Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:34:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2x is dead, long live Bitcoin  (Read 4471 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
super5star

Activity: 313
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:57:47 AM

Good to see that Bitcoin has managed to cross this obstacle, it's a great sign for the future if governments and other entities start throwing it under the bus. The team behind 2x was very irresponsible throughout the entire thing.. Even canceling it just a few days before it actually happened was shady as heck.

Now we wait and hope we get some scaling solutions in the very near future, with consensus.
They knew it well that bitcoin is progressing with high speed, people are favoring it and are getting more into bitcoin and trying to make money with it so that they can secure their future, they need some time to come with new plans and push bitcoin down, but it won't happen in my view because people are not going to leave bitcoin now no matter what happens
illdyking

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:07:43 AM

Is it not quite obvoius that Bitcoin is in dire need of a update?

As i understand it bitcoin can only handle 2000 transactions every 10minutes, Globaly. This sounds like a very low amount. I imagine a future where i got a Visa card with bitcoins. In that future there must be like 1 miljon transactions every 10mintues.
Already now we have a problem with transactions, if segwit2x where implementet, it would only raise the cap to 4000, which only would of solved the problem for a short period.

What's the plan to fix this? How could there be a future for bitcoin if this is not fixed? Im currently invested with 2BTC, and for me this is the biggest worry for bitcoin.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 11:28:27 AM

As i understand it bitcoin can only handle 2000 transactions every 10minutes, Globaly. This sounds like a very low amount. I imagine a future where i got a Visa card with bitcoins. In that future there must be like 1 miljon transactions every 10mintues.
Already now we have a problem with transactions, if segwit2x where implementet, it would only raise the cap to 4000, which only would of solved the problem for a short period.

What's the plan to fix this? How could there be a future for bitcoin if this is not fixed? Im currently invested with 2BTC, and for me this is the biggest worry for bitcoin.
The plan is LN https://lightning.network/ Which will be ready soon™
It will make big blockers look like relics of a forgotten past.
Changes like these take time and testing you don't want to rush things when you're dealing with something that hold billions of people's dollars.

Cryptelo

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 11:35:33 AM

Really hope that another big blockers attacks occur again, and bitcoin stays strong. GOOD NEWS
illdyking

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:48:29 PM

Changes like these take time and testing you don't want to rush things when you're dealing with something that hold billions of people's dollars.

This seems great and a much better solution then segwit2x! Thanks!
Lauda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 06:17:37 PM

That is not the plan. This is the plan:
a) Signature aggregation + Schnorr.
b) Sidechains.
c) Lightning Network
d) Minor block size increase coupled with a hard fork that fixes some old bugs and makes optimizations where possible.
e) Weak blocks.
f) Other various improvements to come.

A normal block size before any of these is just a bad joke and a huge sign of incompetence. This shouldn't be surprising to anyone as Gavin, Jeff, Thomas nor Peter do not even have comparable skills to the Bitcoin Core developers and could never come up with something as sig. aggregation (note: This will give us more transactions per block using the same resources).

Bitcoin can already process a lot more than it is doing. Whilst the recommended fee-rate was 500-750 satoshi/byte for normal transaction, my Segwit transactions went into the next block with a fee-rate of 150 satoshi/byte or lower.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shillberting

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:52:12 PM

It is unfortunate it needed so much time to realize but at least Segwit 2x did when they did and now they gave up and went home weee. Amen long live the one and only true king!! BTC hail you we do !
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:50:14 PM

Bitcoin remains the king of all cryptocurrencies much as they try much as they will fall. We are heading beyond $20,000 after all market sentiments that warrants the retracing that was noted in BTC movement.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: