Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:10:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the opposite of a pump and dump?  (Read 1949 times)
isnoop

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:11:01 PM

The next time BTC gets to $200+ the market should reset to centiBTC (cBTC) where each trading unit is $2+.

When cBTC gets to $20+ the market should again reset to milliBTC (mBTC) where each trading unit is $2+.

When mBTC gets to $20+ the market should again reset to decamilliBTC (dBTC) where each trading unit is $2+.

And so on, so that in a few years billionthBTC (bBTC) would be the unit of trade and currency.

No wealth or value is ever lost. The trading unit thereby stays within people's currency comfort zone for conducting commerce.
Are you sure that's a good idea?  My good buddy Warren Buffet told me never to split.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mouser

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:34:53 PM

Reset or split seems necessary because BTC's value is as a currency. If the value of a bitcoin is $200+ it becomes unwieldly as a unit of commerce. BTC needs to be used like coins - pennies, nyckels, dimes, quarters, 50 cent pieces and dollars. It is inhibiting for people to think of a $200 coin. A $2 coin is much more currency friendly and the ability as a currency is what gives BTC its value.

$266 BTC is difficult as a coin of currency for most people.
HaldenCoin

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:14:58 PM

Crash and grab sounds about right.

I wonder if the relatively small number of 11 bn unit BTC market is deliberately being 'crash and grabbed' by the fiat mainstream whales. The entire BTC market is chump change to the uber rich. What they don't want is BTC going to $200+ again and the whole unit dividing to centiBTC which would then be worth $2+ per cBTC.

The monopolists do not want any currency they can not mannipulate. The FED and all other central banks around the world are 100% ponzi schemes where public currency is created out of thin air and lent to the public at interest. Over time the international bankers will own every single asset on earth - it is a mathematical certainty.

BTC or cBTC would release the people of the world from the central bank fractional usury fiat which the uber wealthy control.

A crash and grab plan to destroy BTC completely could be enacted by a dozen actors. TPTB do not want BTC to succeed. They will buy every coin if necessary to close it down. Two billion is nothing to the Rothschilds of the world. Bubblegum change.

It world be impossible to buy all. I for one would not sell my 10BTC for anything under 10 000$ Smiley
Also - what would they do with the next version like LiteCoin?
I think it more plausible that there some smart criminals out there who are desperate for cheap coins.
1m1nd

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:29:22 PM

The next time BTC gets to $200+ the market should reset to centiBTC (cBTC) where each trading unit is $2+.

When cBTC gets to $20+ the market should again reset to milliBTC (mBTC) where each trading unit is $2+.

When mBTC gets to $20+ the market should again reset to decamilliBTC (dBTC) where each trading unit is $2+.

And so on, so that in a few years billionthBTC (bBTC) would be the unit of trade and currency.

No wealth or value is ever lost. The trading unit thereby stays within people's currency comfort zone for conducting commerce.

10/10 Mouser
OrlandoTodd

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:40:02 PM

"Poop and Scoop"

I was looking that huge drop on 2/10/14 and thinking that might have happened, but it's too drastic. 
Strange though it appears on Litecoin and Bitcoin charts.   Someone was in a panic to sell a large position I guess.

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:49:42 PM

"Poop and Scoop"

I was looking that huge drop on 2/10/14 and thinking that might have happened, but it's too drastic. 
Strange though it appears on Litecoin and Bitcoin charts.   Someone was in a panic to sell a large position I guess.

Oops, you have bumped a really old thread lol Tongue
GameofDeception

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:56:07 PM

Pandacoin Smiley
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:13:33 PM

Surely a dump and pump? lol.
Sonny

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:20:13 PM

Surely a dump and pump? lol.

Shhhhhh....Don't ruin those developers' plan  Wink
GameofDeception

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:24:32 PM

You are ruining yourselves not getting into something revolutionary like Pandacoin, everything has as price, to counter market manipulations you need to take some measures.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND FOR CLARITY - THERE IS NO 'SELLING OF PRE-MINE' I DON'T KNOW WHERE PEOPLE HEARD IT TERMED LIKE THIS - WE HAVE DONE AN IPO WHICH CONSISTS OF THE 3% WHICH IS THE OFFERING TO THOSE INTERESTED IN THE IPO - THE IPO IS NOW FULLY SOLD OUT AND WE APPRECIATE ALL OF THE INTEREST AND THE BIG NAMES WHO ARE SUPPORTING THIS COIN - WE APPRECIATE ALL THE CONTINUED INTEREST AND OFFERS OF MANY MANY BITCOINS BUT IPO IS CLOSED AND PRIVATE MESSAGES OR REQUESTS FOR IPO WILL BE IGNORED HEREIN. THANK YOU
Sonny

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:30:34 PM

You are ruining yourselves not getting into something revolutionary like Pandacoin, everything has as price, to counter market manipulations you need to take some measures.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND FOR CLARITY - THERE IS NO 'SELLING OF PRE-MINE' I DON'T KNOW WHERE PEOPLE HEARD IT TERMED LIKE THIS - WE HAVE DONE AN IPO WHICH CONSISTS OF THE 3% WHICH IS THE OFFERING TO THOSE INTERESTED IN THE IPO - THE IPO IS NOW FULLY SOLD OUT AND WE APPRECIATE ALL OF THE INTEREST AND THE BIG NAMES WHO ARE SUPPORTING THIS COIN - WE APPRECIATE ALL THE CONTINUED INTEREST AND OFFERS OF MANY MANY BITCOINS BUT IPO IS CLOSED AND PRIVATE MESSAGES OR REQUESTS FOR IPO WILL BE IGNORED HEREIN. THANK YOU

In another thread, you are saying the coin is resilient to market manipulations because of the pre-mine, and now you are saying the pre-mined coin won't be sold?

lol  Cheesy
GameofDeception

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:44:32 PM

In another thread, you are saying the coin is resilient to market manipulations because of the pre-mine, and now you are saying the pre-mined coin won't be sold?

lol  Cheesy

You are confusing the IPO with premine, please go read the original thread.
Sonny

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:45:22 PM

lol  Cheesy

You are confusing the IPO with premine, please go read the original thread.

No thanks, I just need to forget about the panda completely.  Cheesy
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:24:24 PM

How is it revolutionary? What makes it different from all the other crapcoins?
Sonny

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:28:28 PM

How is it revolutionary? What makes it different from all the other crapcoins?

The revolutionary part is that the coin will have an adorable panda icon lol. Cheesy
Just like dogecoin, nothing is special apart from the icon.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: