Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:07:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Interest Check] Blockchain at Berkeley Coin  (Read 6073 times)
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 10:53:40 PM

Looking great. The wax seal would be cooler in my opinion but how easy would that be to ship and keep intact
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 6000

Meh.

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 11:09:39 PM

Did you have that updated list? Smiley

Eodguy149 (OP)

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 12:27:50 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2017, 12:41:20 AM by Eodguy149

Did you have that updated list? Smiley

The organization is keeping #1 and #10 for display and historical purposes and will be displaying a coin on campus in the glass case in Soda Hall. Please let me know if you see any issues with this list. I think that it is current with the order that people reserved them and shifted correctly for the ones that the club is reserving. Please post or PM me and the individual on a particular number if you want a specific number other than the one you are currently on and I will try to accommodate everyone.

The first 20 coins (#1-20 excluding club reserved coins) will come with a certificate of authenticity signed by the head of the SCET (http://scet.berkeley.edu/ikhlaq-sidhu/) that will be on a scroll or old looking paper with a UC Berkeley wax seal, a COA from the NWT mint, and a picture signed by all the founding members of the organization. #21-30 will just come with the COA from the mint. All coins will be sent in a plastic protective case as seen in the above pictures taken on campus. Shipping is free for anyone in the US and will be negotiated depending on location for international.

Pricing:
#1-20: 0.2BTC
#21-30: 0.12BTC

I will not be collecting any payments until I have the COA complete as well as the holos in hand and everything ready to ship the same day that payment is received.

1. Reserved for club
2. chronicsky
3. tothemoonsands
4. killyou72
5. teeGUMES
6. Zeroxal
7. bithalo
8. monkeynuts
9. Rmcdermott927
10. Reserved for club
11. minerjones
12. Kialara
13. digicoinuser
14. Zepher
15. A-10
16. Josh
17. biggzi
18. TheNewAnon135246
19. grtthegreat
20. Hhampuz
21. str4wm4n
22. M4cca
23. greenplastic
24. Maicol792
25. zekoroger

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
tothemoonsands

Activity: 1035
Merit: 659

friendsofsatoshi.com

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 12:29:47 AM

Awesome, thank you! Looks good to me! Will send payment upon your request.

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 12:53:24 AM

Is there going to be an escrow for this?
Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 01:04:03 AM

Yeah if you'd like to use any of the usual ones that's perfectly fine with me. Escrow fee provided by the buyer. Otherwise I personally will be storing all payments on a Trezor and then transferring them to pay back the org once the coin arrives safe and sound.

FFrankie

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 01:07:11 AM

Yeah if you'd like to use any of the usual ones that's perfectly fine with me. Escrow fee provided by the buyer. Otherwise I personally will be storing all payments on a Trezor and then transferring them to pay back the org once the coin arrives safe and sound.

Alright I thought you would set one up for all the payments. But this as gotta be the most expensive silver coin ever
tothemoonsands

friendsofsatoshi.com

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 01:11:13 AM

Alright I thought you would set one up for all the payments. But this as gotta be the most expensive silver coin ever

I think the most important thing to consider (and the reason for the price) is that it is a fundraiser for a Berkeley student Bitcoin organization. A great cause indeed!

Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 01:31:08 AM

I didn't really think about it since I am acting as an escrow for the org and have acted as an escrow for a few high value transactions in the past here. Totally understandable though and I'd be more than happy to help you set something up and arrange something with Blazed or OG for anyone else.

I provided more slots for the less expensive version without all the additional swag. I don't feel that it is too out of line with other coins that are this limited in production and distribution and I haven't seen any other coin that I think is this unique.

I think the most important thing to consider (and the reason for the price) is that it is a fundraiser for a Berkeley student Bitcoin organization. A great cause indeed!

Exactly! And we are a non profit registered under the ASUC so it would count as a donation and be tax deductible if you are in the US! We have tons of plans to open source all of our workshops and classes to help move this exciting technology forward. You can see some of our content here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5sgoRfoSp3jeX4DEqKLwKg The other coins will be handed out to students who do truly exceptional projects as well as speakers such as Consensys and IPFS who will be coming to give talks in the next month. 

tothemoonsands

friendsofsatoshi.com

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:23:14 AM

Any updates or ETA on accepting payments and beginning shipping?  Smiley

Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:43:25 AM

Hopefully soon! It has been extremely busy with the organization and mid terms. I don't want to start accepting payments and not have time to ship the coins out by the next day. I will let you know as soon as things settle down. Sorry for the delay!

FFrankie

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:48:55 AM

Hopefully soon! It has been extremely busy with the organization and mid terms. I don't want to start accepting payments and not have time to ship the coins out by the next day. I will let you know as soon as things settle down. Sorry for the delay!

Is wasn't your spring break recently?
Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:52:44 AM

Is wasn't your spring break recently?

No that's next week. We're on the semester system here.  Cry

Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:15:50 AM

Alright everyone! I finally have time to start getting these shipped.

Please send payment to: 172LKx4hzEuLjBAgpHYxCB6eShuwcghAxL

I have lowered the price to 0.11BTC due to the increase in BTC price.

Shipping is included in this price, if you are international please add $10 to that total.

Then PM me your txid and address and I will get the coin shipped out.

All funds will be stored on a Trezor until the buyer confirms that the coin has arrived safe and sound.

Please only send 0.11BTC regardless of if you have the deluxe edition with COA or not. I have done some testing and it will be easier to ship the COA separately from the coin since the coin will most likely damage the wax seal during the shipping process. I will collect payment for the COA and other provenance in a few days.

tothemoonsands

friendsofsatoshi.com

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:28:50 AM

Payment/PM Sent!  Cheesy

Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:04:36 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 10:55:06 PM by Eodguy149

1. Reserved for club
2. chronicsky PAID (Paid COA as well) SHIPPED
3. tothemoonsands PAID (Paid COA as well) SHIPPED
4. killyou72
5. teeGUMES PAID/SHIPPED
6. Zeroxal
7. bithalo PAID/SHIPPED
8. monkeynuts
9. Rmcdermott927 PAID
10. Reserved for club
11. minerjones PAID/SHIPPED
12. Kialara PAID/SHIPPED
13. digicoinuser PAID/SHIPPED
14. minerjones PAID/SHIPPED
15. A-10 PAID/SHIPPED
16. Josh
17. biggzi
18. TheNewAnon135246
19. grtthegreat
20. Hhampuz
21. str4wm4n
22. M4cca PAID/SHIPPED
23. greenplastic PAID/SHIPPED
24. Maicol792
25. zekoroger PAID/SHIPPED
26. hybridsole
27. vizique
28. supZ
30. teeGUMES PAID/SHIPPED

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1072

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:52:25 AM

Payment has been sent, can't wait to see this coin in person!

Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:14:12 AM

Alright everyone! I finally have time to start getting these shipped.

Please send payment to: 172LKx4hzEuLjBAgpHYxCB6eShuwcghAxL

I have lowered the price to 0.11BTC due to the increase in BTC price.

Shipping is included in this price, if you are international please add $10 to that total.

Then PM me your txid and address and I will get the coin shipped out.

All funds will be stored on a Trezor until the buyer confirms that the coin has arrived safe and sound.

Please only send 0.11BTC regardless of if you have the deluxe edition with COA or not. I have done some testing and it will be easier to ship the COA separately from the coin since the coin will most likely damage the wax seal during the shipping process. I will collect payment for the COA and other provenance in a few days.

Awesome!

And nice that you lowered the price. Will pay asap and then PM you Smiley.

-Hhampuz

EDIT: If any of the lower numbers drops out can I please take their number then?

Eodguy149 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:27:33 AM

Awesome!

And nice that you lowered the price. Will pay asap and then PM you Smiley.

-Hhampuz

EDIT: If any of the lower numbers drops out can I please take their number then?

I plan to give buyers a week to claim their coins. If I don't hear from them by then I will let you know!

Also, thank you for reminding me but the coins will be shipping from the US so anything outside of the US is considered "international"  Grin

Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:15:23 AM

Just to make everything clear.

You are charging 0.11BTC for each coin, regardless of number, correct?

You stated that you will collect payment for the CoA in a few days, how much will that land on? I was under the impression the 0.11BTC included the CoA since you also stated that regardless of people getting it or not the cost would be 0.11BTC.

Thanks,

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: