Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:19:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the Point of ICO Escrow?  (Read 6436 times)
dimon01

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:23:02 PM

there are many ways to steal money at this stage, when even experienced users become victims of hackers because of silly carelessness or self-sufficiency ..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Virtual Reality Games

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 05:27:17 AM

I understand it very much depends on how guarantee policy, terms and conditions, type of cap etc. are set.

So, escrow doesn't really makes much sense if contributions are not refundable with soft cap and no specific obligations.

On the other hand, it show at least that the team has serious intentions to provide contributors with most guarantees possible.

It's like getting sec D approved. ICO team shows they've done their homework and have all intention to fulfill the project and meet the promises given.
sksshopee

Activity: 176
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:19:27 AM

The role of escrows in ICO campaign is the proper provision or supervision of the obligations imposed on a service provider. this system basically provides an intermediary service ensuring smooth business transactions between two individuals or groups of individuals. Simply put, an escrow will handle transactional values pending when agreements of the set trade are completed.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:29:02 AM

I understand it very much depends on how guarantee policy, terms and conditions, type of cap etc. are set.

So, escrow doesn't really makes much sense if contributions are not refundable with soft cap and no specific obligations.

On the other hand, it show at least that the team has serious intentions to provide contributors with most guarantees possible.

It's like getting sec D approved. ICO team shows they've done their homework and have all intention to fulfill the project and meet the promises given.
I agree with your opinion. ICO escrow does not guarantee that the investors will get back their money in a hassle free manner, but it does indeed show that the team is serious about their project which is something I appreciate. There is an obvious risk involved here since the ICO can pack up and run away at any particular point of time which is why adequate research needs to be done before investing even if they are providing an escrow service. The ICOS that provide escrow services to investors are generally legit majority of the time which is reassuring.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Jahvinci

Activity: 335
Merit: 45

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 08:37:45 AM

I'm looking for a trustworthy ICO escrow. I'm putting my real name and even my face on my project. I am 100% legit, does anyone have advice on an affordable ICO escrow? Also, looking to get listed on an exchange to trade.

www.Motacoin.net - Launched March 18th, 2018 - Los Angeles based Cannabis Cryptocurrency!
www.Instagram.com/Motacoin | www.T.me/MotaCoin
www.Twitter.com/Motacoin_ | https://discord.gg/KMJrZZp
Kamelia

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:04:19 PM

I think much better to choose the big 3 if you seen 3 above monbux is one of the reputative here in forum and i think they do not do what you are thinking because they already dealing with high amount of bitcoin if you can check his trust feedback maybe it can help you to have idea what you will use as your escrow..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: