Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:06:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone "Day Trade" Bitcoin  (Read 13279 times)
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 03:15:24 PM

It's not worth it, just stick to buying and holding, if you believe in bitcoin long term, it's the only way to make solid gains. Look at what happened today, it's like someone cut the graph with a knife, 90 degree freefall out of nowhere, only because of chinese shenanigans. You can't predict those, day traders can lose a lot of money in situations like this, if you had a long position you got fucked hard today, theres no other way to put it.

yeah but still many are day trading bitcoin specially these days that prices are so volatile, traders are killing it or getting killed based on how much experience they have got.
and most of the times when day trading it comes to how quickly you can act on some news, rather than being able to predict things although that helps.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 03:34:13 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone buys and sells bitcoin like a day trader. Like maybe watching for a small gain, selling a few, watching for a small dip, buying back more from what you just sold, and so on.

Are there any reliable sites for this?

Thanks in advance for all who offer insightful advice.
I think there are many day traders and they hold both long term and short term investment. They do day trading just to meet out their daily and house hold expenses and they also hold long term investment just for more profit in future.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 05:39:17 PM

Yes, I've been day trading the btc/usd currency pair for about four years now. I began by using BTCe but recently moved to simplefx.com because it's so easy and much faster. People are making small fortunes day trading the volatility of Bitcoin. Especially since the Chinese became heavily involved. Currently it's bitcoins best use and purpose.

https://simplefx.com/dashboard/

Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:27:33 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone buys and sells bitcoin like a day trader. Like maybe watching for a small gain, selling a few, watching for a small dip, buying back more from what you just sold, and so on.

I'm not a day trader but I know there are a lot of traders that are doing this. They are more of daily profits rather than longer and higher profit.

For sure those traders have ample time to manage their day to day trade and they can monitor each alt coins that they bought.

It can be effective if you are jobless but for people like me that can't monitor their trades on a daily basis, this is not recommendable.

Well I'm unemployed so... how steep is the learning curve for trading? Can you suggest reliable sites on where to learn about this? And how much bitcoin would I need as startup?
Hammerschmidt (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:04:44 PM

Well I'm unemployed so... how steep is the learning curve for trading? Can you suggest reliable sites on where to learn about this? And how much bitcoin would I need as startup?

Well as long as you understand the difference between higher and lower numbers in base-10, you have all the skills you need Smiley

Buy low, sell higher, repeat.

Just don't buy in for more than you can spare. Don't put the rent/mortgage money in there.

I started with half a bitcoin. Now I'm all the way up to 8.

Smiley
valley365

Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:10:21 PM

I guess day trading is very tough, this is possibly like trading a stock option on daily basis, unless you are really a professional and can watch it all the time and have a good sense, it will be very difficult to do.
Taksonas

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:37:07 PM

Never did this but I also think that its way too risky to do because of the fact that you can lose insane amounts real fast.
pinkflower

Merit: 259

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:09:54 AM

From what I noticed, I can tell you that bitcoin day trading is only really profitable if you have access to bitcoin exchanges located in exotic places.
What I mean by that: on Indian, African, European and Chinese exchanges price usually differs greatly. At some point it might reach even 20%
So if you can establish Indian, African <=> western bitcoin trading - the profits are there.

Are you talking about arbitrage? I dont think there are that many traders that do it. Just look at the price of BTC in all the exchanges and look at the difference. If there were many traders doing arbitrage then all the BTC exchanges all over the world will have almost the same prices of BTC. The difference will be very small.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 08:01:07 AM

From what I noticed, I can tell you that bitcoin day trading is only really profitable if you have access to bitcoin exchanges located in exotic places.
What I mean by that: on Indian, African, European and Chinese exchanges price usually differs greatly. At some point it might reach even 20%
So if you can establish Indian, African <=> western bitcoin trading - the profits are there.

Are you talking about arbitrage? I dont think there are that many traders that do it. Just look at the price of BTC in all the exchanges and look at the difference. If there were many traders doing arbitrage then all the BTC exchanges all over the world will have almost the same prices of BTC. The difference will be very small.

what he is saying is not exactly arbitrage but a similar method like it.
it comes from the fact that in those countries like India there aren't that many good places that you can find and buy bitcoin from and in a certain period of time there was limitation on people banks and how much they could withdraw so they needed other methods and started using localbitcoins ,... so price went up.
and if someone can buy with USD and sell to Indian Rupies (?) they can make a good profit but that is not day trading and it is not an always thing.

Only Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:10:22 AM

I do trading but not for everyday, I'm still learning to gain experience from it. I start from do thru MT4 platform, it's make easier for do an analyze, also there are a demo which you can learn with real-time trading, I used simpleFX.com for it.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:19:14 AM

There are for sure a group that has time and money to play bitcoin daily trades, this requires a lot time and dedication, but there is the gold eggs here as well, forex is one way to maximize this daily earnings. Since i dont have enought time for such adventure i do some small trades along the week.
marcoman22

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:24:06 PM

Most traders who want profits in short term do day trade. They do their sale even at small margins. They do trading frequently. But the fees charged by exchange per trade should also be considered if the investment is small. Mostly, day trade gives more benefits in altcoins since the price is highly fluctuating.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:38:41 PM

Most traders who want profits in short term do day trade. They do their sale even at small margins. They do trading frequently. But the fees charged by exchange per trade should also be considered if the investment is small. Mostly, day trade gives more benefits in altcoins since the price is highly fluctuating.
those who have a lots of btc can do day trade as fluctuations really benefiting traders just needed to have big funds for this and good assessment making correct entry will already give you good profits if you have a huge capital.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:54:02 PM

Ofcourse there are day traders in bitcoin too, they buy bitcoins and wait for the price to go a little higher and they sell them back to earn a few bucks and they again wait for it to drop some bucks and they do the same thing again, though it can be profitable sometimes when the price stays quite stable but mostly it is not good because if the price starts growing then it just keeps growing and if it starts dropping then it keeps dropping like now.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 06:11:22 PM

Hello everyone,

Daily traders get small and big profits depends on their funds. How much capital you have, if you don't mind to share?
You may try to search local exchanges in your country in order to make easier transaction among members.
If you want to register on some famous exchanges such as coinbase, bitstamp, itbit, btc-e or bitfinex, there are a lot of them.
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 06:15:22 PM

I used to day trade on bitstamp. It was a good experience but the profits were marginal. Its not often that BTC goes up exponentially but goes down steeply a lot more than going up. Couldn't find time for it as I couldnt make good money out of it. Felt it wasnt worth the time/effort.

fikihafana

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:21:07 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm full day trader in cryptocurrency, i combined between bitcoin and altcoin. So far i got more profit from altcoin if bitcoin price not increase. for now, i used polonix, bittrex, btc-e to trade daily
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 11:45:30 PM

You might want to visit https://btc-e.com/

Thanks! I love the layout. Do you use this site for your trades?
DOGE12321

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 11:50:21 PM

Hello everyone,

Yeah. There are hundreds of day-traders on this forum. However, it is not very profitable unless one possess a vast amount of Bitcoin.

As for sites, I sometimes use Kraken and Yobit.
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 12:53:22 AM

Yeah. There are hundreds of day-traders on this forum. However, it is not very profitable unless one possess a vast amount of Bitcoin.

As for sites, I sometimes use Kraken and Yobit.

You don't need a big stash of BTC to make a nice chunk of money day trading. I think everyone is thinking too much like a stock INVESTOR (buy many cheap shares, sell many at price-sell trigger) and not a VOLATILE commodities trader (make even 2% gains over and over then double your investment after only 36 trades).

Day trading loves the law of compounding interest. A simplified version is the "rule of 72." Take the gain percentage (say 4%) and put it in the denominator with 72 as the numerator. This is approximately the number of similar trades it will take to double the starting amount.

72/4 = 18
1.04 x 1.04 x 1.04 ... 18 times is 2.0258 etc.

Of course BTC prices won't swing in 4% pluses and minuses for you, so you look for smaller swings, even 1%. And, don't put your entire bankroll at risk. Use maybe a quarter of it. It will take 72 trades at 1% to double the amount you're trading with. 2 trades a day for a little more than a month.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: