Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:45:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem transaction fee too low. still don't receive money back!!  (Read 809 times)
ripper_roo (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 11:19:39 AM

Hello Electrum team/ everyone

I have problem as stated on the subject. Now, I have been waiting for 5-6 days. But transaction is still unconfirmed!. How long I have to wait?
I sent about 0.7 BTC Sad

Thank for help!
Roo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 11:33:23 AM

I have problem as stated on the subject. Now, I have been waiting for 5-6 days. But transaction is still unconfirmed!. How long I have to wait?
I sent about 0.7 BTC Sad

Thank for help!
Roo

Transaction ID? If no one is rebroadcasting the transaction it should have been dropped by most nodes already. Try switching servers.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 03:39:55 PM

I sent about 0.7 BTC Sad

Thank for help!
Roo

How low was the fee? I recommend using dynamic fees in the future to help ensure adequate fees are used for transactions.

You may be able to help push the TX through by creating a new transaction with the change of the first transaction and including a high fee. This sometimes encourages miners to include your transaction so that they can claim the fee of the new transaction.
ripper_roo (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 03:57:22 AM

I sent about 0.7 BTC Sad

Thank for help!
Roo

Transaction ID? If no one is rebroadcasting the transaction it should have been dropped by most nodes already. Try switching servers.

Hello

This is my Transaction ID: 21b2fc39030c091090693ae8910f06b17ddd2ca9d5f579600cd85d4eb51470c6
please help me Sad
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:07:49 AM

Hello

This is my Transaction ID: 21b2fc39030c091090693ae8910f06b17ddd2ca9d5f579600cd85d4eb51470c6
please help me Sad

Wow, that is a huge sized transaction with a really low fee + very small change. It could take awhile before that transaction confirms, if it ever does. Blockchain.info says their node even rejected it due to the fee being too low.

Did you have the "Enable Replace-By-Fee" option enabled in Preferences->Fees? If so, this may make it fairly easy for you to include a higher fee. Otherwise you'll likely need to attempt to double spend it or wait for it to get rejected and fall off the network so you can respend them.
ripper_roo (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:19:45 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2017, 04:31:27 AM by ripper_roo

I sent about 0.7 BTC Sad

Thank for help!
Roo

How low was the fee? I recommend using dynamic fees in the future to help ensure adequate fees are used for transactions.

You may be able to help push the TX through by creating a new transaction with the change of the first transaction and including a high fee. This sometimes encourages miners to include your transaction so that they can claim the fee of the new transaction.

Hello

about 0.00001. I did not use dynamic fees bc it warned that transaction fee too high Sad What should I do now? how to create new transaction? I do not have another 0.7 BTC in my wallet now.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:24:17 AM

I sent about 0.7 BTC Sad

Thank for help!
Roo

Hello

about 0.00001. I did not use dynamic fees bc it warned that transaction fee too high Sad What should I do now? how to create new transaction? I did not have another 0.7 BTC in my wallet now.
You need to wait for all the nodes to drop the transactio so the btc you sent will be sent back in your wallet and only then you can make a new transaction. Next time use a higher fee to avoid having problems with confirmation.
ripper_roo (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:27:57 AM

Hello

please help me Sad

Wow, that is a huge sized transaction with a really low fee + very small change. It could take awhile before that transaction confirms, if it ever does. Blockchain.info says their node even rejected it due to the fee being too low.

Did you have the "Enable Replace-By-Fee" option enabled in Preferences->Fees? If so, this may make it fairly easy for you to include a higher fee. Otherwise you'll likely need to attempt to double spend it or wait for it to get rejected and fall off the network so you can respend them.

I send the fee 0.00001 because when I use dynamic fee it said tx fee was too high. What should I do now? How to enable the option? or, how to double spend? I do not have enough 0.7 BTC in my wallet now. Sad

http://oi66.tinypic.com/rj011v.jpg
ripper_roo (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:35:13 AM

I sent about 0.7 BTC Sad

Thank for help!
Roo

Hello

about 0.00001. I did not use dynamic fees bc it warned that transaction fee too high Sad What should I do now? how to create new transaction? I did not have another 0.7 BTC in my wallet now.
You need to wait for all the nodes to drop the transactio so the btc you sent will be sent back in your wallet and only then you can make a new transaction. Next time use a higher fee to avoid having problems with confirmation.

how long I have to wait? It has been 6th day until now.
longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:10:52 PM

I sent about 0.7 BTC Sad

Thank for help!
Roo

Hello

No need to wait for ALL nodes to drop it. That's going to take a really long time. You only need to wait for most nodes to drop the transaction and they already did.
Just click the green ball at the bottom right, untick "Select servers automatically" if it is ticked and change your server. Wait a minute after changing server, if your transaction is still there then change to another server. Once you find a server that doesn't have your transaction you can create the transaction again with higher fee.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
ripper_roo (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:25:11 AM

I sent about 0.7 BTC Sad

Thank for help!
Roo

Hello

No need to wait for ALL nodes to drop it. That's going to take a really long time. You only need to wait for most nodes to drop the transaction and they already did.
Just click the green ball at the bottom right, untick "Select servers automatically" if it is ticked and change your server. Wait a minute after changing server, if your transaction is still there then change to another server. Once you find a server that doesn't have your transaction you can create the transaction again with higher fee.

Thank you. I will try this trick next time.

Hello all

Just to update that I received my money back after waiting for 9 days. Somehow, my money + transaction fee successfully went to its destination . I don't know what happen. The system might did it finally I think.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: