Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:47:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Final Solution to the Mtgox Problem...  (Read 7144 times)
sivexcom

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:05:18 AM

Here's what needs to happen for Bitcoin to be massively adopted and not killed by its own exponential growth:

- decentralized, scalable exchanges.

a lot of good points made by the OP.  I just want to focus on the exchange decentralization issue.

I think a peer to peer based distributed exchange would solve a lot of the problems we've seen recently with Mt Gox and all the other exchanges.

The main problem I see with this idea is transferring fiat currency to/from the system to cover trades.

This is one of the services that the current exchanges provide at present. Without this you can't have a working exchange.

Given the present banking and payment transfer setup I can't see how a peer to peer exchange system can possibly interface with the banks.

So you'd need to set up some kind of transfer service for BTC/fiat which everyone would use.

This would either have to be run by a commercial provider or operated as a non-profit service funded via the bitcoin system eg from an automatic levy on each transfer.  

The system would also have to interface with the bitcoin peer to peer exchange.

I'd imagine that technically implementing the above would not be too difficult.  

But you need to have a reliable, safe and accountable operation for the bank/BTC transfers. Maybe a commercial service would be the best solution for this? In that case you would have competing providers offering this facility.

Well, if there is a safe and reliable means to facilitate a decentralized BTC to FIAT transfers, commercial or nonprofit, it all boils down on the public and how keen they are to using the service. At the end, competition/not, Bitcoin's usability is still decentralized. However, I stiil can't imagine what BTC would become in the future when every medium of exchange is done BTC and miners incentive are all supplied ( remaining 3.6mm btc).
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: