Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:04:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Awareness on Local Level  (Read 3285 times)
Dudeperfect (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 07:34:09 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2017, 12:02:36 PM by Dudeperfect

I was roaming on the street behind my uncle's house and saw a shop with a board about bitcoin and I entered in that shop and surprised to meet someone (they were bitcoin users). They are kind of startup and willing to build awareness about bitcoin on the local level. They periodically conduct the seminars in a local language and help people to learn more about bitcoin. They have further plans for this activity.

PS : This is actual photograph of that shop

And a still photograph from bitcoin awareness seminar (free for all, local language)

They have helped to purchase 10 to 20 bitcoins to those who had no idea about bitcoin and shown interest in learning about this revolutionary technology.

This is their pamplet advertisement regarding bitcoin and its benefits in a local language (Marathi).

It talks about bitcoin and current facilities which are available to purchase using bitcoins. People would attract towards bitcoin on the topics which would positively affect them in the short term.

I believe we must give our contribution on the local level in order to grow bitcoin in terms of the user base (prices are temporary, users are permanent).

What do you do to build bitcoin or crypto awareness, do you have any ideas / feedback / suggestions?

Best
Dudeperfect

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:58:57 AM

Wow this is great, but in my country Bitcoin awareness is almost zero, most people never heard of it ans few that do don't understand what it is or how it works.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Dudeperfect (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 09:07:28 AM

Wow this is great, but in my country Bitcoin awareness is almost zero, most people never heard of it ans few that do don't understand what it is or how it works.

Yes in most of the countries there is almost no efforts are being taken by bitcoin users to build bitcoin awareness. In my country almost less than 1% people heard of bitcoin, so we can see this as an opportunity. We should inform our friends and family members about this technology because they are going to use it in next 10 years so why not now? I see a very optimistic picture if everyone in this community informs at least 12 people in the year 2017.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:41:08 AM

People are gready. Whenever I talk about bitcoin to newbie, he/she directly questions me how to earn money with bitcoin? So definitely I can't give much better solution other then trading so they themself go for googling way to earn money and finally trap themself in scam sites.
So i think we should aware them from scam policies.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:45:09 AM

bitcoin is just code. it has no arms. no legs and no voice.

it is up to PEOPLE to get merchant acceptance, and used locally.

if bitcoin has near zero activity in YOUR area. then this is YOUR opportunity to raise awareness.
do not wait around for a bitcoin superman to fly in and become the hero for you.. YOU need to become the hero.

after all it is YOUR area, no one is going to fly halfway across the world for free to raise awareness in YOUR area. so YOU need to become that person in YOUR area.

how?
start small.. think of a popular meetup place. (cafe/bar) and then advertise a local meetup for people that are interested in bitcoin.
look at sections of this forum that are more dedicated to your local area and start finding out who else is nearby.

get together and discuss what you all would like to see happen.

find the most confident, and most bitcoin knowledgable person out of your locals and get them to be the main source of info.
brainstorm, create a thinktank. business networking groups and inspire each other to look after and grow bitcoin awareness and especilly utility in your area

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 09:47:21 AM

Its a good start, but handling pamplet to public is hard selling and probably they will just accept and throw it around, word of mouth is still the best advertising on the local level.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:56:19 AM

Yes in most of the countries there is almost no efforts are being taken by bitcoin users to build bitcoin awareness. In my country almost less than 1% people heard of bitcoin, so we can see this as an opportunity. We should inform our friends and family members about this technology because they are going to use it in next 10 years so why not now? I see a very optimistic picture if everyone in this community informs at least 12 people in the year 2017.

not quite.
dont play the pyramid theorem game of informing X people and hope they inform X*X people .. purely in relation to buying bitcoin.

get a group together and think about bitcoin utility.

ask the group what shops they spend their fiat in most. what main car fuel stations they visit most.
get a list of popular destinations that would get frequent spending if that merchant accepted bitcoin.

once you have got merchant acceptance locally for people to buy toilet paper, foood and car fuel.. then start telling random people about the utility of bitcoin.

dont just advertise bitcoin in relation to investment profiting by using sketchy marketing strategies (pyramid theorems) think more about bitcoins UTILITY in your area

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Factmine

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:14:22 AM

not quite.
dont play the pyramid theorem game of informing X people and hope they inform X*X people .. purely in relation to buying bitcoin.

ask the group what shops they spend their fiat in most. what main car fuel stations they visit most.
get a list of popular destinations that would get frequent spending if that merchant accepted bitcoin.

once you have got merchant acceptance locally for people to buy toilet paper, foood and car fuel.. then start telling random people about the utility of bitcoin.

dont just advertise bitcoin in relation to investment profiting by using sketchy marketing strategies (pyramid theorems) think more about bitcoins UTILITY in your area

I think these is a better approach too. Do not influence people to use bitcoins because it will be useless. They can't use it in a practical manner, like buying groceries, gas, food, etc, like what franky has mentioned. If we can get more businesses to accept bitcoin as payment method, then that would be much better.
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:36:35 AM

That's great to hear in my country only few people have knowledge about bitcoin, really the man behind is doing good to people because lack of knowledge many people are loosing their money when buying bitcoin and how to sell bitcoins. Really if things happens in every country soon there will be big bounce in bitcoin industry.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:39:36 AM

not quite.

I think these is a better approach too. Do not influence people to use bitcoins because it will be useless. They can't use it in a practical manner, like buying groceries, gas, food, etc, like what franky has mentioned. If we can get more businesses to accept bitcoin as payment method, then that would be much better.

yep. the only issue in places like india. is that bitcoins transaction fee can be 6-30 rupee (9cents-40cents)
where just using bitcoin has the FEE cost alone equivalent to some of these
Milk (regular), (0.25 liter)    10.74 Rs
Loaf of  Bread (125.00 g)    6.74 Rs
Rice (white), (0.10 kg)       4.81 Rs
chicken Eggs (2.40)          11.57 Rs
Local Cheese (0.10 kg)       30.29 Rs
Chicken Breasts (0.15 kg)   30.67 Rs
Banana (0.25 kg)             11.25 Rs
Oranges (0.30 kg)          18.29 Rs
Tomato (0.20 kg)             6.24 Rs
Potato (0.20 kg)             4.80 Rs
Onion (0.10 kg)                2.78 Rs
Lettuce (0.20 head)          6.59 Rs

would you use bitcoin if it cost 1-5 lettuces or a breast of chicken?

local area's need to think less about just getting people to buy bitcoin but think about what people need and use it for.
EG may not be great for buying toilet paper but may be great for remittance. so set up a remittance exchange. rather than just asking people to buy bitcoin for no reason

the important thing is to be honest with those you talk to or they will drop bitcoin if they find it useless for them.
find out what your communities NEEDS are and look at how bitcoin can IN REALITY (not hope/speculation) help with

KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:43:23 AM

That's a good initiative from a country that has been getting more adoption compared to the past. Now its good to have more and more spreading for the growth to continue. I believe this seems the right time to spread bitcoin and digital currency usage as the country's economy is down due to demonetisation.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:58:51 AM

-trim-

Isn't it a harder goal to achieve influencing merchants to accept bitcoin if there is almost zero bitcoin users in your area? That goal can be set later when there is already a considerable users in your area. For the mean time, you can start with the people around you. If you can't even influence the people around you, no doubt you can't influence merchants to accept bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:06:45 AM

Isn't it a harder goal to achieve influencing merchants to accept bitcoin if there is almost zero bitcoin users in your area? That goal can be set later when there is already a considerable users in your area. For the mean time, you can start with the people around you. If you can't even influence the people around you, no doubt you can't influence merchants to accept bitcoin.

that is a chicken and egg question.

and thats why before approaching merchants. before approaching the non involved public. you get a metup of those that do use bitcoin already and ask where they would spend btc and/or what they would like to do with their coins

EG.
if you meet at a cafe once a week. get that cafe to accept bitcoin. then as the 'meetups' grow the cafe see's more use.
then when asking all that attend what other places they spend fiat but would prefer to spend btc.. you then seek out that merchant. and use the cafe as the 'example' to explain to other merchants.

if you live in an area where the bitcoin tx fee is a few lettuces, a chicken breast amount, where. then find what would be useful services instead of merchants. EG exchanges, remittance, etc. so set up a way to face-to-face exchange btc fit fiat

like i said start small, ORGANISE, then let the ball roll.

Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 11:16:05 AM

I think this one is made up for specific domestic language. Most of time people who are already in Bitcoin environment want to educate new user who are still not aware about Bitcoin. By increasing number of users with proper education board to Bitcoin can increase demand in market for Bitcoin.

But still awareness about Bitcoin is must as per my acknowledgement to local levels.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:27:38 AM

This is a great thing to do when you want the bitcoin community to growth you will need to advertised it so other people would what it is and the usefulness if they are using it and to pen up their eyes so they would have awareness in what is the use of bitcoin, but I think many people have already had an Idea on what is bitcoin and what good stuff awaits them if they would have their own bitcoin, it is almost 16 or 17 years from now when bitcoin was first introduce to us and I think there are a lot of people that have a knowledge regarding it.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:31:44 AM

I think this one is made up for specific domestic language. Most of time people who are already in Bitcoin environment want to educate new user who are still not aware about Bitcoin. By increasing number of users with proper education board to Bitcoin can increase demand in market for Bitcoin.

But still awareness about Bitcoin is must as per my acknowledgement to local levels.

just increasing number increases demand in market??
sounds like someone only cares about increasing the fiat price.. meaning they only care about having a higher exit price when they want to return to fiat.

the mindset should be on understanding bitcoins UTILITY within a local area and pushing the UTILITY. which would then bring more users

EG, field of dreams - 'if you build it, they will come'

Tanic

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:33:43 AM

That is really cool! I would like such seminars provided in my place. Here people have no idea about bitcoin and when I try to explain something they look at me very sceptical. Bitcoin is more interesed here as money, not as technology.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:48:27 AM

This is great. In our area  there are only a handful individuals including me who knows about bitcoin. There are no signages or even a word bitcoin can be found. The word bitcoin can be seen only if there are networking groups promoting their products which uses bitcoin. Only in social media that bitcoin is well known. I have wanted to put stalls accepting bitcoin but people in our local area are not so familiar about bitcoins, they dont even have android phones and are not well versed on how to use the internet.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:08:43 PM

My area for bitcoin awareness is very low, never saw any store or anything regarding to bitcoin and there are a lot of people that doesn't know what is bitcoin, but in the other city there are small community that actively introduce bitcoin, but not many people are interested to bitcoin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:20:35 PM

When I was at home at Christmas, I told my Dad about Bitcoin. 

He had heard of it, but didn't really know what it is, why it is good and he had no idea what the price is.
I explained a little, but really I think people have to find out for themselves, I am not going to go door to door to convert people tio Bitcoin, if they want to use it and it offers them some sort of advantage, then they should invest. If I was asked how you can buy/store your Bitcoins, I would be far keener to talk to someone about it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: