Bitcoin Forum
September 08, 2024, 04:23:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with multisig wallet-- want to transfer BTC to my standard electrum  (Read 1216 times)
bitcoin_buddy (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:18:14 AM

===========================
Let's reference to the below variables/wallets for ease of discussion
Wallet A= default_wallet
Wallet B= cosigner wallet 1
Wallet C= cosigner wallet 2
Wallet D= destination standard wallet
===========================

I've spent quite a bit of time, around 10-14 hours, trying to figure out how to send funds out of my multisignature electrum wallet [default_wallet or Wallet A] ~which I created on accident, and meant to create a standard wallet~.  Initially, I created a 2FA wallet on Tails.... and realized that a 2FA wallet was not supported on a mobile device.  Therefore, I proceeded to create a multisignature wallet, [default_wallet], with the intention of being able to sync to my mobile device...  [default_wallet] currently contains all my bitcoins and would like to send the BTC to a standard wallet I've created: Wallet D

I've spent hours on this forum and online, looking for a solution, and came across quite a bit of discussions, which I thought would fix my issue.  A good example was found here on here, which I tried and failed and looks like one of electrums tom developers, ThomasV, provided an interim solution: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1380049.0 I've spent hours trying to create/restore wallets from existing seed of the [default_wallet], along with trying to restore wallets using the xpub value from my [default_wallet] and every other xpub and xprv combination you can imagine.... with the goal of trying to create "cosigning wallets" [Wallet B and Wallet C] on the same machine (both on my macbook and on tails), so I can sign the transaction on the [default_wallet] and cosign on the other wallets: Wallet B and Wallet C and eventually send funds to Wallet D, with no luck  Huh Huh Huh

For my funded bitcoin wallet that I can't send from, Wallet A or default_wallet... I have my seed, my public and private key.  No issues trying to restore the wallet, which I have done many times, as a part of my troubleshooting efforts.  I'm guessing Im just missing the cosigning wallet concept, which I have created several attempts, and tried to use almost every suggestion under the sun, on both tails and my macbook.

Below is the exact information that I have for Wallet A, if that clarifies any type of confusion.  I think I created a 2of3 multisig wallet...
Wallet Name: default_wallet

seed: word word word word word word word word word word word word word

master public key: xpub661MyMwAqRbcFRFnCwAEd5n8N2AusiRi2CbDLpGjurT6WUBXjszsDzRm69RMKUhYFPzuf89u1RN pq7SmceRTSvgvHJpW9Bkhz5MTvPH7eE4
cosigner 1: xpub66xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cosigner 2: xpub66yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

private: xprvxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In an attempt to try to send funds from Wallet A, I can get the transaction to send to the cosign pool, but when I save that transaction and try to load into any of the wallets, that I think would be the correct cosigners, I don't see any option to 'broadcast' or complete the transaction.
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/781/duHiQa.png

I apologize in advance if this problem has been covered in this forum, but I have spent a good 8 hours today, just researching forums and threads.  So here is my shameful post in a forum for help...  Thank you all in advance!  Anyone who is willing to hold my hand and help me... Ill tip you in BTC! lol
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1530

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 01:18:00 PM

Where did you get the xpubs for wallets B and C from? There is each a correspong xprv needed to (co-)sign. You need at least one of them to move your funds.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
bitcoin_buddy (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 06:07:45 PM

Where did you get the xpubs for wallets B and C from? There is each a correspong xprv needed to (co-)sign. You need at least one of them to move your funds.

Your saying that I need at least one of the xprv values from either wallet B or C to co-sign?  
When I created Wallet B, electrum creates a xpub value in the top dialog box and I am supposed to enter the xpub key of cosigner #1, which I would imagine would be Wallet A, which is my default_wallet (with the funds).

If you can hang tight really quick, Im going to enter all details of the Multisig wallets I created: default_wallet with my bitcoins, and 2 additional multisig wallets with their respective xpub values and xprv values(hidden for security), to help clarify.
bitcoin_buddy (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 06:58:01 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2017, 09:02:59 PM by bitcoin_buddy

Just want to map out the multisig wallets and their attributes and be as verbose as possible, so I can try to avoid confusion on this thread.  Once I can get past the signature validation, I feel like I can finalize the transaction and the BTC will transfer into the destination wallet: Wallet D

name of wallet
seeds for all wallets [blanked out]
xprv values for all wallets [blanked out]
Master public key information
-xpub values and if their cosign values and/or self values

===========================================================================================
Wallet Name: default_wallet (Wallet A)

master public key:
(self):xpub661MyMwAqRbcFRFnCwAEd5n8N2AusiRi2CbDLpGjurT6WUBXjszsDzRm69RMKUhYFPzuf89u1RN pq7SmceRTSvgvHJpW9Bkhz5MTvPH7eE4

(cosigner)1:xpub661MyMwAqRbcF5sxnpi6vHnTnmYi31YrVWdXF3WH8jaTcUb41hhGMmTc8jmTzTXTSawe99D6fLx cwget3J9D9fSXTb7LbSqvtUdPjJrHWzr

(cosigner)2:xpub661MyMwAqRbcF1Ns3Z6ceAaf48ZbxMay1YFQ6cAGY5GRHSC9yvUSkrmdnrdU5KtzdD1eRGUFfuz 8hVSW3RcA5rYqKXQZRZZbqjX3UbMAYq7

private: xprvxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

===========================================================================================

Wallet Name: Wallet B

master public keys
(self):xpub661MyMwAqRbcFW8o78kTmKwjM7HYR5Sx7uJmGPpQ6pLRR5WisLx3EMdinAHvwja314DSvzXVkDr LUvPztpidoRh5nkiEobA3PgYw2fncXpf
(cosigner):xpub661MyMwAqRbcFRFnCwAEd5n8N2AusiRi2CbDLpGjurT6WUBXjszsDzRm69RMKUhYFPzuf89u1RN pq7SmceRTSvgvHJpW9Bkhz5MTvPH7eE4

private: xprvxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wallet Name: Wallet C

master public key:
(self): xpub661MyMwAqRbcFHBsXrBp2x4x6BR6Hfk9pi26zp2j7YHyTbuqPASUo5S6D7rinu1151iJfWviNbC 812SAoex8CQH7mGnJXFuxxQGY7syuzyB
(self): xpub661MyMwAqRbcFW8o78kTmKwjM7HYR5Sx7uJmGPpQ6pLRR5WisLx3EMdinAHvwja314DSvzXVkDr LUvPztpidoRh5nkiEobA3PgYw2fncXpf

*Note: xprv value taken from "Wallet B" and entered as master key during wallet restoration of Wallet C
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1571

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:37:50 PM

I thought you said wallet A and default_wallet were one and the same? Please correct post #4 in this thread.

What does it say in the window title when you open default_wallet ? For example in a multisig wallet I created it says 2 of 3 multisig.

Also FYI you don't have to use the cosigning pool feature. You can save the unsigned or partially signed transaction as a file on your hard drive and then open it up in the cosigning wallet to sign it. The option to save is there on the sending tab. To open a tx file in a cosigning wallet use tools > load transaction > from file.

But looking at default_wallet I see that it has 2 cosigners neither of which are present in the other wallets. I'm referring to the below to MPKs

(cosigner)1:xpub661MyMwAqRbcF5sxnpi6vHnTnmYi31YrVWdXF3WH8jaTcUb41hhGMmTc8jmTzTXTSawe99D6fLx cwget3J9D9fSXTb7LbSqvtUdPjJrHWzr

(cosigner)2:xpub661MyMwAqRbcF1Ns3Z6ceAaf48ZbxMay1YFQ6cAGY5GRHSC9yvUSkrmdnrdU5KtzdD1eRGUFfuz 8hVSW3RcA5rYqKXQZRZZbqjX3UbMAYq7

You need access to the wallets with the master private keys corresponding to the above master public keys.
bitcoin_buddy (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:17:25 PM

I thought you said wallet A and default_wallet were one and the same? Please correct post #4 in this thread.

I updated the wallet information, sorry about the confusion.  It now says Walle A (default wallet), Wallet B and Wallet C

What does it say in the window title when you open default_wallet ? For example in a multisig wallet I created it says 2 of 3 multisig.

The window title when I open default_wallet says [2of3]

But looking at default_wallet I see that it has 2 cosigners neither of which are present in the other wallets. I'm referring to the below to MPKs

You need access to the wallets with the master private keys corresponding to the above master public keys.

I think this is where my disconnect lies...you mentioned that the default_wallet (Wallet A) has 2 cosigners and neither of which are present in the other wallets (Wallet B and Wallet C).  If you are saying that I need to access to the wallets with the master private keys that correspond to....

I am probably going to need to figure out how to do that.  I don't recall creating wallets with those master public keys... I thought they were auto generated when I first created my default_wallet (Wallet A).
bitcoin_buddy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:08:37 AM

If anyone can provide suggestions on top of what Abdussamad has given below, that will be greatly appreciated.  I feel like have painted myself into a corner with no way out. I still have a disconnect with how to access the master private keys that correspond to the xpub values that I had provided under the default_wallet (Wallet A). Meaning, I have a multisig account with not way of transfering/sending the funds.   

I think this is where my disconnect lies...you mentioned that the default_wallet (Wallet A) has 2 cosigners and neither of which are present in the other wallets (Wallet B and Wallet C).  If you are saying that I need to access to the wallets with the master private keys that correspond to....

I am probably going to need to figure out how to do that.  I don't recall creating wallets with those master public keys... I thought they were auto generated when I first created my default_wallet (Wallet A).

kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:20:48 AM

So you tried doing the following?

Create a new file, select 'restore multisig', '2 of 2'

Enter the Electrum seed + xprv key from Wallet A into the boxes?

What was the results of doing this? It seems like this would be enough to create a wallet that can spend the funds.
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:34:36 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2017, 03:47:46 AM by ranochigo

What was the results of doing this? It seems like this would be enough to create a wallet that can spend the funds.
It will not work. If you were to create a 2-of-2 multisig wallet, the address generated will be different from that of 2-of-3 wallet even if 2 of the xpubs are the same.

The xprv=seed btw.

OP, you cannot access the funds unless you have the xpriv of at least self and one of the cosigner. Electrum will not create the xpub for you. You must have keyed them in somehow.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitcoin_buddy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:44:30 AM

That was one of the first attempts in trying to recover my wallets so I can spend the funds. I try to create a new file, choose the "restore multisig", '2 of 2' option... And when I tried to enter the electrum seed +xprv key from Wallet A, this is what I get
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/5500/TdOkem.png

bitcoin_buddy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:59:38 AM

It will not work. If you were to create a 2-of-2 multisig wallet, the address generated will be different from that of 2-of-3 wallet even if 2 of the xpubs are the same.

The xprv=seed btw.

OP, you cannot access the funds unless you have the xpriv of at least self and one of the cosigner. Electrum will not create the xpub for you. You must have keyed them in somehow.

So what you are saying it, the xpub values below, for cosigner 1 and cosigner 2 were created by me (and me not realizing it), and not I don't have the xprv keys for the xpubs mentioned below?  I think Im in a pretty bad position right now....

Wallet A Details
master public key: xpub661MyMwAqRbcFRFnCwAEd5n8N2AusiRi2CbDLpGjurT6WUBXjszsDzRm69RMKUhYFPzuf89u1RN pq7SmceRTSvgvHJpW9Bkhz5MTvPH7eE4
cosigner 1: xpub661MyMwAqRbcF5sxnpi6vHnTnmYi31YrVWdXF3WH8jaTcUb41hhGMmTc8jmTzTXTSawe99D6fLx cwget3J9D9fSXTb7LbSqvtUdPjJrHWzr
cosigner 2: xpub661MyMwAqRbcF1Ns3Z6ceAaf48ZbxMay1YFQ6cAGY5GRHSC9yvUSkrmdnrdU5KtzdD1eRGUFfuz 8hVSW3RcA5rYqKXQZRZZbqjX3UbMAYq7
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:02:53 AM

The xprv=seed btw.

So what you are saying it, the xpub values below, for cosigner 1 and cosigner 2 were created by me (and me not realizing it), and not I don't have the xprv keys for the xpubs mentioned below?  I think Im in a pretty bad position right now....

Wallet A Details
cosigner 1: xpub661MyMwAqRbcF5sxnpi6vHnTnmYi31YrVWdXF3WH8jaTcUb41hhGMmTc8jmTzTXTSawe99D6fLx cwget3J9D9fSXTb7LbSqvtUdPjJrHWzr
cosigner 2: xpub661MyMwAqRbcF1Ns3Z6ceAaf48ZbxMay1YFQ6cAGY5GRHSC9yvUSkrmdnrdU5KtzdD1eRGUFfuz 8hVSW3RcA5rYqKXQZRZZbqjX3UbMAYq7

Yes. Do you remember if the first cosigner was generated using the seed and the second and third was keyed in using either the xpriv, xpub or a seed?

If you don't have access to the corresponding xpub, you can't do anything I'm afraid.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitcoin_buddy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:06:00 AM

Yes. Do you remember if the first cosigner was generated using the seed and the second and third was keyed in using either the xpriv, xpub or a seed?

If you don't have access to the corresponding xpub, you can't do anything I'm afraid.

This is what I can't recall.... I remember installing the electrum mobile app on my phone and setting up multisig. And I compared/contrast the electrum wallet on my mobile and my desktop client to see if they had the same recieving address.  Did a couple of test deposits and saw that both devices synced up!  I know I recorded every bit of detail along the way, such as the seed, the master public key.

But the question is.... how did I get the xpub cosigner 1 and cosigner 2 values?  I must have created new multisig wallets, and not realizing it Sad  Now Im beginning to think I've pretty much dead ended with no hope on ever recovering my funds from my wallet.  I usually document all details along the way and record any type of unique values into a text editor and save.  But now I just feel like I've in a dead end and hopefully an electrum developer could show me some mercy and try to help me retrieve those funds...

During all the testing and troubleshooting this weekend, I uninstalled the electrum app on my phone, with the intentions of being able to recover all my wallets because I have my seeds.  What's puzzling to me, I can't recover my default_wallet (Wallet A) on my electrum mobile app... does not show any funds...   just a thought..
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:27:44 AM

bitcoin_buddy I suggest you take a look at your default_wallet aka wallet A file using a text editor like notepad. See how may xprvs are listed in there. If there are two or more then you don't need any other wallet. An example is given here:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23745557/

Do let us know how many xprvs you find. Don't post the xprvs since they are supposed to stay secret. Just let us know how many you find in your wallet.

The location of your wallet is given below:

http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html#where-is-my-wallet-file-located

Also post which version of electrum you are using.
bitcoin_buddy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:24:40 PM

bitcoin_buddy I suggest you take a look at your default_wallet aka wallet A file using a text editor like notepad. See how may xprvs are listed in there. If there are two or more then you don't need any other wallet. An example is given here:

Do let us know how many xprvs you find. Don't post the xprvs since they are supposed to stay secret. Just let us know how many you find in your wallet.

This is what I see when I open default_wallet (Wallet A) in a text editor.  Based on what you mentioned above, sounds like the situation is getting worse Sad  I see 2 other xprv's and they have null values

"x1/": {
        "seed": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",         
        "type": "bip32",
        "xprv": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx=",
        "xpub": "xpub661MyMwAqRbcFRFnCwAEd5n8N2AusiRi2CbDLpGjurT6WUBXjszsDzRm69RMKUhYFPzuf89u1RN pq7SmceRTSvgvHJpW9Bkhz5MTvPH7eE4"
    },
    "x2/": {
        "xprv": null,
        "xpub": "xpub661MyMwAqRbcF5sxnpi6vHnTnmYi31YrVWdXF3WH8jaTcUb41hhGMmTc8jmTzTXTSawe99D6fLx cwget3J9D9fSXTb7LbSqvtUdPjJrHWzr"
    },
    "x3/": {
        "xpub": "xpub661MyMwAqRbcF1Ns3Z6ceAaf48ZbxMay1YFQ6cAGY5GRHSC9yvUSkrmdnrdU5KtzdD1eRGUFfuz 8hVSW3RcA5rYqKXQZRZZbqjX3UbMAYq7"
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:38:20 PM

This is what I see when I open default_wallet (Wallet A) in a text editor.  Based on what you mentioned above, sounds like the situation is getting worse Sad  I see 2 other xprv's and they have null values

"x1/": {
        "seed": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",         
        "xprv": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx=",
        "xpub": "xpub661MyMwAqRbcFRFnCwAEd5n8N2AusiRi2CbDLpGjurT6WUBXjszsDzRm69RMKUhYFPzuf89u1RN pq7SmceRTSvgvHJpW9Bkhz5MTvPH7eE4"
    },
    "x2/": {
        "xpub": "xpub661MyMwAqRbcF5sxnpi6vHnTnmYi31YrVWdXF3WH8jaTcUb41hhGMmTc8jmTzTXTSawe99D6fLx cwget3J9D9fSXTb7LbSqvtUdPjJrHWzr"
    },
    "x3/": {
        "xpub": "xpub661MyMwAqRbcF1Ns3Z6ceAaf48ZbxMay1YFQ6cAGY5GRHSC9yvUSkrmdnrdU5KtzdD1eRGUFfuz 8hVSW3RcA5rYqKXQZRZZbqjX3UbMAYq7"

Yeah, it looks like the wallet file isn't storing the private key for either of the cosigners (x2 or x3). You need at least 2 private keys out of the possible 3 in order to spend the funds.

If you installed electrum on your phone during the multisig process, perhaps the cosigner private keys were stored on that device? In order to create the multisig wallet, you would have had to paste the public key for the other private keys for the cosigners that were generated in another instance of Electrum. Did you generate this on your mobile device? Wallets B and C don't look to contain the cosigner addresses for wallet A.
bitcoin_buddy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:06:13 PM

Yeah, it looks like the wallet file isn't storing the private key for either of the cosigners (x2 or x3). You need at least 2 private keys out of the possible 3 in order to spend the funds.

If you installed electrum on your phone during the multisig process, perhaps the cosigner private keys were stored on that device? In order to create the multisig wallet, you would have had to paste the public key for the other private keys for the cosigners that were generated in another instance of Electrum. Did you generate this on your mobile device? Wallets B and C don't look to contain the cosigner addresses for wallet A.

Initially, Im pretty sure I created the default_wallet (Wallet A) on my phone, and went to a bitcoin ATM to do a small test deposit-- with success.  And verified on my electrum wallet on my desktop, that the deposit transaction was successful.   In terms of logic, I probably created additional multisig wallets on my desktop, as opposed to my phone... with the intention of being able to QR scan a public key on my desktop.  But honestly, I can't remember, just because I have attempted to create/restore so many wallets in the past few days just to recover these funds.

To make matters worse, when I figured out that I couldn't send the funds, I uninstalled the electrum app from my phone, and reinstalled electrum and dont' see the default_wallet (wallet A) with the funds on my phone. 

I feel like I've dead ended Sad
bitcoin_buddy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:15:30 PM

Sorry, forgot to add the version of Electrum, see below...
desktop version: Electrum 2.7.15
electrum mobile app: 2.7.12
Abdussamad
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:58:29 PM

I'm sorry but without access to a wallet containing at least one of the missing cosigning xprvs there is nothing that can be done to recover your bitcoins.
bitcoin_buddy (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:38:26 PM

I'm sorry but without access to a wallet containing at least one of the missing cosigning xprvs there is nothing that can be done to recover your bitcoins.

There is not way to recover the private key, from the xpub values?  Not even some type of code or some service that is available?  Perhaps even a developer from electrum?  Its not my life savings, but its also not pocket change in my electrum wallet. I'd hate to say that my coins are lost forever.  I would even pay someone if they could recover at least one of the xprv values of one of the cosigners.

I thought all was well, when making test deposits... until the day I tried to spend from that wallet and have been gritting my teeth since.  Any help will be much appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: