Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:58:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best books about blockchain technology?  (Read 4391 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:27:19 PM

Thanks for sharing this, mate. It is a very good read, as it helps you understand Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. In an academic perspective, it aims to teach you deeply almost everything about the highly evolving technology underlying cryptocurrencies called the blockchain.

With these video lectures, and the book itself, you'll be able to expand your knowledge with cryptocurrencies, or get started with them if you're new to the field. Therefore, I highly recommend this material for newbies, and experienced users alike.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward for new and exciting blockchain books to add into my library. They will not only help me become a master of the technology, but also help serve as great educational tools for others to learn something new. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
LadderHero

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:01:26 PM

There are three books for people who want to learn more about blockchain technology and its applications: Blockchain Revolution by Don and Alex Tapscott; Blockchain by Melanie Swan and The Book of Satoshi by Phil Champagne.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:54:24 PM

I know that books most of the time are the best source of knowledge but when it comes to something that changes as fast as cryptocurrencies then I think it is better to avoid books, books cannot be updated as fast as any blog or forum can, so while books are a great tool to learn, in this particular case books seems to not be the best option.
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:56:45 PM

None is 100% perfect in the sense it covers everything and are totally clear to understand and with working software.
Best one I think is mastering Bitcoin, but of course it doesn't cover everything.
Lori_Cryptonetix

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:08:57 PM

There are also free online courses you can take to help improve the learning curve of the crypto currency world.
https://www.coursera.org/learn/cryptocurrency
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:32:12 PM

I know that books most of the time are the best source of knowledge but when it comes to something that changes as fast as cryptocurrencies then I think it is better to avoid books, books cannot be updated as fast as any blog or forum can, so while books are a great tool to learn, in this particular case books seems to not be the best option.

That is certainly true, mate. While there are many good books out there which help you know more about the blockchain, they won't be able to stay up to date at a quick rate unlike content published online.

Despite everything, it is always best to make your own research and self study about this revolutionary technology that is about to change the world as we know it. The blockchain underlies many complex subjects such as cryptography and mathematics, but if you manage to dominate these areas, then nothing should stop you from becoming a blockchain expert in the future.

One thing for sure, is that the more the blockchain industry grows, the more businesses and companies will join, making those people who are experienced in the field, highly demanded for the jobs of tomorrow. Just my opinion. Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Scriptonite

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:47:23 AM

https://news.coinify.com/10-books-about-blockchain-bitcoin/
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 03:20:28 PM

Thanks for sharing this list of books, mate. It gives a detailed explanation of the most essential books for anyone to get started with the blockchain technology.

I believe that books like Mastering Bitcoin, and Blockchain Revolution are ideal for anyone looking to become a blockchain expert as they explain the concepts of the same in an easy way for any average Joe to understand.

However, it is possible to look out for better resources in the web, as they're constantly updated to meet the needs of everyday people. Therefore, with proper education, anyone could become a blockchain expert towards building a better world in the future. Just my thoughts. Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
decryptionary

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:27:56 AM

I noticed that this is an older thread. But for any new guys who are looking to gain a basic understanding of crypto and their underlying technology, blockchain. I created a really simple website, Decryptionary.com

Decryptionary is the simplest crypto and blockchain resource. It includes a dictionary with 200+ definitions, word lists by subject, and visual walkthroughs to help them participate.

All of it is free, and there is no investment advice.
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:51:14 AM

I think you would be better off with the internet. Bitcointalk / github / wikipedia should have all the info you want.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:39:30 AM

You can find a lot of information on Blockchain technology via the internet.  There are also courses offered on Udemy which are very affordable.  Youtube is another good place to find videos on the subject.  I prefer visual learning over reading books.  Books on Blockchain technology can also be outdated pretty quick. 
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:45:00 AM

I have not yet seen a book about blockchain technology. I have not yet also seen a book about the cryptocurrency industry. They should start publishing this kinds of book so they can know about how useful or what kind of help this can offer us. Everything is on the internet about cryptocurrency and about the blockchain technology that we are using.
di_bit

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:49:06 PM

For the novice, there are some cool books, where this technology is considered in a nutshell. If interested, you should through these ones: 'Blockchain. Blueprint for a new economy' by Melanie Swan and 'The Fourth industrial revolution' by Klaus Schwab.
AravinthP

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:53:14 PM

Thank you ArcCsch and the thread creator, this is definitely going to help me. I wish i can give a merit point for this thread

I read a few books on Bitcoin, including:
Digital Gold by Nathaniel Popper
Virtual Billions by Eric Geissinger
However, they are mostly about the people who use Bitcoin, with little technical information.
I do, however, recommend this video series:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNcSSleedtfyDuhBvOQzFzQ
It is very informative and technical, mentions things like smart contracts and PoS, but is a little outdated, so don't expect to find any mention of recent events.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:06:46 PM

For the novice, there are some cool books, where this technology is considered in a nutshell. If interested, you should through these ones: 'Blockchain. Blueprint for a new economy' by Melanie Swan and 'The Fourth industrial revolution' by Klaus Schwab.

Honestly, these are the best books around which explain the blockchain technology thoroughly. They've helped me gain proper knowledge about how the blockchain works, and the benefits it provides to our society. Of course, you could find more information about all of this over the web, but these books are also good for studying when there is no internet around. Serving as a great educational tool for newbies, books like these allow anyone to gain a proper understanding of Bitcoin's underlying technology.

Nonetheless, there are other great books that explain everything about the blockchain such as "Blockchain Technology Explained" by Alan T. Norman, and "The Truth Machine: The Blockchain and the Future of Everything" by Michael J. Casey and Paul Vigna. This last one has not been released yet, but it is available for pre-order at Amazon. Since it has the same authors as "The Age of Cryptocurrency" book, I believe that it may be a good read towards expanding your knowledge about the blockchain.

Hopefully many people become educated by these books, and make better use of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in the mainstream world. Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:19:27 PM

1- On bitcoin there is the famous Andreas Antonopoulos book : “Mastering Bitcoin” which you can find here Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain: Andreas M. Antonopoulos: 9781491954386: Amazon.com: Books

2- On blockchain technology “Mastering Blockchain” by Imran Bashir you can buy from Amazon here Imran Bashir: Amazon.it: Kindle Store which is quite recent book (March 2017) and great for understanding blockchain technology starting from the distributed systems concepts and decentralized networks.

3- Cryptocurrencies in general and how the blockchain technology will impact our society you should read these books : “Money on Demand” you can find here Amazon.com: Books
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:02:39 PM

1- On bitcoin there is the famous Andreas Antonopoulos book : “Mastering Bitcoin” which you can find here Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain: Andreas M. Antonopoulos: 9781491954386: Amazon.com: Books

2- On blockchain technology “Mastering Blockchain” by Imran Bashir you can buy from Amazon here Imran Bashir: Amazon.it: Kindle Store which is quite recent book (March 2017) and great for understanding blockchain technology starting from the distributed systems concepts and decentralized networks.

3- Cryptocurrencies in general and how the blockchain technology will impact our society you should read these books : “Money on Demand” you can find here Amazon.com: Books

There is no doubt that these are the best books around which explain the blockchain technology thoroughly. Books that are written from Andreas Antonopoulos are especially a good read. Every release expands your knowledge not only about the blockchain but about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as well. With the rising popularity of cryptocurrencies, we might see a high demand of blockchain careers in the future. As such, those who read a lot of these blockchain books and other content around the web, will most likely become experts in the subject.

Things aside, there's another book which is worth reading and that one is called "Blockchain Basics" by Daniel Drescher. Of course, there is more info about this around the web, but books are great for reading when the is no internet access at all. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Elseye

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ApolloX

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:10:15 PM

I'm looking for the best books about blockchain technology that you would recommend me, that would help me expand my knowledge of Bitcoin's underlying technology.

I know that there are many books about the subject, but I want to know which books are the best that you would consider worth reading.

Any help would be greatly appreciated with this.  Smiley

Maybe it's not the best thing to say here, but it's better for you to search for some blochchain-programming courses, youtube channels, blogs and so on. The reason is that blockchain is a dynamic phenomena, and existing books are instantly becoming outdated...I so some, but they were suitable for total amateurs as a fun-reading, but not a developing thing.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:28:42 PM

Maybe it's not the best thing to say here, but it's better for you to search for some blochchain-programming courses, youtube channels, blogs and so on. The reason is that blockchain is a dynamic phenomena, and existing books are instantly becoming outdated...I so some, but they were suitable for total amateurs as a fun-reading, but not a developing thing.

Thanks for the tip, mate. I've found that online resources are the best when it comes to learning deeply about the blockchain towards becoming an expert in the future. Books are also great, but they won't be able to always provide you with the latest trends in the technology, leaving some concepts within them outdated. There are many good tutorials available online which can get you up to speed with learning how cryptocurrencies and the blockchain works.

If you head to YouTube, there are several good channels which teach you thoroughly about these subjects. BuriedOne, and IMineBlocks are my most favorite as they always provide how-tos for everything crypto.

Nevertheless, with all the vast information available across the web related to the blockchain, anyone can acquire the necessary knowledge to become an expert in the subject in the future. Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: