Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Those Digital Mint and Vault Coins  (Read 1253 times)
Hammerschmidt (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 03:17:34 PM

Someone was asking about Digital Mint and Vault coins (I was searching on Digital Mint, the ATM machine makers and saw it, but lost the post). I have 3, and only 3, not looking to sell them before I get attacked. Just trying to let the original poster know, yes, the coins exist.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1405231.0

I got them somewhere at a symposium. They looked cool, I bought them, that's all I know.

https://s29.postimg.org/g2cmuyy1j/image.jpg
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 03:39:29 PM

Wow that was fast.

Sorry I somehow mangled the navigation back to your old post and couldn't reply to it for some reason.
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 04:29:37 PM

Yes, and if you and Mr. Chronicsky can post some of your questions here I can answer them more quickly. I must wait 6 minutes between messages as punishment for being new. I haven't been hazed since pledging a fraternity years ago.
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 04:58:54 PM

Sure thing..
Did they come with any paperwork or COAs???
and
Are they loaded?  I do not notice a place for any kind of key or address.

thank you.

No problem. You are both making the same inquiries, so this will be better for each of you anyhow.

The coins are unloaded in the traditional sense in that there is no hologram or seal or tamper-resistant device to reveal a key. I did, however, buy them as part of a deal. If you bought 2 or more bitcoins from their service at that expo, you could get serialized, limited edition physical coins at half price, 1 coin for each bitcoin purchased. I bought 3 BTC, they transferred them to my wallet in real time, I paid cash for the coins while checking out the hot chick selling them, and off I went.

I did start receiving their monthly newsletter via email. They stopped coming in September 2016 if I recall correctly. Anyway here is what I remember:

The coins have the Roman Emperor Trajan on the front.
It's a digital restoration of an actual Roman coin from like 100 A.D.
The original old coin was shown side by side on their website.
The attention to detail of the restoration is what impressed me after I had already bought the coins.
There were only 1000 made from serial 000 to 999.
There were other Romam Emperors as well.
There's 10 and only 10 of Julius Caesar.
There's one emperor appearing on only 2 coins, serialized Roman Numeral I and II.
There's one emperor appearing on only 1 coin.
I forget who they were.

I must emphasize this is the sum of all of my knowledge, mostly from the newsletters. So there's coins out there, somewhere, I suppose. I don't know what happened to the company. I don't know anything else about them. All I know is I got what I paid for, like the coins, want to keep them, MIGHT have the business card of the hot chick from the sales booth, and if I ever find out anything more, I'll do my best to post it here.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 05:10:32 PM

Sure thing..
and

thank you.

No problem. You are both making the same inquiries, so this will be better for each of you anyhow.

The coins are unloaded in the traditional sense in that there is no hologram or seal or tamper-resistant device to reveal a key. I did, however, buy them as part of a deal. If you bought 2 or more bitcoins from their service at that expo, you could get serialized, limited edition physical coins at half price, 1 coin for each bitcoin purchased. I bought 3 BTC, they transferred them to my wallet in real time, I paid cash for the coins while checking out the hot chick selling them, and off I went.

I did start receiving their monthly newsletter via email. They stopped coming in September 2016 if I recall correctly. Anyway here is what I remember:

The coins have the Roman Emperor Trajan on the front.
It's a digital restoration of an actual Roman coin from like 100 A.D.
The original old coin was shown side by side on their website.
The attention to detail of the restoration is what impressed me after I had already bought the coins.
There were only 1000 made from serial 000 to 999.
There were other Romam Emperors as well.
There's 10 and only 10 of Julius Caesar.
There's one emperor appearing on only 2 coins, serialized Roman Numeral I and II.
There's one emperor appearing on only 1 coin.
I forget who they were.

I must emphasize this is the sum of all of my knowledge, mostly from the newsletters. So there's coins out there, somewhere, I suppose. I don't know what happened to the company. I don't know anything else about them. All I know is I got what I paid for, like the coins, want to keep them, MIGHT have the business card of the hot chick from the sales booth, and if I ever find out anything more, I'll do my best to post it here.

Thanks for all the info, nice story of how you got it Cheesy

Good luck finding the chick's number Cheesy
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 05:18:42 PM

Well you guys haven't asked me to look for it. I still haven't heard a tangible offer, so I have no idea what they are worth. If you think they're worth something, I'll start hunting for her business card.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 05:21:09 PM

Well you guys haven't asked me to look for it. I still haven't heard a tangible offer, so I have no idea what they are worth. If you think they're worth something, I'll start hunting for her business card.

I don't think they can be contacted, but yeah i would surely be interested if you can get to them somehow Cheesy

About the price, i have no idea about it, i will leave it to experts (@minerjones) Grin
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 05:50:51 PM

I don't think they can be contacted, but yeah i would surely be interested if you can get to them somehow Cheesy

About the price, i have no idea about it, i will leave it to experts (@minerjones) Grin

Let me rephrase:

I'm on vacation until Friday. I go back to work on Monday. When I come home from work, I don't spend too much time digging through the relative clutter of the one drawer in the house everybody puts small things they think they might need someday. Rubber bands. Paper clips. Buffalo nickels. Motor vehicle registration renewals that we found a year later. My kids report cards. Coupons for saving 50 cents on Iced Tea mix. My new PIN number notice from the bank because I couldn't find the other one probably still in the drawer. Hot chicks' business cards I don't want my wife to see that sold me the same exact physical bitcoins you guys have been looking for these past 9 months.

Get the picture now?

Smiley

So if you tell me they're worth $20 each, I saved myself a lot of otherwise wasted effort. If you tell me they're worth some number that will compel me to find this girl's number, then I think I will definitely find the time for this little exercise since she might make me an offer to buy back mine for more than I paid for them.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 06:02:11 PM

Let me rephrase:

I'm on vacation until Friday. I go back to work on Monday. When I come home from work, I don't spend too much time digging through the relative clutter of the one drawer in the house everybody puts small things they think they might need someday. Rubber bands. Paper clips. Buffalo nickels. Motor vehicle registration renewals that we found a year later. My kids report cards. Coupons for saving 50 cents on Iced Tea mix. My new PIN number notice from the bank because I couldn't find the other one probably still in the drawer. Hot chicks' business cards I don't want my wife to see that sold me the same exact physical bitcoins you guys have been looking for these past 9 months.

Get the picture now?

Smiley

So if you tell me they're worth $20 each, I saved myself a lot of otherwise wasted effort. If you tell me they're worth some number that will compel me to find this girl's number, then I think I will definitely find the time for this little exercise since she might make me an offer to buy back mine for more than I paid for them.

I understand , just to give you an idea since there is no market price for them, they are certainly worth in triple digits for me Smiley
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 06:25:50 PM

I understand , just to give you an idea since there is no market price for them, they are certainly worth in triple digits for me Smiley

See, how hard was that? That's worth a look in the ole' junk drawer. And, since you made the first (semi) tangible offer, IF I can find this girl and IF I can buy a replacement coin and IF she sells it for less than you're "sealed bid" offer, here's what I will do:

You get to pick one of my coins at your offer price. Serials are 239, 225, and 213.
I'll send it to you directly, FedEx with tracking if you want.
I'll enclose her contact info with the price she offered me so you two can horse trade.
If she has access to other coins, you get first dibs.

That's quite a few big IFs, but it's the least I can do.

If she can't give me a Trajan replacement coin though, all bets are off.
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 06:51:59 PM

See, how hard was that? That's worth a look in the ole' junk drawer. And, since you made the first (semi) tangible offer, IF I can find this girl and IF I can buy a replacement coin and IF she sells it for less than you're "sealed bid" offer, here's what I will do:

You get to pick one of my coins at your offer price. Serials are 239, 225, and 213.
I'll enclose her contact info with the price she offered me so you two can horse trade.

Sounds good Smiley

Thanks
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 03:20:50 PM

Sounds good Smiley

Thanks

I guess this comes under the heading of good news/bad news/good news.

Good news: I found the card, business phone no longer active, but email worked
Bad news: Hot girl no longer works there
Good news: They agreed to forward my contact info to her

I asked about the status of the coins. No reply back yet.

coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:15:08 PM

Crazy to see how many physical btc have been made over the years, some of which just pop out of nowhere.

This should definitely be on the Encyclopedia.
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:40:20 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2017, 11:04:28 PM by Hammerschmidt

Crazy to see how many physical btc have been made over the years, some of which just pop out of nowhere.

This should definitely be on the Encyclopedia.

Update: I just heard back from them. Long-ish email. I'll trim some of it before posting here.

All coins are NGC MS 67 rated (uncirculated condition with no post production imperfections at a magnification of 5x) by two independent numismatists.

Trajan Series Coins

Emperor Trajan is on the obverse side.
Ruler of the Roman Empire  from 98 A.D. to 117 A.D. at the height of its territorial extent.

Original Latin inscription with translation:

IMP CAES NER TRAIANO OPTIMO AVG GER DAC P M TR P COS VI P P

Imperator (Supreme commander of the army)
Caesar Nerva Trajan
Optimo Augustus (revered most high emperor)
Germanicus Dacicus (conquerer of the German and Dacian tribes)
Pontifex Maximus (High Priest)
Tribunicia Potestas (Tribune of Plebs,  can veto any motion passed by the Senate)
COS VI (6-time Consul of Rome, the highest Roman office)
Pater Patriae (Father of the country, a very high honor bestowed after years of stable rule)

This coin is a digital restoration of the original bronze Roman Sestertius coin on which he appeared.

Coins are serialized from 000 to 999.
Price has evolved into a demand based on serial numbers sought by collectors.
Lower serials are more highly sought.

Average coin price: $150
High demand coins are #100, 200, 300 etc. $300
Rare 001 through 009: Good luck! Last one advertised was 007 for $500 and it sold quickly.
The 000 coin listed for $5000 and was sold to a private collector.

Approximately 44 remain in our possession.
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:32:15 PM

https://s29.postimg.org/6fs6xgt6v/image.jpg

I knew I saw it on a website and took a screen shot of it once!
Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:50:20 PM

Yes, and if you and Mr. Chronicsky can post some of your questions here I can answer them more quickly. I must wait 6 minutes between messages as punishment for being new. I haven't been hazed since pledging a fraternity years ago.

Sure thing..
and

thank you.

So once you guys get your coins, does that mean I'll get my first trust point?

Smiley
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1072

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 08:53:38 PM

I knew I saw it on a website and took a screen shot of it once!

Awesome, yeah I have seen that coin design before as well and it's neat to see on a bitcoin coin   Did anyone find a place to order these from?

Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 01:23:00 PM

Awesome, yeah I have seen that coin design before as well and it's neat to see on a bitcoin coin   Did anyone find a place to order these from?

I decided I wanted another one too since the price for the remaining 40 or so Trajan coins that don't have highly sought after serial numbers seemed reasonable. Once you place an order you get a phone number contact. I don't know if it's ok to put something like that online or not though.

Email address is no secret. Just DigitalMintAndVault at the domain mail.com (note: not gmail, just mail).

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1072

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:29:28 AM

chronicsky and I have been working on contacting them.
Here's keeping our fingers crossed........

Awesome, yeah I have seen that coin design before as well and it's neat to see on a bitcoin coin   Did anyone find a place to order these from?

I decided I wanted another one too since the price for the remaining 40 or so Trajan coins that don't have highly sought after serial numbers seemed reasonable. Once you place an order you get a phone number contact. I don't know if it's ok to put something like that online or not though.

Email address is no secret. Just DigitalMintAndVault at the domain mail.com (note: not gmail, just mail).

Thanks for the information.  Let me know if you're going in on them, I would like to pick one up if possible.  Smiley

Hammerschmidt (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 02:06:01 AM

Thanks for the information.  Let me know if you're going in on them, I would like to pick one up if possible.  Smiley

Ummm... Not sure I understand what you mean. I'm not driving anywhere to get one, I'm just following their payment instructions. Today was Martin Luther King day so banks were closed on Monday. I'm doing an order for one tomorrow. I'm not ordering for anyone if that's what you were asking. You can order your own.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: