Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:17:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][No reservations] First coin of the X-Series: "Segments"  (Read 2276 times)
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 08:35:14 PM

Appreciate the quick information!  I will check out the thread and look forward to the auction and raffle sets, hopefully I catch them in time to bid/participate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zeroxal (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:35:09 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2017, 09:12:15 AM by Zeroxal

A few more pictures have been added to OP. Laser engraving the serials was a huge mistake in my opinion, serials look burnt and brown... Definitely going to change the serializing procedure next batch.

A quick update: the coins will be with me in the next few days, holograms will come the following week. Will update the thread with better photos once they arrive.
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:14:30 AM

Coins are with me now. I will shoot some pictures and update OP with them. Holograms will be here before March. I expect the coins to ship out in the beginning of March. I will also post another thread for the token sales.

Funding has been changed: only the full gold plated ones will be prefunded, the others will be preassembled.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 12:14:58 PM

Coins are with me now. I will shoot some pictures and update OP with them. Holograms will be here before March. I expect the coins to ship out in the beginning of March. I will also post another thread for the token sales.

Funding has been changed: only the full gold plated ones will be prefunded, the others will be preassembled.

oh so price per set goes down by 0.2 ?

Sounds interesting
so are they in boxes or acrylic slabs ?

Edit : I see they will  originally come in boxes but slabs can be chosen

What do you mean by the pouch ?
Also, can you tell which numbers have mark on them?
IronMarvel2

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:58:51 PM

Can we request the full gold to be non-funded??

I would also prefer a full set of non funded coins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BITCOIN-ENGRAVE - CUSTOM BITCOIN ENGRAVE | KEYCHAINS | BRACELETS | WALLETS | COINS
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:44:46 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2017, 03:09:59 PM by Zeroxal

As per request none of the coins will be funded.
Upon further inspection I noticed some gold highlighting from the coins have come off, once again not sure if it was the manufacturers or the customs fault. I have contacted the manufacturer regarding the matter, they told me that the coins might have gotten to much direct light outside of the capsule.

I'm sure I'll never use this manufacturer ever again. A huge disaster.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:50:28 PM

Upon further inspection I noticed some gold highlighting from the coins have come off, once again not sure if it was the manufacturers or the customs fault. I have contacted the manufacturer regarding the matter, they told me that the coins might have gotten to much direct light outside of the capsule.

Sorry to hear about the manufacturer, that blows.

But we will still be looking forward to your coins Smiley

thanks!

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
BitcoinPenny
aka CJBianco
Legendary

Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 09:26:28 PM

Direct sunlight will ruin the gold-plating on a coin? Didn't know that. (You learn something new everyday, right?)

Really, how long could the coins have been exposed to direct sunlight in the short time between minting and packaging? It's very hard to believe that a mint employee would lug the box of coins outside, spread them out in a single layer on the back steps, and leave them to bake in the sunlight all afternoon. I'm inclined to think the fault is not sunlight, but poor quality control inside the mint. (But I could be wrong. Often am.)

Hopefully, the mint will fix everything soon.

Regards,
Me

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 05:51:15 AM

Noticed another major flaw:
The back and front of the coin aren't aligned properly. The coin looks a bit off in the acrylic frame...

I'll upload some pictures tomorrow and I'll let you judge yourself.
But all in all the coins look amazing in person, you get to see the coin very differently at every angle. I'll try my best time  to capture the best possible photo showing it's beauty.

I'm very sorry for this mess. The manufacturer is trying to push all the responsibilities to import customs check.
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 06:12:28 AM

Noticed another major flaw:
The back and front of the coin aren't aligned properly. The coin looks a bit off in the acrylic frame...

I'll upload some pictures tomorrow and I'll let you judge yourself.
But all in all the coins look amazing in person, you get to see the coin very differently at every angle. I'll try my best time  to capture the best possible photo showing it's beauty.

I'm very sorry for this mess. The manufacturer is trying to push all the responsibilities to import customs check.

let me know when you want the pro photos and 3d images Smiley

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 06:41:47 PM

I agree with BPC and think that sucks they are pushing responsibility over to the import customs check.   Cry

Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 03:09:29 PM

OP has been updated with some quick pictures of the DIY token and the coin. I didn't have much time to photograph them, so I apologize for the ultra low quality photos. I didn't take the silver ones out of the capsule due to the current discussion between me and manufacturer, I don't want them to blame me for not handling the coins properly and therefore causing imperfections on the coin.
I'm still waiting for the holograms to get manufacturered, they told me that they will be with me before March.
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:24:53 PM

Are the new pictures in the OP of a black/ gold and black/ silver coin.....   
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 04:11:37 PM

Holograms have arrived. I will assemble the first coins and post a photo afterwards Smiley
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 05:44:08 PM

Holograms have arrived. I will assemble the first coins and post a photo afterwards Smiley

sounds good

holograms are really nice, will love to see them in pics
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 05:41:49 PM

sounds good

holograms are really nice, will love to see them in pics

Thank you!
I am currently getting the keys printed and are figuring out a way to have both durable and detailed print quality. But I think I will use a standard inkjet printing along with a coating spray to fix the ink to the paper.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: