Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:44:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the mining profits decrease, will Bitcoin end?  (Read 2995 times)
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 03:59:58 PM

At the moment the miners for a block are awarded 12.5 BTC. Every 4 years this value will fall by half. For example, let's imagine that the prize value is 1.5 BTC for each block and that BTC's value against the dollar does not increase. In such a case, mining will not be very profitable.

At the same time, miners are also benefiting from the value of the fee. This time the fee values will increase. Then people will have to pay a high fee for bitcoin transfer. The biggest advantage of the Bitcoin system against banking systems was that they could shop without paying commissions to any brokerage house. If this happens, can bitcoin preference be reduced?

Bitcoin is real invention of this century and also prepared with proper precautions. We must have to admire developer of Bitcoins because they have already predicted everything considering future of Bitcoin.

As we know after every 4 year Bitcoin halving occur. Which directly impact to price of reward after solving block. Bitcoin mining will be held till 2145. And I think Bitcoin mining will be there till mine last Bitcoin.

And till that time price of Bitcoin will be skyrocket.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 05:01:40 PM

It simply means that the ones we have will now be contested for and the value of Bitcoin will therefore increase significantly but at the same same it will come with its own disadvantages in the sense that when the price becomes un-affordable then I see other Alts lining up to take its place which in the long run might eventually makes bitcoin worthless when nobody is asking for it...
royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:44:22 PM

Miners that are there for mining profits will leave but some who do it to acquire bitcoin will stay. Profitability in mining, considers the cost of production especially electricity to validate the profit level

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:52:25 PM

At the moment the miners for a block are awarded 12.5 BTC. Every 4 years this value will fall by half. For example, let's imagine that the prize value is 1.5 BTC for each block and that BTC's value against the dollar does not increase. In such a case, mining will not be very profitable.

At the same time, miners are also benefiting from the value of the fee. This time the fee values will increase. Then people will have to pay a high fee for bitcoin transfer. The biggest advantage of the Bitcoin system against banking systems was that they could shop without paying commissions to any brokerage house. If this happens, can bitcoin preference be reduced?

No really, only the BTC reward will be lowered but the BTC price will increase due to the law of supply and demand, less BTC less supply more demand, high prices.
I am not saying that i do not agree with your idea, but your logic has a flaw. the amount of Bitcoin is constantly rising. Unless we destroy the same amount constantly, then the supply is growing. The rate at which the supply is growing is getting smaller, but the overall supply is still rising. So for the price to rise you have to generate a bigger demand. Constantly. 

Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 07:57:00 PM

The value will rise, because miners sell their coins at some price. Considering that new people are entering frequently and let's say that they buy the bitcoins available for cheap, more and more you will rise until you hit miners' bitcoins. This is the case where the market would be forced to adjust to a greater price, but you know, the natural growth of the users if for me enough to keep the most competitive mining facilities profitable.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:14:15 PM

We will know about it in 12 years later when the reward is 1.5 BTCitcoin for every block.
The price should be increasing, especially in 12 years as the supply always decrease.
If the price increase $400/year than it will be great, around $5000/BTC1.

The fees will cover all of costs and profits for the miners as you said. People will pay same amount of but the value of bitcoin is higher than nowadays, well it consider high fee. Only time will tell, we just predict it that way.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:37:02 PM

Thats true fees will be replacing the blocks rewards in the future, that isnt new at all, at the next 20 years i expect bitcoin to reach atleast 2000-3000 dolllars, if the halving will happen every 4 years we will reach the moment that the fees should be bigger then the block reward. We wont be alive atleast the big part of us when the last bitcoin will be full mined, but before that fees will be already the best and main reward at bitcoin, something around 2036.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:50:33 PM

Mining end in the year 2140 so in my opinion is the last thing we should worry about as I am pretty sure we will all be dead and forgotten at that year 2140.

As others have already said then it would depend on transaction fees and also bitcoin will not end but it will be extra expensive as there will be only this amount of bitcoin in circulation(21mln coins) and if people by then decide not to sell than the price should only go up.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:58:29 PM

No really, only the BTC reward will be lowered but the BTC price will increase due to the law of supply and demand, less BTC less supply more demand, high prices.
Along with that fact we can also say that with the passage of time the remaining coins will reduce in umber and one day all of the coins will be mined and with the limited number of bitcoin its price will be much higher and the miners will rely on the fees of transaction which is also good in amount.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 09:03:55 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will end when mining profitability decrease.  As long as there is profits, people (Bitcoin miner) will mine Bitcoin.  Even if Bitcoin mining is not profitable, people will stop mining but I would say not all will stop.  This will lessen the hashing power of Bitcoin but will lessen the difficulty after the next block.  Balancing its system of Hashing Power and difficulty and then afterwards profitability.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3018

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 09:14:30 PM

I think they are balance the profit and fees for those who are mining bitcoin.. and i think it will not end bitcoin because of the block rewards are decreases every 4 years or block halving.. the price of bitcoin is always depends in the supply and demand so if our block rewards are decrease i am sure that the price could be rise that can increase your profit or it can be still balance because of the price increases.
Its impossible that the price will not increase and mining will not profitable. if the difficulty is increased i think your mine coins daily will be deacreses but the price bitcoin could be increase because bitcoin is in demand and many companies right now are using it. .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:17:01 PM

I think they are balance the profit and fees for those who are mining bitcoin.. and i think it will not end bitcoin because of the block rewards are decreases every 4 years or block halving.. the price of bitcoin is always depends in the supply and demand so if our block rewards are decrease i am sure that the price could be rise that can increase your profit or it can be still balance because of the price increases.
Its impossible that the price will not increase and mining will not profitable. if the difficulty is increased i think your mine coins daily will be deacreses but the price bitcoin could be increase because bitcoin is in demand and many companies right now are using it. .

I also think that bitcoin mining profitability have the capability to balance itself.  As long as there is demand for bitcoin, mining will always be profitable at the end after all the adjustment of difficulty.  It was just now I realized how great is the design of bitcoin ecosystem.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3018

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 09:32:13 PM

I also think that bitcoin mining profitability have the capability to balance itself.  As long as there is demand for bitcoin, mining will always be profitable at the end after all the adjustment of difficulty.  It was just now I realized how great is the design of bitcoin ecosystem.
The first thing if you are smart its obvious that its still profitable if bitcoin mining is not profitable many business miner will stop to mine bitcoin instead better to go in other coins to mine and profitable.. that can affect bitcoin difficulty to be low and i think the transaction also will be slow because of miners stop mining bitcoin due to bitcoin mining is not profitable..
That is why there is block halving they are helping miners that bitcoin could be profitable and increase more the value of bitcoin the more the price was increase the more bitcoin mining to be profitable.. unless if you are paying a large electricity in you country it cant profitable..
The minimum electricity cost that i think profitable is below 10 cents..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:50:00 PM

To my point of view when the reward of mining is not sufficient miners not only cover their expenses but to have a profit too then:
1. First will increase the fees. Even nowadays bitcoin is not the proper way for micropayment transactions. May be if consensus achieved other ways like lightning networks will arise.
2. Secondly some of them (miners) may mine other alt-coins. Of course bitcoin is the leader but some of them are promising too.

After the genesis block (8 years) so many things happened in bitcoin ecosystem. Imo the moment the reward of mining blocks will not satisfy the miners is far way, so there is no reason to worry about
fikihafana

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:52:06 PM

not really. Bitcoin reward maybe decrease but bitcoin price will increase. It's why bitcoin price always increase year by year
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:04:26 PM

not really. Bitcoin reward maybe decrease but bitcoin price will increase. It's why bitcoin price always increase year by year

Or bitcoin price decrease, mining profitability decrease, miner decrease, difficulty decrease, power use in mining will also decrease, making mining profitability increase.  It is a cycle.  Each sector will adopt to the changes of each sector.  The only thing that will stop bitcoin is when the demand of people to have bitcoin stop.
Teemotje

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:05:09 PM

No I do not think that it will than end because this already happened multiple times So mostly likely it will stay like this even without it.
shield132

Activity: 2254
Merit: 870

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:18:25 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2017, 09:12:27 PM by shield132

Nowdays mining isn't dead and it's profitable for big companies but your question seems very serious. If after many halvings, fee will be increased and also at the same time bitcoin's price will increase also, than it won't be preferable payment system and mostly bitcoin payment won't be so comfortable but hope that won't happen by that way. While mining hardwares can mine without any big problems and there is RIO in one year, it's price won't be so highly risen and while time goes, technic is developing and there are less risks of unprofitable mining in future.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:54:50 PM

Or bitcoin price decrease, mining profitability decrease, miner decrease, difficulty decrease, power use in mining will also decrease, making mining profitability increase.  It is a cycle.  Each sector will adopt to the changes of each sector.  The only thing that will stop bitcoin is when the demand of people to have bitcoin stop.
Exactly as long as the demand of people to have bitcoin is exist then bitcoin will never end, like people said the price will be increase due to the mining reward will be lowered down so that mining will be profitable, but actually i'm wondering about what if all the bitcoins in this world have been mined, will bitcoin mining be profitable? after all the 21 Bitcoins have been mined? since there will never be any new bitcoins for miner to verify.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:28:58 PM

If someone stops mining, then the difficulty goes down, this means the ones that are still mining get a benefit from continuing mining. So if someone leaves, the system automatically self regulates in a way that it creates an incentive for the rest of people to keep mining and for other people to join in as the difficulty goes down. There is always profit to be made by mining BTC.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: