Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:47:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a crypto enthusiast? What has driven you into becoming one?  (Read 4630 times)
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:23:13 AM

I bought my first bitcoin's in May 2014, I bought regularly until I was happy with my stash & have HODL'D since (sold a few fairly recently but only a small % of my stash).

I was advised to invest by a wealthy client of mine & I'm very glad that I did. My cold storage stash is worth over 2.5 times than what I've spent & I hope that'll increase in value at least another 2 x

For me there are a lot of great aspects to Bitcoin and crypto.  The main one for me is that it can be moved at low cost internationally without government controls.
My main economic worries are about the central banks propping up a failed system, this can't or shouldn't be the case with Bitcoin.

The speculative side of Bitcoin is interesting, but is kind of missing the point. It is a lifestyle and political entity, but people really only want to pump it and dump it nowadays.
Yes, the fact we can move our bitcoin cheaply is a great feature but bitcoin offers lots of other imaginative ways to send money, for example you could send and encrypted email over the internet and give your private key to whoever you are sending your coins and they will have access to your coins, obviously this will need to be a trusted person but I hope you see my point.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 09:49:25 PM

My "crypto enthusiasm" comes from theoretical and practical considerations.

The most important reason I'm enthusiastic about BTC for now is that I think cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin can replace the current finance business. The actual finance business (banks and similar institutions) is, in my opinion, totally bloated and inefficient, charging high fees for trivial operations, and benefits a very small group of people.

With Bitcoin the first time we have the real chance to change this. We are giving "banking back to the people", using highly efficient and nearly fully-automated procedures. Advanced crypto features like smart contracts and assets can replace even traditional loaning completely if adoption continues to grow. A major drawback for now is volatility - so I'm looking for solutions for that particular problem.

Practically it does help me to make small international transactions, as I'm travelling often between countries. That's also why I consider the scalability problem important - it should continue to be possible to use BTC without prohibitive fees (My favourite approach for a solution, however, is a multi-blockchain environment, not so much a LN-dependant Bitcoin monopoly).

Thanks for sharing your experiences of what has made you become a crypto enthusiast. While Bitcoin has a huge advantage over traditional payment processors and ordinary banks, it still has some flaws that it needs to address before it can be considered as a mainstream currency. Scalability solutions like SegWit might bring positive changes to the ecosystem, but I believe that making sidechains alongside the Bitcoin blockchain would be a lot better.

If Bitcoin continues to improve over the days, then it may finally become a mainstream currency, and possibly replace fiat sometime in the future. One of the things that has greatly made me become a crypto enthusiast, is the freedom of having control of your own money without intervention from the outside world.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:03:02 PM

I have known Bitcoin since 2014, the technology of Bitcoin captured my interest and thus makes me explore more.  From that I am able to do that was almost impossible for me to do which is buying online items since, I do not have Credit cards or VC.  My paypal is unverified until now, I have it for more than 4 years.  Bitcoin really gives me a unique experience and give me a chance to know people from different country that has the same ideal like mine Smiley

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:19:58 PM

It was the time when i was going into the online money making tho i was seeing this payment option i dont have any idea about it. Until i saw my prof doing some cloudmining stuff. Actually he leave his pc on and on the blochain page and i saw a great amounts.

When i go home i started doing the research then leads me to this forum
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:25:25 PM

I've actually lost all enthusiasm for crypto recently.
Bitcoin, Monero, Ethereum, Factom and maybe one or two other coins will actually have a place a few years from now.
The rest are just garbage coins made as a get rich quick scheme. 99% of coins have no use, no advancements in technology and simply aren't worth wasting time or energy on.
I do like Burst. Its a cool idea at least.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 01:42:35 AM

Bitcoin, Monero, Ethereum, Factom and maybe one or two other coins will actually have a place a few years from now.
The rest are just garbage coins made as a get rich quick scheme. 99% of coins have no use, no advancements in technology and simply aren't worth wasting time or energy on.
Don't lose hope, that happens every time there is a new technology, do you remember the dot com bubble? There were lots of bogus business that had no way to become profitable but people bought them but thanks to that some good business came to fruition.
Maslate

Activity: 3038
Merit: 693

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 05:11:23 AM

Don't lose hope, that happens every time there is a new technology, do you remember the dot com bubble? There were lots of bogus business that had no way to become profitable but people bought them but thanks to that some good business came to fruition.
Being crypto enthusiast is like having a passion, we need to be smart, we cannot prevent the garbage coins from existing, with knowledge we can distinguish what is legitimate or not. At this moment, bitcoin is the most successful one and I believe altcoins will have their time. In general, once bitcoin will survive and continue its progress, we can expect a greater future for us and for our investment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:54:17 PM

Being crypto enthusiast is like having a passion, we need to be smart, we cannot prevent the garbage coins from existing, with knowledge we can distinguish what is legitimate or not. At this moment, bitcoin is the most successful one and I believe altcoins will have their time. In general, once bitcoin will survive and continue its progress, we can expect a greater future for us and for our investment.

Agree. As time goes by, and we explore Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, we expand our knowledge helping us to make good use of them, and prevent making a bad decision at some point in the future. Most people give up when dealing with cryptocurrencies, due to scams and many undesired situations like exchange hacks, but those who remain in it, can grow their experience and become not only a crypto enthusiast, but also an expert about cryptocurrencies.

Nevertheless, those who are passionate about crypto and blockchain technology, will aim to become very successful in the long term. Just sharing my thoughts.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:56:48 PM

Ever since Bitcoin showed up on 2009, I became curious about the digital currency and its underlying technology. At that time, it was very inexpensive and I thought that it was going nowhere.

It was no until late 2014, that I have decided to go deep into Bitcoin by researching its blockchain technology and using the digital currency itself for everyday transactions. I did get into Bitcoin earlier due to fear, uncertainity, and doubt, but if I had, I would've become a millionaire by now.

But still, it was better late than never and I decided to begin my journey into exploring and study blockchain ever since I have started on 2014. It was the amazing concept of the technology underlying Bitcoin that drove me into becoming a crypto enthusiast.

Nevertheless, I would like to know your story about how you became a crypto enthusiast and what has driven you into becoming one.  Smiley
Everyone who spend their time online heard about bitcoin by late 2011 and not 2009 because only a very few people know about that during that time and when i heard about it i never thought it would take off like this and i never expected that anyone would pay a dollar to get a coin which you are making through your computing power. Cheesy
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 11:11:32 PM

Yes I am a crypto enthusiast and what drives me to be one is that of the opportunity to earn. As a student , this really helps me to augment my allowance. Also I learn trading here and still learning new strategy to earn. This bitcoin really amazed me.
Well, there are many students here and I am very glad that you know how to make money earlier than most of the people. Bitcoin is awesome and it does provide a lot of opportunities for people to earn and obtain money on the internet by doing various kind of job. Therefore, keep making Bitcoin and you will be successful in the future
Bitcoin more than just a way to make money online
As far as i feel right now it has excellent feature as payment processor
You can do business online easier , compared when you have to use paypal or any other payment processor.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:23:06 PM

Bitcoin more than just a way to make money online
As far as i feel right now it has excellent feature as payment processor
You can do business online easier , compared when you have to use paypal or any other payment processor.

Exactly. It has many advantages than regular payment processors like the ability to have control of your own money, serve as a store of value, among many other exciting things. You can also apply BTC into every day devices such as vending machines, ATMs, and more in a much easier way than doing so with fiat. The possibilities are endless with Bitcoin, and it can prove itself to become a fierce rival against Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, and other payment processors. If it becomes scalable enough, it can handle lots of transaction throughput, making it more valuable than what it is right now.

That is why, I've been passionate about Bitcoin and blockchain technology, as it brings the power back to their users, in contrast to traditional banks and governments. I've been a crypto enthusiast ever since 2014, and I think that I will continue to do so, as long as Bitcoin and blockchain technology keep making strides in the mainstream world. Just sharing my thoughts.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
cryptoglenn

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:19:06 AM

I'm just new in crypto, but sooner I believe I can be one of those crypto enthusiast who gain large profit becasuse of crypto currency. But in order for me to do that I have to study a lot of things related to blockchain and alts.

Looking For Legit Sigcamp
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:13:27 AM

I like crypto and I am glad I had the chance to find about it. It is good to see my electronic wallet. I invested an amount and now I have more so this makes me enthusiast about it

The best is yet to come!
yonghaseo

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:45:41 AM

It was actually started with curiosity what is Bitcoin was. I heard almost every day with my friends as their daily topic. What inspires me to join is I asked first a question what is that means. Being resourceful in what they're doing I opened up with them to join. I think proper education can persuade someone to engage to bitcoin, how it helps, contribution provided and the uses especially ways to earn. Influence driven me to be a crypto enthusiast.

●●● XPETROLEUM | Building The Trust Oil Economy With Blockchain Technology ●●●
Visit : https://xpetroleum.com/
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:25:02 PM

I like crypto and I am glad I had the chance to find about it. It is good to see my electronic wallet. I invested an amount and now I have more so this makes me enthusiast about it

Me too. I was deeply intrigued into using cryptocurrencies, when I saw the numerous benefits it provides such as anonymity, freedom, and store of wealth. This has made me a crypto enthusiast over time, as I've become more interested into learning about new coins every day. The best part of crypto, is that most coins have a limited supply and huge demand, paving their way for their growth in value for years to come.

As cryptocurrencies can make you a lot of money, it will create more crypto enthusiasts as we know it. It's only a matter of time before most of the people in the world discover cryptocurrencies and become enthusiastic about them. Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
papklanters

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:25:38 PM

hallo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: