Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:43:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Car owners and car enthusiasts  (Read 247 times)
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 04:52:40 PM

Hi everyone, to Car Owners and Car enthusiasts. (Engineers also)

I came across a thought when I was filling up my gas. Gas-ing up your car is just a simple idea, and I'm just curious, I want to be more efficient you know? What is better? To fill up your gas tank to full or filling up your gas partially (divided in increments that would add up also to the amount of the full tank) Different successions or you've used up your first fill up with your gas or something. Both would be equal amounts and same price, just that the other one is divided into different times and segments when it was filled.

Which is more efficient? Have you had a good experience with the first or second way? Share your thoughts.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alphablitzer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:10:57 PM

When I gas up my car, I do it by increments just because I don't have a lot of cash on me and oil prices now are high. So I take the opportunity of the lower gas prices to have more liters in my gas tank. So if the price is high, I prefer increments but if it's low, take advantage of the price and fill it up to the brim. Lol. Neither are different in efficiency, I think.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:15:34 PM

Less fuel onboard is more efficient because it is less weight..

You can see this method used for race qualifying and can also see laptimes pick up as fuel is used up in some classes where weight is critical..

But in just a daily driver car, filling it up every time and running it almost out may be the most efficient not having to go out of your way to gas stations so often.. With the high relative weight of an average car it is also likely negligible..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 07:30:40 PM

Less fuel onboard is more efficient because it is less weight..

You can see this method used for race qualifying and can also see laptimes pick up as fuel is used up in some classes where weight is critical..

But in just a daily driver car, filling it up every time and running it almost out may be the most efficient not having to go out of your way to gas stations so often.. With the high relative weight of an average car it is also likely negligible..
Well now that I've thought about it, you're right. I remember a trivia where a bridge has a limit of 1 ton and its distance is around let us say a 100 km and your truck weighs 1 ton. And when you're halfway across the bridge, 50km, a bird suddenly sits on the roof, adding more weight to the vehicle. Will the bridge collapse??

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 07:33:23 PM

When I gas up my car, I do it by increments just because I don't have a lot of cash on me and oil prices now are high. So I take the opportunity of the lower gas prices to have more liters in my gas tank. So if the price is high, I prefer increments but if it's low, take advantage of the price and fill it up to the brim. Lol. Neither are different in efficiency, I think.

That's a good way to gas up your car. It's also acceptable even if you don't fill it up full. I sometimes think about that too; the prices vary so it's good to have a factor also on it. You could improvise, they say that filling up at night can have more fuel? Because the temperature is colder and it's probably more heavy or something. It's a myth I guess.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██