Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:45:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone "Day Trade" Bitcoin  (Read 13286 times)
CryptoUser25

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:19:46 AM

Never done that and I also do not think its very profitable maybe back in the days it has been done more most likely it did but I think its nowadays too risky.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:39:21 AM

Yes, there are a lot of people who do this in trading platform and exchanges. Unlike in stock market day trading, day traders do it in just the trading hours, here in the crypto-world they do it 24/7. They even made bots to do it. They buy low and sell a bit higher like around 1-2%. So, I guess you could consider that as day trading.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 06:43:12 AM

From what I noticed, I can tell you that bitcoin day trading is only really profitable if you have access to bitcoin exchanges located in exotic places.
What I mean by that: on Indian, African, European and Chinese exchanges price usually differs greatly. At some point it might reach even 20%
So if you can establish Indian, African <=> western bitcoin trading - the profits are there.

Are you talking about arbitrage? I dont think there are that many traders that do it. Just look at the price of BTC in all the exchanges and look at the difference. If there were many traders doing arbitrage then all the BTC exchanges all over the world will have almost the same prices of BTC. The difference will be very small.

what he is saying is not exactly arbitrage but a similar method like it.
it comes from the fact that in those countries like India there aren't that many good places that you can find and buy bitcoin from and in a certain period of time there was limitation on people banks and how much they could withdraw so they needed other methods and started using localbitcoins ,... so price went up.
and if someone can buy with USD and sell to Indian Rupies (?) they can make a good profit but that is not day trading and it is not an always thing.

That sounds like arbitrage. If there were many traders doing this then the market involved will be very efficient. Looking at the state of the market now is proof that not many traders are doing arbitrage trading that requires the use of BTC.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:25:49 AM

Well I'm unemployed so... how steep is the learning curve for trading? Can you suggest reliable sites on where to learn about this? And how much bitcoin would I need as startup?

Well as long as you understand the difference between higher and lower numbers in base-10, you have all the skills you need Smiley

Buy low, sell higher, repeat.

Just don't buy in for more than you can spare. Don't put the rent/mortgage money in there.

I started with half a bitcoin. Now I'm all the way up to 8.

Smiley

Is there any exchange you can suggest for those just beginning with trading? I've seen my cousin use Yobit but he said he just use it to play dice and he's not really doing any trade.

BTW, congratulations on getting to BTC8. Smiley  How many months did it take you to grow your BTC0.5?
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:50:24 AM

Yes, there are a lot of people who do this in trading platform and exchanges. Unlike in stock market day trading, day traders do it in just the trading hours, here in the crypto-world they do it 24/7. They even made bots to do it. They buy low and sell a bit higher like around 1-2%. So, I guess you could consider that as day trading.
yeah the bitcoin volatile make people really recognized it's as their favorite stuff to trade daily. don't need to get a lot of profit, small but steady . do it repeatedly. but of course it's doesn't mean so easy to do day trading , even bot could lead you to broke. just be safe using bot.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Hammerschmidt (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:14:44 PM

Well I'm unemployed so... how steep is the learning curve for trading? Can you suggest reliable sites on where to learn about this? And how much bitcoin would I need as startup?

Well as long as you understand the difference between higher and lower numbers in base-10, you have all the skills you need Smiley

Buy low, sell higher, repeat.

Just don't buy in for more than you can spare. Don't put the rent/mortgage money in there.

I started with half a bitcoin. Now I'm all the way up to 8.

Smiley

Is there any exchange you can suggest for those just beginning with trading? I've seen my cousin use Yobit but he said he just use it to play dice and he's not really doing any trade.

BTW, congratulations on getting to BTC8. Smiley  How many months did it take you to grow your BTC0.5?

Thanks. I purchase BTC along the way, that wasn't a 16x rollover. Still this is now my 2nd year.
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:45:22 PM

There are lots of day trade actually, sometimes in the past I did that especially if I need money much.
It is not bad they are just being practical, don't wanting to lose money. When I am starting trading what I do is when I see the price goes up I get the profit  even in small amount and retain my capital.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:57:06 PM

The fastest way to lose money is via day trading. My friend was trying to get some money the other day sailing the 900 ish stable price, then he woke up and he saw how the price plumeted to mid 700's. He panicked hard since he was holding BTC, so he sold, and then it went up again. Now he needs the price to go under 700 or he will not be able to buy back again without a loss.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 06:10:00 PM

i do not think that most of the people may be practicing it, because to me most of the people who are using bitcoin consider it as their secondary profit and most of them use bitcoin after coming back from tier job or business.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 06:33:12 PM

The fastest way to lose money is via day trading. My friend was trying to get some money the other day sailing the 900 ish stable price, then he woke up and he saw how the price plumeted to mid 700's. He panicked hard since he was holding BTC, so he sold, and then it went up again. Now he needs the price to go under 700 or he will not be able to buy back again without a loss.

That is the textbook way to lose everything. I never use over 10% of my BTC bankroll and bank account bankroll on any given price swing. Oversimplified example, but similar to how I rode the downturn:

Bank account = $6000
BTC account = 8.0
Last buy = 0.1 BTC at $900

Price drop to $880

Buy 0.1 BTC for $88
Bank = $5912
BTC account = 8.1

Price drop to $860
Buy 0.1 BTC for $86
Bank = $5826
BTC = 8.2

Price rise to $870
Hold

Price drop to $850
Buy 0.1 BTC at $85
Bank = $5741
BTC = 8.3

Price rise to $865
Sell 0.05 BTC for $43.25

Bank = $5784.25
BTC = 8.25

And so on.

The idea is to sample the change in price, and make decisions based on that.

Now I have 0.25 BTC to sell with BTC > $865 for a profit, and most of my 8.0 were purchased below $600.
Flanagan

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 06:51:14 PM

Before you begin you need to know that:

Over 90% of traders lose money (any market).
You are basically competing with the best mathematicians in the world and their hardware.

Having said that, since you are going to trade anyway, good luck and enjoy your losses ! Grin

Learn to listen, listen to learn.
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 07:28:51 PM

Before you begin you need to know that:

Over 90% of traders lose money (any market).
You are basically competing with the best mathematicians in the world and their hardware.

Having said that, since you are going to trade anyway, good luck and enjoy your losses ! Grin

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm in my second year of doing this. You don't need any math beyond 1st year calculus and an understanding of first and second derivatives. Most smart high school seniors and any freshman science or engineering major will possess the skills to mitigate losses and make steady progress.

By my charting, 2.9 BTC of my 8.0 were accumulated profits over a span of call it 18 months. Not sophisticated trading. Just understanding the rate of change and rate of rate of change indicators, and keeping track of each small piece of BTC and what was paid for it.

If I were to give an appropriate metaphor, imagine a jigsaw puzzle fully completed, and on the back was a different BTC amount and what was paid for it. Any trade to follow that is a sell, select only those pieces with smaller purchase BTC. You can see how this turns the "mystique" of it all into a game a child could play.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 02:27:35 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone buys and sells bitcoin like a day trader. Like maybe watching for a small gain, selling a few, watching for a small dip, buying back more from what you just sold, and so on.

Are there any reliable sites for this?

Thanks in advance for all who offer insightful advice.
Yup there are many Dau traders, actually depend on the strategy of trading on every traders,
usually days traders can be called scalpers they use time prime for trading 5M-30M in candle chat,
 that is ways suitable for the traders whom has much time because they must look at monitor of computer.

Many websites are reliable for trading, for trading altcoins you can use poloniex, bittrex, youbit and other and
for trading bitcoins to fiat you can use Kraken, bitstamp, huobi, and other depend on your residence.
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 02:30:37 AM

I am one of those who do this, but I am not good at it.  i tend to loose more than what i gain.  I like the exchanges where I can sell short, then I do better than what I do when I buy to hold and sell on a move.  There are not many exchanges like that on here that i have sound yet. 

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀