Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:50:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best starter hardware  (Read 884 times)
dmorgan20 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:31:44 PM

Good Evening,

This is my first post so please god easy.

I am keen to get involved in Bitcoins, preferably mining them. There are posts, articles everywhere online and to be honest many I for some reason find confusing so thought I would look to speak to a real person on here.

My questions it whats the best start kits for my circumstances?

At present I have a laptop and mine using the laptop using GUIminer - in 24 hours so far got 18 shares. No idea what that means but thats what I got, apparently, Although my slushpool account shows no activity happening.

From what I have read, using just a laptop to mine is absolutely useless and non profitable - So what should I use, I was considering a USB hub that hold 40 Bitcoin USB devices and treat this as a hobby, leave the laptop on all the time and let it mine. What sort of expectancy would I get from that?

Also considered an Antminer S4 - But is it simple to setup, I heard a paper clip needs to be put into the cables somewhere to which I aint sure I feel comfortable doing myself.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fikihafana

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:55:40 PM

it's better to mine altcoin if you have small miner, and then sell to bitcoin. If you want to use laptop for mining, you can try mine XMR or karbowanec
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:01:42 PM

Good Evening,

This is my first post so please god easy.

I am keen to get involved in Bitcoins, preferably mining them. There are posts, articles everywhere online and to be honest many I for some reason find confusing so thought I would look to speak to a real person on here.

My questions it whats the best start kits for my circumstances?

At present I have a laptop and mine using the laptop using GUIminer - in 24 hours so far got 18 shares. No idea what that means but thats what I got, apparently, Although my slushpool account shows no activity happening.

From what I have read, using just a laptop to mine is absolutely useless and non profitable - So what should I use, I was considering a USB hub that hold 40 Bitcoin USB devices and treat this as a hobby, leave the laptop on all the time and let it mine. What sort of expectancy would I get from that?

Also considered an Antminer S4 - But is it simple to setup, I heard a paper clip needs to be put into the cables somewhere to which I aint sure I feel comfortable doing myself.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated

Mining with a laptop is out of the question, it's a NO NO situation, you earn nothing and you risk to burn your laptop to pieces if you mine using GPU.

Antminer S4 is not profitable. For a starter I would suggest you buy a USB miner (note is unprofitable, so use it as a learning experience only).

Once you are familiar with it, for the moment I don't know any device more profitable than this one below at the moment so get one if you have the funds.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bitmain-Antminer-L3-250MH-s-400w-LITECOIN-MINER-like-a4-dominator-a2-terminator-/401251115769?hash=item5d6c6e22f9:g:ubYAAOSwA3dYZerN

In the pic below is the mining profit considering a price of the energy 0.10 USD/kWat.

So with this one is 187.39 monthly net profit. You need 1 year to make back the investment but this one is for serious investors.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:03:09 PM

I am keen to get involved in Bitcoins, preferably mining them.

For the loving good, for the sake of birds and all thats good... STOP.
Learn bitcoin first, buy, send, sell etc.

Mining is for EXPERTS only, very hard to get profit on currently and requiring deep deep hardware and bitcoin knowledge.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:04:15 AM

You should have post this question on the right board in this forum (mining). For your question, mining bitcoin now is no longer a good investment for small scale investors but you can buy mining tools from amazon and start to mining altcoins that are new. Mining with laptops is out of it as you will end up making Notting. Another way that you can make money through bitcoin is by Arbitrary or margin/ leverage trading, for now if you used the money to buy mining tools and used it for learned how to trade it will be better for you.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:38:11 AM

If you would even consider mining with a CPU then you haven't researched Bitcoin mining at all. You have weeks if not months of reading to do to understand Bitcoin mining. I mined for years and can tell you specialized mining equipment is costly, complicated to configure properly and not worth it most of the time.

The initial cost is only one variable you have to contend with concerning a potential ROI (return on investment). My biggest problem was keeping a continuous connection to a pool. I had a failover pool set up with an automated script and would occasionally come home to find out I hadn't been mining all day because I couldn't connect to either pool. You need to have a really stable internet connection with no drop offs in service. Difficulty adjustments and the volatile current exchange rate make predicting potential earnings next to  impossible. Heat related equipment failures can literally burn up any profit you may make. Pool fraud has cost me money several times. Buying second hand equipment is better than buying new because it's cheaper but you still may never ROI.

I have a fool proof method to make money with Bitcoin that makes more sense than mining. Take the amount of money you would use to buy mining equipment and buy Bitcoin instead.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:42:14 AM

it always depend on your electricity, if very cheap you can recycle an old antminer like the good s5 and mine with that with a cheap investment, otherwise you need the expensive but efficient s9

if this isn't about bitcoin only, you need to check the altsection for gpu mining
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:51:42 AM

For a starter like you dont mine with GPU they are a waste of time and electricity. Try using antminer S9 which more efficient and you will be able to pay your electric bill including your internet connection. S9 is profitable at the moment but soon it is no longer wise to use s9 to mine bitcoins. You can try also mining altcoins which has lesser mining difficulty compared to bitcoin, try to mine monero instead.
kranaud70

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 02:11:09 PM

You should have post this question on the right board in this forum (mining). For your question, mining bitcoin now is no longer a good investment for small scale investors but you can buy mining tools from amazon and start to mining altcoins that are new. Mining with laptops is out of it as you will end up making Notting Mobilier pas cher. Another way that you can make money through bitcoin is by Arbitrary or margin/ leverage trading, for now if you used the money to buy mining tools and used it for learned how to trade it will be better for you.

And what would be the right investment for you? Because we would like to invest in something that
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: