Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:50:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK fund for buying Bitcoin?  (Read 544 times)
calkob (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:39:57 PM

I have recently sold a fund with H&L in the UK which had down very well recently, i am now looking to buy a fund or stock that tracks the bitcoin price, any ideas on what to buy? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 12:20:37 AM

I have recently sold a fund with H&L in the UK which had down very well recently, i am now looking to buy a fund or stock that tracks the bitcoin price, any ideas on what to buy? 

Hmm... I don't get why you would do that...
Well first there is a bitcoin index proposed in some brokers if you want.
But... What is the point of buying a stock tracking bitcoin price? Why not buying bitcoin directly?
I mean it's not like it was difficult or like bitcoin was not moving enough alone xD
Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:04:55 AM

Bitcoin's stock index is exactly the same as buying physical BTC. It really can be bought at any daily exchange as long as the exchange provides payment processing that relates to you.

The best places to buy this virtual currency are Xapo, CoinBase & LocalBitcoins. Xapo is known to offer Neteller which is based in Britain. To be honest I'd much rather purchase Bitcoin than buy into an index.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:45:03 PM

Are you referring to a bitcoin price chart. There are apps that can help you, some are available in google play and you can download it here. But in case I didnt get your point and what you mean really is a device or software that allows you to predict if bitcoin will deflate or inflate then that is not existing.

If you plan to do bitcoins just do it right now, there are no worries bitcoin has still a huge potential to inflate in price. Dont wait for the last hour its because when you wait a long time you will end up buying at a higher price.
TRF

Activity: 322
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 02:30:34 PM

Why not bitcoin? Why you want to take to risk: asset risk and linked price?

Show me what do you need, i could help you to build up a god asset allocation. Also feel free to pm me with more details  Smiley

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 09:44:34 PM

Why not bitcoin? Why you want to take to risk: asset risk and linked price?

Show me what do you need, i could help you to build up a god asset allocation. Also feel free to pm me with more details  Smiley
That would be the suggestion from myself also. Instead of looking for bitcoin similar investment opportunity why not just get into bitcoin investments. An investor does not need to be an adopter. So, just learning some basics of bitcoin ecosystem would be more than enough.

I guess, not just me here each and everyone will be suggesting to bitcoin investment. I just wonder OP is into a bitcoin forum still ignoring bitcoin's opportunities, any clarifications will be useful to suggest better.
faradayz

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 10:13:53 PM

Bitcoin's stock index is exactly the same as buying physical BTC. It really can be bought at any daily exchange as long as the exchange provides payment processing that relates to you.

The best places to buy this virtual currency are Xapo, CoinBase & LocalBitcoins. Xapo is known to offer Neteller which is based in Britain. To be honest I'd much rather purchase Bitcoin than buy into an index.
if both are almost the same in concept, Then I too prefer to just buy BTC's rather than investing in something like that.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:13:16 AM

Actually, it is much better for you to buy bitcoin directly, I don't see any valid reason why would you like to look to buy fund that tracks the bitcoin price. Besides you can buy in localbitcoins or coinsbase. At least there is no hassle, and no risk if you do that.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:57:30 AM

Actually, it is much better for you to buy bitcoin directly, I don't see any valid reason why would you like to look to buy fund that tracks the bitcoin price. Besides you can buy in localbitcoins or coinsbase. At least there is no hassle, and no risk if you do that.

Safe storage of bitcoins is not easy for everybody. Such people might want to buy funds which invest in bitcoins.
Also the tax implications of investing in funds and investing in bitcoins are different.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: