Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:09:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OK Pay reversing transaction!  (Read 899 times)
lak (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:11:11 PM

Has anyone else had this problem with OK Pay?

Yesterday, before the Mt Gox exchange halted trading, i made 2 payments from 2 of my blockchain accounts to my OK Pay wallet. The transactions were confirmed in the blockchain accounts and the deposits were pending in the OK Pay accounts.

24 hours later, (earlier tonight) I receive 2 emails (exert below) notifying me these 2 transactions have been `reversed` with no explanation as to why.

Unfortunately, the money transfer you have received: Transaction ****** was sent back to the sender.

Reason:
other

I check my 2 block chain accounts and no BTC has been sent to these 2 accounts. Both accounts are empty. So clearly the transactions have not been reversed.

It is a Friday night, there is no answer on OK Pay`s telephone help line, and as yet the ticket i have raised has not been dealt with.

It feels like 80,000USD has been stolen from me. Even if i get the bitcoin i doubt i will be able to sell them at even 2/3 of the rate last night. After sending bitcoin to OK pay I am in the worst possible situation - no fiat cash, and no bitcoin, and just a screen shot of a blockchain account and the hope a British Virgin Islands company will honour its commitment when i can get in touch with them.

I imagine this isnt just happening to me. Anyone else had this problem?

LAK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reilly

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:07:56 PM

Frankly, I am astounded at OKPay's action. Shocked
With this in mind I have immediately instigated the withdrawal of the balance of my account and will spend the next few days with my fingers crossed.
Regarding your transactions, did you get any Emails from OKPay to confirm completion of the deposits ?
lak (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:33:56 AM

Yes, i received 2 emails from OK Pay confirming the transactions. Here is an extract from 1 of them copied below:

An incoming BitCoin deposit was received on your name.

Deposit in the amount of 1***** USD has been successfully completed.
Comments:
**** BTC Ex 105.802778 USD (************************)

View the details of this transaction online at:
https://www.okpay.com/en/account/txn/1898403/

If you will have any additional questions, please refer to the Support Service.

Yours sincerely,
OKPAY Team

Obviously I feel a bit better about the fact the transaction has been reversed this morning as the price of bitcoin has recovered, but the transactions have still not actually been reversed, and I have still not received any bitcoin back.

Considering tens of thousands of USD have gone missing i would hope OK Pay would address this quickly but not response yet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: