Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:24:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: avl asic  (Read 2676 times)
big pete (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:52:25 PM

hey guys

long time lurker, first time poster

i've got an avl asic got lucky and ordered early batch one

to be honest NOT IMPRESSED, yeah i cant make one point twenty one jigga watts, but what the hell am i ment to do with it after this rush is over

plus the btc price changes up and down every 5 seconds

i also got a rig with a 7970, and i just ordered a couple of 7990's to upgrade my rig ... with that, i can play games and when im not gaming i can make some btc's

but the question is what the hell am i ment to do with the asic in 6 months time when its a paperweight?
what the hell is the point of mining coins when its $300 a coin and half a day later its $30?

sorry to be a downer, but with all the dos attacks, and unstablity... im kinda wonder why to bother with this thing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:57:32 PM

Keep mining... when it goes back up to $266 sell em all and retire.

As for it being a paperweight if you really don't want the hassle auction it off... still bet you get a pretty penny for it.

I don't see the issue really but then again there is value in BTC whether it is 266 one day and $50 the next.

I'd prefer to have an Avalon humming away as opposed to the few X6500's and the 7970 I put into my PC for the kids.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
big pete (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:09:45 PM

As for it being a paperweight if you really don't want the hassle auction it off... still bet you get a pretty penny for it.

I don't see the issue really but then again there is value in BTC whether it is 266 one day and $50 the next.

I'd prefer to have an Avalon humming away as opposed to the few X6500's and the 7970 I put into my PC for the kids.

dude, even if they go back up to $266 some russians will dos it and i wont be able to get the order out in time

as you said at least with a 7970 u can play games when your not using it

it would be nice if with the asic i could somehow hook it up as a gaming card and have some fun with it, but the fact is, its gunna make a ton of btc's now, which might be worth $300 tonight, and might be worth $1 by the time the order is filled.

sorry if it sounds like im having a rant but ive not had a good luck in my life and just when i thought i had a money making machine the shit becoming as unstable as a 7970 on 1400 with no cooling

ive expressed my concerns to some members i know here by pm, but the fact is ... being asic, or a 7970, and old laptop running cpu mining whats the point if it go's from $300-$3?  i mean, we all got bills to pay where do we really all stand with this?  where is the market going to stabilise?  can mtgox stay online for longer than it take me to eat a big mac? Huh? ...etc
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:46:11 PM

take a chill pill

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:48:17 PM

If you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands for 10 bucks.
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:58:40 PM

Sell it. To me.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:10:55 PM

sorry if it sounds like im having a rant but ive not had a good luck in my life and just when i thought i had a money making machine the shit becoming as unstable as a 7970 on 1400 with no cooling

Hold on here. Are you complaining that the Avalon mining unit is unstable as well? How so? If this is an issue you are having please post in the Avalon users thread. Holy nerd rage about the btc price does not belong in the custom hardware section. I do believe there is a speculation thread/section. You can vent there Smiley

Happy mining!

Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:15:44 PM

Meh. At the current exchange rate you're still going to make your ROI in a couple of days. If after that you want to sell it, let me know. Been mining since 2011, there are ups and downs, I weather the downs for the ups.
batt01

Activity: 279

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:26:58 PM

I have a brand new 7970 unopened in the box. Plus 2k usd. It seems not being able to play games on your miner is a deal breaker. But wait, there is more. I will throw in two Level 90 WOW characters a Shadow Priest and a Death Knight. Grin

Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:35:52 PM

hey guys

long time lurker, first time poster

i've got an avl asic got lucky and ordered early batch one

to be honest NOT IMPRESSED, yeah i cant make one point twenty one jigga watts, but what the hell am i ment to do with it after this rush is over

plus the btc price changes up and down every 5 seconds

i also got a rig with a 7970, and i just ordered a couple of 7990's to upgrade my rig ... with that, i can play games and when im not gaming i can make some btc's

but the question is what the hell am i ment to do with the asic in 6 months time when its a paperweight?
what the hell is the point of mining coins when its $300 a coin and half a day later its $30?

sorry to be a downer, but with all the dos attacks, and unstablity... im kinda wonder why to bother with this thing?

Maybe you should think about doing something else.  If you are only in this for some arbitrary price, then I would suggest that your in Bitcoin mining for the wrong reason.  Yes an incentive to keep mining is needed but this is not a get rich quick scheme.  Many of us are truly committed to building an alternative currency and store of wealth.   This is be a long road and this is just the start of the issues and challenges we will face.   You should sit back and reflect what does Bitcoin mean to you?

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
big pete (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:34:10 PM

If you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands for 10 bucks.

10 bucks or ten btc?

because with one i can buy ten hamburgers tomorrow and with the other i can buy either 10 hamburgers and or 10 ferarris depending on the hour of the day, the russian, and weather mt gox is online or not

Hold on here. Are you complaining that the Avalon mining unit is unstable as well? How so? If this is an issue you are having please post in the Avalon users thread. Holy nerd rage about the btc price does not belong in the custom hardware section. I do believe there is a speculation thread/section. You can vent there Smiley

Happy mining!

the unit itself it relatively stable (has crashed twice in the last week and a half) but whats the point if on min its making me $900 a day and the next its making $9

I have a brand new 7970 unopened in the box. Plus 2k usd. It seems not being able to play games on your miner is a deal breaker. But wait, there is more. I will throw in two Level 90 WOW characters a Shadow Priest and a Death Knight. Grin

how would this compare to a train?  Which i could also afford?

Maybe you should think about doing something else.  If you are only in this for some arbitrary price, then I would suggest that your in Bitcoin mining for the wrong reason.  Yes an incentive to keep mining is needed but this is not a get rich quick scheme.  Many of us are truly committed to building an alternative currency and store of wealth.   This is be a long road and this is just the start of the issues and challenges we will face.   You should sit back and reflect what does Bitcoin mean to you?

thats the whole point of this thread dude, im in this for cash, there is none, i want out

its like earning a million dollars a week but the ATM machine you cash out of is offline 23.5 hours a day and takes 4 hours to dispense funds

as much as we all like to sit here and say "were making the future a better place" "were decentralizing money away from THA MAN"

the real question is are we doing either?  the future is now controlled by hackers who either hack your account once you got a ton of money in it, and "THA MAN" has ben replaced by russian techno hit squads that that manipulate the currency at a whim and a command to a botnet
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:42:09 PM

the unit itself it relitively stable (has crashed twice in the last week and a half) but whats the point if on min its making me $900 a day and the next its making $9

Don't feed the troll guys. Either this guy does not have an Avalon or has no idea what he's talking about. Right now they are still making over $300/day and would have already made an INSANE ROI during the bubble...
big pete (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:51:47 PM

the unit itself it relitively stable (has crashed twice in the last week and a half) but whats the point if on min its making me $900 a day and the next its making $9

Don't feed the troll guys. Either this guy does not have an Avalon or has no idea what he's talking about. Right now they are still making over $300/day and would have already made an INSANE ROI during the bubble...

your missing the point princess

money is only worth money if you have it in your hand and can use it to buy stuff.

if you want a page that says your earning a million dollars a day, then, your a smart guy... whip one up and wack off to it

how many people were actually able to execute sell orders when the bubble was at max???
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:12:08 PM

The thing is worth what 20K or 30K what did they go for at auction... versus putting 4.3914 BTC on ice every day valued at what $80 USD right now? That is 80K this year about. Cripes just continually sell the coins you make 1 every 6 hours.

I don't know about you if you can put nearly 1000 BTC in a wallet this year and wait what 1 year or 2 maybe 3... I bet you'd regret it more selling it than the $100,000 BTC pizza guy did.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
jermwerty

Activity: 472

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:19:53 PM

Troll.  Anyone who has an Avalon today bought it when BTC was $10-ish.

I got into BTC after the "first" crash that hit $30+ in 2011.

I thought I'd never see past $30 again.  Since then I mined 700+ coins, sold most of them for $5-15.  My last 10% I sunk into Avalons.

My last two coins I sold were:  3/18 - $40 then 4/10 - $232. 

I'm happy!  Currently BTC is 2x what it was a month ago!  This 10x increase BS was a bubble.  But guess what, now I am sure it will return - if I have to wait two years I will!

When I get my Avalons I am holding the coins.  Next time I'll make enough to actually pay off the house!
Marrs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:23:37 PM

If you don't think there's a point to owning it, sell it on Ebay with a Paypal payment. Put the link to your auction here. I'm sure there are lots of interested bidders.
big pete (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:35:45 PM

every single one that has hit ebay auction has been a scam

im not interested in being the latest scamer, if i was i'd just list there and sell 10 invisible units for $50k a day

i got one... i dont want it... this game is unstable...

i paid $1500 for it

if i can double tripple or whatever my money im ahead

if in a years time a btc is worth $10000 then i lose and someone else wins... if in a year a btc is worth $0.001 cents then i win and someone else loose

hows that not a fair bet?
ftping

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

200 OK

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:09:56 PM

OP, are you a moron? How are you not making money with that thing? 63 GH/s will get you at least $300 a day right now. If you can't sell on Gox, sell on a different market. $300 a day is EASILY enough to live off of.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:15:50 PM

please please someone move this post.  It insults all intelligence..  Most people would kill for a batch #1, even #2.  $300 a day isn't to shabby.  I'll give you 10k for it right now.  If your not happy with the results.
Regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
StringTheory

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Making Sense of Things

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:18:36 PM

I don't see any point that you're making, unless this post was just to declare your apathy and frustration (not sure why though).

Successful Transactions: jayson3 +1
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: