Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake top  (Read 1255 times)
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 11:05:26 AM

World controller types who hold power by control of central banking and fiat money would almost certainly want bitcoin to decline or disappear entirely. What if someone, I don’t know, like George Soros, or perhaps someone acting on behalf of central banks, decided to pump up bitcoins deliberately by overbuying it, only to massively sell into the first opportune sign of weakness. It wouldn’t be that hard to do. They might be able to successfully paint a fake top into the market. Result, killed enthusiasm, and a promising bull run, nipped in the bud.

Could this be a fake top in bitcoins?

I very much doubt they can yet manipulate the bitcoin market with the same precision that they can do the gold and silver markets, because they don’t have futures contracts, ETFs and naked shorting to fine tune the downside. However  those world controllers still have manipulation of perception via the media, and limitless fiat. In a small market like bitcoin, you’d hardly need that much fiat to move it up like that. Easy in fact if one had the sort of funds of someone like George Sorros or someone acting on behalf of a central bank.

http://afbitcoins.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/fake-top/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:11:21 AM

World controller types who hold power by control of central banking and fiat money would almost certainly want bitcoin to decline or disappear entirely. What if someone, I don’t know, like George Soros, or perhaps someone acting on behalf of central banks, decided to pump up bitcoins deliberately by overbuying it, only to massively sell into the first opportune sign of weakness. It wouldn’t be that hard to do. They might be able to successfully paint a fake top into the market. Result, killed enthusiasm, and a promising bull run, nipped in the bud.

I very much doubt they can yet manipulate the bitcoin market with the same precision that they can do the gold and silver markets, because they don’t have futures contracts, ETFs and naked shorting to fine tune the downside. However  those world controllers still have manipulation of perception via the media, and limitless fiat. In a small market like bitcoin, you’d hardly need that much fiat to move it up like that. Easy in fact if one had the sort of funds of someone like George Sorros or someone acting on behalf of a central bank.

Nope.  This really was a top.  And assuming bitcoin can recover from this catastrophe, I don't think the price will come close to challenging the new high for around a half decade or more.  We dun goofed.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
HappyBitCoinUser

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:14:54 AM

So $266 was the all time high, a goal we'll be chasing for the next 5-10 years.

marhjan

Activity: 215
Merit: 105

Poorer than I ought to be

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:24:36 AM

I expect we'll either break $266 in the next two years or so or goto essentially 0.

Donations happily accepted @ 15qxNsc7pBiz5kXpAJykw4etzMbZitm2mk
flaab

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:48:11 AM

I expect we'll either break $266 in the next two years or so or goto essentially 0.
I am willing to buy at zero.
HappyBitCoinUser

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:49:03 AM

I am willing to buy at zero.

Be realistic and put in a bid around the $0.01 to $0.05 price range.
ruski

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:51:19 AM

Nope.  This really was a top.  And assuming bitcoin can recover from this catastrophe, I don't think the price will come close to challenging the new high for around a half decade or more.  We dun goofed.

The amount of bullshit you dream up is incredible. And you say it with a straight face.

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 11:54:41 AM

Two years ago, it was "either 1000+, or goes to zero".

I don't buy it anymore.
jaime

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

División de Poderes s.XXI es Descentralización

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 12:03:51 PM

Those who sell are those who were here just to make fast money.
Nothing in its fundamentals is wrong with bitcoin, nothing has changed since just a month ago.

Francesco

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:06:51 PM

I'd like to invest in your bearishness. It's the only thing that keeps getting higher and higher, no matter what happens  Cheesy
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:14:40 PM

The fundamentals haven't changed, the only thing that's happening is weak hands are speculating on Gox's lack of performance. No one's even speculating on use cases, adoption, real [non-exchange] infrastructure - all those things are going really well. No one's speculating on the math or the code or the fundamentals. We're seeing a bunch of lunatics completely forget about all that and 'speculate' i.e. base BTC's perceived value on one thing - MtGox's performance. I.E. all it takes is a big sell for people to cram onto Gox, and with no lag, the market could easily recover from from most of the big sells we've seen - but with the lag, we're seeing massive amounts of "weak speculators" basically betting on Gox's performance and panic dumping everything they have. Note that at $5 a pop, BTC wouldn't have anywhere NEAR the liquidity required to be used as a currency. Yet merchant adoption is at record highs, and user adoption is too - obviously people are using it as currency, so this expectation from bears that we will reach a value (single digits) that would not even support its current level of adoption - is rather bizarre.

However, the value of bitcoin is not really based on Gox's performance, or at least shouldn't be, so we're going to see either an improvement in Gox's performance, or a natural shift towards other exchanges (since, let's face it, MtGox is basically a completely unusable website.)

For that reason, proudhon is yet again wrong. The fundamentals haven't changed one bit. Let's see how long this whole "matching BTC's value to Gox's performance" lasts. It ain't gonna be long ;-)
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:32:50 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 12:45:33 PM by gizmoh

The fundamentals haven't changed, the only thing that's happening is weak hands are speculating on Gox's lack of performance. No one's even speculating on use cases, adoption, real [non-exchange] infrastructure - all those things are going really well. No one's speculating on the math or the code or the fundamentals. We're seeing a bunch of lunatics completely forget about all that and 'speculate' i.e. base BTC's perceived value on one thing - MtGox's performance. I.E. all it takes is a big sell for people to cram onto Gox, and with no lag, the market could easily recover from from most of the big sells we've seen - but with the lag, we're seeing massive amounts of "weak speculators" basically betting on Gox's performance and panic dumping everything they have. Note that at $5 a pop, BTC wouldn't have anywhere NEAR the liquidity required to be used as a currency. Yet merchant adoption is at record highs, and user adoption is too - obviously people are using it as currency, so this expectation from bears that we will reach a value (single digits) that would not even support its current level of adoption - is rather bizarre.

However, the value of bitcoin is not really based on Gox's performance, or at least shouldn't be, so we're going to see either an improvement in Gox's performance, or a natural shift towards other exchanges (since, let's face it, MtGox is basically a completely unusable website.)

For that reason, proudhon is yet again wrong. The fundamentals haven't changed one bit. Let's see how long this whole "matching BTC's value to Gox's performance" lasts. It ain't gonna be long ;-)

All True, But you missing one main point. People lost confidence, the whole system is not stable yet as  Gox is still prone to lags and DDOS.

In God We Trust  - USD
In Gox We Laugh - BTC

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
Protagonus

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:43:19 PM

holding a bet with a couple friends and so far seems going well.  Total opinion of course
-  I think the "real players" (VC, Banker, Investors etc) are "buying in" atm.  Price needs to be low AND you need to pull coins out to buy (say 10-100 million)
-  Once they have acquired enough market share; they will RAISE or "allow" to raise.

interesting that the day AFTER the crash;
-the 2 brothers announce they are in 1% total
-MSM released article citing bitcoin will be everywhere in 90 days (RT)
- 3 Venture Capital companies announce they ALSO have bought in (87,000 BTC for one)
- 1 Investment Brokerage firm from wall street bought in

Have to see how it goes though.  If I'm right I get a cookie!
TomRado

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:46:03 PM

You can always see this both ways. The VC announcing they are do so to create trust. Trust to be able to sell higher maybe?
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 01:02:04 PM

Hi Proudhon, your reputation has preceded you, I'm already well aware of your bearish stance, thanks for the comment
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: