeah.. that is a bad thing LOL

@Kiklo
You all better buy those.. to block out all that ICO-FUD here at ICOtalk.org Wink
See above for reference (there is more where that came from)  Cool

FUD first & ask questions later™
igigme77

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:26:40 AM

Spoetnik

Be truthful.

All the icos are your are they not? 

Roll Eyes

Let's flower the moon. SPgwHfAkcrRb5uA6MSbujpaEYtwdxzanxk
Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 04:26:38 AM

not all ico selling, ico coin is bad
you can see in monero, monero ico price only 40k satoshi
this now monero price is very big and good price, big community and good coin

Monero's ICO is one of the worst in History !  Angry

olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 05:26:02 AM

It is true that most ICOs have come and gone and even majority have turned into scam after the developers have seen it as a "get rich quick" method. You see ICOs with the highest hype but alas its a showbiz that will last a while. But at the same time, not all of them have turned that way as we seen some that have seen that as a way to build funds for necessary expansion and have gone to live to a certain level of acceptance. In my own way, the problem is not the ICOs but the unscrupulous individuals who used it as a means to defraud people.
igigme77

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 02:40:20 AM

It is true that most ICOs have come and gone and even majority have turned into scam after the developers have seen it as a "get rich quick" method. You see ICOs with the highest hype but alas its a showbiz that will last a while. But at the same time, not all of them have turned that way as we seen some that have seen that as a way to build funds for necessary expansion and have gone to live to a certain level of acceptance. In my own way, the problem is not the ICOs but the unscrupulous individuals who used it as a means to defraud people.
I think it's true but there are still good ico's that need funding what is hard is picking the real ones from the fake because if the fake ones can like very real and professional.

Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:45:07 AM

I think it's true but there are still good ico's that need funding what is hard is picking the real ones from the fake because if the fake ones can like very real and professional.

Does how they work interest you or just the profit results from them ?

That comment you posted has been flooding this place for years now.
All we see is noob's show up and post that exact comment you just posted now.

All we here is idealism and crypto rabble chanting catch phrases..
Then what we REALLY see is actions that violate the shit rolling out of peoples mouths here.
All that no laws, free market, decentralization etc rabble you all spew is shit on by ICO's ..ALL OF THEM.
But you all don't care because you NEED to make ROI's at Poloniex.
Same old same old since Ripple came out..
You all talk a ton of bullshit then act like greedy dirt bags.

The proof is.. rather simple.
You ONLY talk about profits.. not HOW the coins work.

All we see is commentary that is rooted in 1 concept here..

ICO SCAM = ICO that did NOT get me profit.
LEGIT ICO = ICO that made me lots of profit.

Seriously look at the crap you all post here non stop.. that is all it ever amounts to 99% of the time.
And guess what ? The whole entire planet sees what i see.
The little facade is not working.

Crypto is dying and shrinking.
The only new people who come to crypto are the scammy pieces of shit out there like MLM guys or Ransomware makers or greedy immoral brats looking for ROI's.
And dev's pandering to it all are no less guilty... or the services like Exchanges that are willing to support them for a cut of the profits.
How many of you out there think any ICO would get any interest if it was not for the exchanges putting them on for trading ?
How do i know ? Because you all declare a coin dead when it gets delisted.  Cheesy

Hey, have at 'er ..go hard guys.
I will laugh at you every step of the way and scream, I Told You So in your face obnoxiously non stop though.
..get smart or don't, i don't give a fuck.

igigme77

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:28:43 PM

Does how they work interest you or just the profit results from them ?

That comment you posted has been flooding this place for years now.
All we see is noob's show up and post that exact comment you just posted now.

All we here is idealism and crypto rabble chanting catch phrases..
Then what we REALLY see is actions that violate the shit rolling out of peoples mouths here.
All that no laws, free market, decentralization etc rabble you all spew is shit on by ICO's ..ALL OF THEM.
But you all don't care because you NEED to make ROI's at Poloniex.
Same old same old since Ripple came out..
You all talk a ton of bullshit then act like greedy dirt bags.

The proof is.. rather simple.
You ONLY talk about profits.. not HOW the coins work.

All we see is commentary that is rooted in 1 concept here..

Seriously look at the crap you all post here non stop.. that is all it ever amounts to 99% of the time.
And guess what ? The whole entire planet sees what i see.
The little facade is not working.

Crypto is dying and shrinking.
The only new people who come to crypto are the scammy pieces of shit out there like MLM guys or Ransomware makers or greedy immoral brats looking for ROI's.
And dev's pandering to it all are no less guilty... or the services like Exchanges that are willing to support them for a cut of the profits.
How many of you out there think any ICO would get any interest if it was not for the exchanges putting them on for trading ?
How do i know ? Because you all declare a coin dead when it gets delisted.  Cheesy

Hey, have at 'er ..go hard guys.
I will laugh at you every step of the way and scream, I Told You So in your face obnoxiously non stop though.
..get smart or don't, i don't give a fuck.

What's funny is that that is true. At the same time its very sad but innovation sometimes costs money and people, companies have been raising money as long as money has been around. Now with the invention of bitcoin we can all invest and have a chance to strike it rich investing in the next facebook or youtube.

dontryjustdoit

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:54:46 AM

As long as people keep investing they will keep coming.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:26:10 AM

Well when people start getting worried about getting put in jail we should finally see some major improvements in this crypto stuff.

If we can abuse something we do.. it's what human history teaches us.
Give us a planet and we will piss & shit all over it until it's dead.
If we can get to Mars ? We will fucking trash that too !

I started this stuff against regulations but i realized after a while it was needed.
Just imagine waking up tomorrow and hearing the Police force / Govt / Ambulance / Fire Dept were closed forever.
Imagine no law enforcement ever again.. just pure anarchy.
How well would the Financial world being doing ?
I think it would collapse instantly.

I am surprised this scammy crypto bullshit has limped along as long as it has.
You can see we collectively will keep lowering the bar until we are stopped by force.
Common sense tells us the cops are comin'  Undecided

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:36:29 PM

Well when people start getting worried about getting put in jail we should finally see some major improvements in this crypto stuff.

If we can abuse something we do.. it's what human history teaches us.
Give us a planet and we will piss & shit all over it until it's dead.
If we can get to Mars ? We will fucking trash that too !

I started this stuff against regulations but i realized after a while it was needed.
Just imagine waking up tomorrow and hearing the Police force / Govt / Ambulance / Fire Dept were closed forever.
Imagine no law enforcement ever again.. just pure anarchy.
How well would the Financial world being doing ?
I think it would collapse instantly.

I am surprised this scammy crypto bullshit has limped along as long as it has.
You can see we collectively will keep lowering the bar until we are stopped by force.
Common sense tells us the cops are comin'  Undecided

Good post Spoetnik! You are bang on. 

Mankind can't be trusted to do anything, follow any rules, or live peacefully amongst ourselves without a hammer poised over our heads. It's been that way since the beginning of time when chiefs, kings, and dictators held the hammers.
Not much has changed in the thousands of years of our existance. We live under the illusion of freedom but we are not free, cannot be free, and may never be free.

I doubt a higher intelligence will allow us to spread. I'm sure they will view us a plague.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: