Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:35:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed][BTE] Bytecoin Emerald/Ruby  (Read 28551 times)
twelph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:55:58 PM

Going to buy at next reset.. Not risking it Smiley

Yep, I'm out too. Maybe once we see more people playing I'll take more risk. Good luck Digigami.

Trustworthy Buyers: TTBit
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LucasJones (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:00:10 PM

Going to buy at next reset.. Not risking it Smiley

Yep, I'm out too. Maybe once we see more people playing I'll take more risk. Good luck Digigami.

It is only the first day Smiley We'll probably start to see even more people use this soon.

I hope that there are still some people who will buy it at this high-stake high-profit price, if not, the reset isn't that far away.

Tip jars: BTC 1DmCj5fVACDoAZHy5PeKs274xvuwpZ42RM
twelph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:06:39 PM

I know if Digigami gets stuck with it in the end, the next time I have it at high stakes I probably shouldn't be expecting help from him. I've never played this game before, but now I realize how mean it is Sad

Trustworthy Buyers: TTBit
LucasJones (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:11:40 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 09:31:33 PM by LucasJones

I know if Digigami gets stuck with it in the end, the next time I have it at high stakes I probably shouldn't be expecting help from him. I've never played this game before, but now I realize how mean it is Sad

Yeah, it can be pretty mean sometimes, but the more you can gain, the more you can lose. For example, playing at 5 BTE Stakes wouldn't be that risky, as buyers would be plentiful and you wouldn't lose too much if it was reset, but you would only earn 1 BTE, so the game is a tradeoff between stakes and wins, it's the person who is playing's call.

(At least I didn't add a random reset, those are really annoying if you get hit by one)

LucasJones (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:25:12 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 10:59:38 PM by LucasJones

I would buy it right now if it also included the chance to advertise, like the semi-magnificent bitcoin gem.

You can choose a name and add a link now! Only 397.13 BTE Tongue

LucasJones (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:56:26 PM

Its tempting, but i aint touching this game Smiley

That's fine Smiley

It can be quite risky sometimes

saigo

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:35:14 AM

I think there should be more profit to the buyers, and less profit and a little more risk to the host of the game. If I understand it correctly there is no lose ever to the 'house' but all win...doesn't seem right.. but maybe i'm misunderstanding some aspect of it...?

Saigō Takamori : ( 1828 – 1877) was one of the most influential samurai in Japanese history. He has been dubbed the last true samurai.
LucasJones (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:53:42 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 02:06:36 PM by LucasJones

I think there should be more profit to the buyers, and less profit and a little more risk to the host of the game. If I understand it correctly there is no lose ever to the 'house' but all win...doesn't seem right.. but maybe i'm misunderstanding some aspect of it...?

The point is that the house doesn't lose in this sort of game, all of the funds paid out come from another person. They have to judge if anyone else is going to buy it or not, for example at this stage, it seems less likely. The loss pays to the last person who bought the emerald, not to the house. The house takes it's cut when the emerald is transferred between people.

There are quite a few other sites like this (for bitcoin), and they also use a 'random reset' to ensure that the price doesn't rise too high. I could implement this if people wanted, or just keep it the same, we'll have to see.

I may create some other website with house loss later, just at the moment I don't have the funds to do so, which is why I chose to make this sort of website instead, with only house gain (to raise any capital required for a real gambling site).

saigo

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:16:24 AM

Was just thinking of a variation, where as the emerald is passed around and each time, bought, the BTE goes into a central payout pool, so by buying the emerald, you are putting BTE in the pool.

As the 24hour runs down, and the reset occurs, the BTE is paid out to all the previous owners, but, perhaps larger corresponding share the earlier you owned the emerald, and maybe limit ownership to just once per reset period. The later owners in the chain get back less than they put in, but perhaps only slightly less.

Maybe this system would encourage many people to try and buy in early, and would create momentum.

Yes, I think its a Ponzi idea, but if you dont increase the cost of ownership so quickly, and keep the cost of ownership relatively small, people do not end up losing a large sum, and it keeps it more on the 'fun to play' side of things, but with the early buyers still perhaps able to make a larger gain.

You could also add a twist to this game, and allow people to 'buy' a 24 hour ( or maybe on a per hour basis ) extension, again the BTE from that time purchase going to the pool. The early buyers may think it a good tactic to buy a time extension to try to increase the pool size by allowing more time for people to play.  As might someone on the border line of making or slightly losing BTE if the reset occurred.

I think you'd need a webpage with a table showing how much each person in the chain would make or lose if the reset were to occur at that point in time, and how much at the next reset if no more buyers.

The house could take say 1% of the final pool total, for the trouble of running the game.

Lets call this game the 'The Great Bytecoin Ponzi Pool'  - so no one is under any illusions as to what it is Wink

Saigō Takamori : ( 1828 – 1877) was one of the most influential samurai in Japanese history. He has been dubbed the last true samurai.
iamrickrock

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:21:54 AM

Another idea would be to do it like litecointreasure, the one that is left hanging loses everything but is paid 10% of the house profits for that round. That way they don't lose so much.
LucasJones (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:10:22 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 02:00:01 PM by LucasJones

Another idea would be to do it like litecointreasure, the one that is left hanging loses everything but is paid 10% of the house profits for that round. That way they don't lose so much.

Then they technically don't 'lose everything', why not just give them some of their money back?

LucasJones (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:11:55 AM

Was just thinking of a variation, where as the emerald is passed around and each time, bought, the BTE goes into a central payout pool, so by buying the emerald, you are putting BTE in the pool.

As the 24hour runs down, and the reset occurs, the BTE is paid out to all the previous owners, but, perhaps larger corresponding share the earlier you owned the emerald, and maybe limit ownership to just once per reset period. The later owners in the chain get back less than they put in, but perhaps only slightly less.

Maybe this system would encourage many people to try and buy in early, and would create momentum.

Yes, I think its a Ponzi idea, but if you dont increase the cost of ownership so quickly, and keep the cost of ownership relatively small, people do not end up losing a large sum, and it keeps it more on the 'fun to play' side of things, but with the early buyers still perhaps able to make a larger gain.

You could also add a twist to this game, and allow people to 'buy' a 24 hour ( or maybe on a per hour basis ) extension, again the BTE from that time purchase going to the pool. The early buyers may think it a good tactic to buy a time extension to try to increase the pool size by allowing more time for people to play.  As might someone on the border line of making or slightly losing BTE if the reset occurred.

I think you'd need a webpage with a table showing how much each person in the chain would make or lose if the reset were to occur at that point in time, and how much at the next reset if no more buyers.

The house could take say 1% of the final pool total, for the trouble of running the game.

Lets call this game the 'The Great Bytecoin Ponzi Pool'  - so no one is under any illusions as to what it is Wink

Thanks for your detailed reply, I've decreased the increase slightly, and I'll read your post properly tomorrow (It's 3AM where I am  Shocked).

iamrickrock

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:17:00 AM

Then they technically don't 'lose everything', why not just give them 50-80% of their money back?

Ok maybe I didn't frame my words correctly but I think you get the meaning of what I was trying to say lol
saigo

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:17:37 AM

Thanks for your detailed reply, I've decreased the increase slightly, and I'll read your post properly tomorrow (It's 3AM where I am  Shocked).

heh, 11 am here !  Grin 

saigo

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:15:00 AM

I have a nice shiny emerald to buy, still cheap price !!  Roll Eyes  Cheesy  Grin

http://bytecoin.us.to:9000

legend

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:29:58 AM

Anyone want to buy from me? Cheesy
saigo

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:47:28 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 03:17:07 PM by saigo

I would, it still looks very cheap, but I got my butt out in the wind elsewhere right now  Shocked

LucasJones (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:10:42 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 02:25:47 PM by LucasJones

I've updated the site so that you are paid 40% of the house profit

PS: Digigami, I will refund you some of your loss if you want.

EDIT: I changed it to refund house profit, like iamrickrock suggested Smiley

saigo

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:22:40 PM

I've updated the site so that you only lose 50% on a reset Wink

PS: Digigami, I will send you 50% of your loss if you want

Nice change ! ( I felt bad for Digi - ouch ! )

LucasJones (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:19:07 PM

That sounds like a great idea! I might consider making a separate website like this Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: