Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:52:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zuckerberg's nemeses revealed as Bitcoin moguls -> Winklevoss twins (oh no!!!!!)  (Read 2481 times)
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:00:41 PM

Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss have been many things in a short time: Olympic rowers. Nemeses of Mark Zuckerberg. Characters on The Simpsons. Now they can add a new label: bitcoin moguls.

http://www.smh.com.au/money/investing/zuckerbergs-nemeses-revealed-as-bitcoin-moguls-20130412-2hp5h.html

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:47:55 AM

I feel that these rich guys just buying up 1% of all Bitcoins kinda cheapens everything.

Oh well.
MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:20:14 AM

only sheeple wear suits
John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:54:33 PM

The publicity is good but these are not people I would want influencing the future of bitcoin.
Everything about their history shows them to be glory hunters.

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
bomboclat77

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:12:19 PM

LOL, olympic rowers!! More like huge dumb asses. They are some of the worst rowers I've ever seen.

gradient vector

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 01:36:58 AM

I feel that these rich guys just buying up 1% of all Bitcoins kinda cheapens everything.

Oh well.

Yeah, I like bitcoin better when it was just programmers and idealist but I guess this type of thing is necessary if bitcoin is going to change the world.
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 02:35:11 AM

Oh well.

Yeah, I like bitcoin better when it was just programmers and idealist but I guess this type of thing is necessary if bitcoin is going to change the world.

Bitcoin is out of the basement now, the public can now join in too. This only gives credibility to BTC. So what if they hold $11 Million in BTC, they are not the only ones with a horde of Bitcoins out there by a longshot, these two just happen to be publicly famous with the whole Facebook thing.

darkmule
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 03:12:40 AM

The Winkledouche twins were butthurt losers angry that they, two Harvard scions of WASP America, basically got pounded to pudding by a nerdy Jew. 

That said, it's a good sign when old money gets involved with new money.  I don't see how this is bad for Bitcoin any more than being adopted by any other prominent money guys.

Of course, it would be kind of a nuisance if they suddenly claimed they invented Bitcoin and try to sue Satoshi.
noedaRDH

Activity: 182

Finding Satoshi

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:39:19 AM

The Winkledouche twins were butthurt losers angry that they, two Harvard scions of WASP America, basically got pounded to pudding by a nerdy Jew. 

That said, it's a good sign when old money gets involved with new money.  I don't see how this is bad for Bitcoin any more than being adopted by any other prominent money guys.

Of course, it would be kind of a nuisance if they suddenly claimed they invented Bitcoin and try to sue Satoshi.

Except, Satoshi doesn't "exist".

1NwGKiLcAngD1KiCCivxT6EDJmyXMGqM9q

Ask not what Bitcoin can do for you - ask what you can do for Bitcoin.
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:40:45 AM

Except, Satoshi doesn't "exist".

A complete lack of legal merit has never stopped the Winkledouche twins from suing in the past.

Also, I note that my post was a joke.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:44:28 AM

That said, it's a good sign when old money gets involved with new money.  I don't see how this is bad for Bitcoin any more than being adopted by any other prominent money guys.

They are investing with new money, most of their wealth comes from Facebook.

Hmm, I actually think if they tried to attack the Bitcoin system with lawsuits (Because you can't really attack Satoshi) some large holders of Bitcoin would have them assassinated. There is now too much money at stake and some people are now holding $50,000,000 worth of Bitcoin, hordes which will one day make them billionaires. If rich kids start attacking Bitcoin they are simultaneously attacking everyone that holds Bitcoin. This is the type of thing that can start wars.

EDIT:
I want to note that if Bitcoin is around in 5 years and growing still, it will be like a religion and the very idea of Bitcoin could very well redefine the world, if not Bitcoin then the idea of a crypto-currency itself, a superior offshoot perhaps?

What Bitcoin has started may never be undone. Its out the box for better or worse, and the system has millions that are interested in its adoption. This kind of project is unprecedented and its ideologies like these that could start a war, if the ideology and the system was attacked.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:12:16 AM

To many haters in BTC community, don't forget why it was made is what I say.  I don't know anything about these guys minus what I've recently seen in "The Social Network".  But I like that they are coming out and showing support for BTC, hope it for the right reasons is all I care about.
Bushleaguer79

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:30:08 AM

only sheeple wear suits

https://i.imgur.com/hF0AzMJ.png
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:30:43 AM

Hmm, I actually think if they tried to attack the Bitcoin system with lawsuits (Because you can't really attack Satoshi) some large holders of Bitcoin would have them assassinated.

Do you realize that, as I pointed out earlier, this was a sarcastic reference to their bullshit claims of having invented Facebook?
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:34:01 AM

Hmm, I actually think if they tried to attack the Bitcoin system with lawsuits (Because you can't really attack Satoshi) some large holders of Bitcoin would have them assassinated.

Do you realize that, as I pointed out earlier, this was a sarcastic reference to their bullshit claims of having invented Facebook?

Sorry dude I wrote that when your post wasn't there, takes me a while to write posts here whilst I am doing a assignment. Smiley

Your sarcasm was too subtle!
theta

Activity: 164

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:50:51 AM

LOL  Grin
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 11:00:59 AM

LOL  Grin

One thing I've never been able to understand is how people with that much money and that much time could be so unproductive in life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: