Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:09:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting taxation in the blockchain.  (Read 941 times)
n4poleon (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 05:18:33 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2017, 10:33:12 PM by n4poleon

What are your thoughts about putting taxation in the blockchain, blockchain with the characteristics we know - immutable, transparent, secure etc?

Edit: perhaps I wasn't very clear, I wasn't pertaining an added tax on top of blockchain transactions. But writing the tax data into the blockchain. Imagine, you'll be able to monitor your income tax through a block explorer and to where it is heading. Or be able to vote on which project your contribution will be spent? And so on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 05:57:31 AM

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 08:58:27 AM

Are we not already paying enough charges for using blockchain? taxation is not necessary
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 10:23:19 AM

What are your thoughts about putting taxation in the blockchain, blockchain with the characteristics we know - immutable, transparent, secure etc?

Taxation? That only applies to a system which consists of a Government which means centralized and its pointless when you add it. Unless you want to add some burden in your crypto wallet lmao
VTCutch

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 10:44:28 AM

Taxation? That only applies to a system which consists of a Government which means centralized and its pointless when you add it. Unless you want to add some burden in your crypto wallet lmao
Taxation deals with the government. Considering the fact that to monetize bitcoins, you have to transfer it to another currency of a state have the right and ability to impose your income in bitcoins tax.
n4poleon (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 11:53:14 AM

Are we not already paying enough charges for using blockchain? taxation is not necessary

What I meant was, NOT actually taxing the blockchain itself. But Storing the tax data or any collection of value for that matter in which we can monitor the transmission (eg. Viewing on a blockexplorer) on where the money is going rather than just a record on a closed network in which only appointed people can verify it. My point here is full transparency that can potentially eliminate corruption. I don't trust the government.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 12:43:24 PM

If the government will do its role to collect more taxes in the treasury and its effort will catch hackers and scammers online then it will be okay with me. Paying a small tax that will be added to the miners fee is much more better compared to losing all your bitcoins to scammers and hackers. But if taxes will be placed I do hope it will be only in small percentage since miners fee is already big.

But if the government will look for other ways I will suggest that the taxation will be placed during the conversion of bitcoin to fiat currency and not to all bitcoin transactions online.

dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:29:36 PM

Bitcoin is taxfree in Denmark. Lets keep it this way.

As the danish Government says. It's a commodity, not a currency
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
n4poleon (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:42:48 PM

If the government will do its role to collect more taxes in the treasury and its effort will catch hackers and scammers online then it will be okay with me. Paying a small tax that will be added to the miners fee is much more better compared to losing all your bitcoins to scammers and hackers. But if taxes will be placed I do hope it will be only in small percentage since miners fee is already big.

But if the government will look for other ways I will suggest that the taxation will be placed during the conversion of bitcoin to fiat currency and not to all bitcoin transactions online.

I'm NOT suggesting any additional tax on top of fees. I'm just saying what if the government use a blockchain maybe bitcoin or similar to bitcoin to grant its people full transparency of their tax money. Like people can verify their tax payments on a block explorer and where it is heading to.
n4poleon (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:49:21 PM

Bitcoin is taxfree in Denmark. Lets keep it this way.

As the danish Government says. It's a commodity, not a currency
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I really hope your government will keep it that way. And I do hope all governments will keep it this way.
Spoderman

Activity: 122

Swinging from buildings in my spare time.

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 04:58:28 PM

When we buy things there is sales tax. That is good enough for the government.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:53:05 AM

Theres a tax already imposed when you convert your btc into cash. Imposing tax on every btc transaction is too much. Also its not applicable for this kind of technology. Bitcoin is decentralize means its not controlled by the government and impossible to put tax into because its anonimous. They cant trace the user and thats is the beautiful thing about bitcoin. But you cant really escape tax. Everything we buy has tax.
mainpmf

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 01:27:18 PM

So it can be even possible, it would mean that government is able to link every wallet with a physical or moral person!
And the day it happens, it's the death of btc.
Altcoins would really fly if something line that were to happen xD

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

Elen0505

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:05:14 PM

When we buy things there is sales tax. That is good enough for the government.

I agree. Moreover, I can not be sure that the money for the tax will go to improve the country. I'd rather spend some of my money on gifts for loved ones or for homeless children.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:14:07 PM

Edit: perhaps I wasn't very clear, I wasn't pertaining an added tax on top of blockchain transactions. But writing the tax data into the blockchain. Imagine, you'll be able to monitor your income tax through a block explorer and to where it is heading. Or be able to vote on which project your contribution will be spent? And so on.

I am sure this is something the government will be happy to see being implemented and its something I know that if they have been able to get the way around, they would have adopted bitcoin bitcoin because not only will they use it for that purpose but also means users can be tracked. And I am sure this is one of the fundamental principle of bitcoin which is anonymity the moment they can do this, I see alot of people abandoning bitcoin to something else that will make them remain anonymous.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:18:15 PM

Taxation isn't freedom. The whole idea of Bitcoin is freedom. Keep the taxation out. But we already have it in the form of the fee to transact bitcoins.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 06:40:25 PM

I'm all for adding the options to pay my utility bills through blockchain, but I'm totally against connecting it with any system of taxation. A few centuries ago people were forced to pay tithe or a head tax. These taxes were more or less fair because you either paid a 10th of your income to the state and/or you paid a fixed amount each year. Nowadays we have to pay 40%-50% of our income in various taxes like VAT, income tax that is in most countries close to 20% alone!

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:44:14 PM

Transactions fee is very high if tax is being charge on  blockchain transactions I think many people are going to abandon bitcoin and crypto currencies in general. If cost of fee we are experience today is not checkmate people will preferred to keep their investment in gold and oil.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:07:49 PM

What I meant was, NOT actually taxing the blockchain itself. But Storing the tax data or any collection of value for that matter in which we can monitor the transmission (eg. Viewing on a blockexplorer) on where the money is going rather than just a record on a closed network in which only appointed people can verify it. My point here is full transparency that can potentially eliminate corruption. I don't trust the government.

We dont need taxation, if we need taxation here there will be a lot of changes that will happen. First, there must be leaders that will monitor the blockchain, who and who is not paying their taxes. Second, there must be a security or message that will alert that user to pay his taxes. Last, tax are a flowing blood of one's country, blockchain is not a country, not even a state. And what will blockchain do with these tax? the reason it needs a government when taxation is in place because they decide what to do with it. I think if that takes place, that tax will be just corrupted by the leaders or government of bitcoin that we will vote if democraticy takes place here.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 11:30:37 PM

If you trust your government, you can already voluntarily pay taxes even without automatic taxation feature built into blockchain.
But let's leave a choice to trust, or not to trust, up to the people.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: