Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:36:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin be frozen?  (Read 13963 times)
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:28:40 AM

The government can't stop bitcoin. But the government can act in other ways. First of all, they may prohibit the use of bitcoin and the special bots will track all users. In addition to this banks the government can stop bitcoin exchange operations on Bank cards. In this case, bitcoin users accounts themselves will lose interest in bitcoin.

It will happen if the government does not like bitcoin, bitcoin-related things will make monitoring for the government if the government has banned bitcoin. Hopefully this doesn't happen all over the country
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:59:51 AM

The government can't stop bitcoin. But the government can act in other ways. First of all, they may prohibit the use of bitcoin and the special bots will track all users. In addition to this banks the government can stop bitcoin exchange operations on Bank cards. In this case, bitcoin users accounts themselves will lose interest in bitcoin.

It will happen if the government does not like bitcoin, bitcoin-related things will make monitoring for the government if the government has banned bitcoin. Hopefully this doesn't happen all over the country
It will happen if bitcoin will continue to be used only for the purpose of speculation in the cryptocurrency markets. Many believe that storing coins is investment but I don't think so. It is also a kind of speculation. Without trade, bitcoin will not survive. If the users of bitcoin will exchange and trade for bitcoin, then no restrictions of the government that will not stop.
Emmami@758

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:26:15 AM

Can bitcoin take Fiat's place in time? Suppose it does? Can govetment step in and stop this program?

no it is not impossible to stopping bit coins. if any country may stopped it is but total country may not stopped it. bit coins are decentralized so no one stop it.bit coins are crypto currency so it has great demand in the world so mostly any one can't stop it. maximum government not stopped it is.
MMostaza

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:29:10 AM

What is for sure is that at some point governments are going to find the key to regulate cryptocurrencies. And one of the possibilities when this will happens, if the regulation doesn't understand the advantages that crypto technology can offer, is that the Bitcoin value will decrease due to it will not be as free as it is now and users can loose interest in a strict, ruled system.

I don't think Bitcoin can be frozen but I do think can get stuck: "The long history of currency tells us that what the private sector innovates, the state eventually regulates and appropriates" this is what Kenneth Rogoff, professor of economics and public policy at Harvard University was explaining yesterday at The Guardian. I don't agree totally with the article but what is true is that if Central Banks wants to create their own digital currency for sure they will put pressure on governments to use the regulation in their favour to win the piece of cake that is cryptocurrency field. And history tells us that probably they will win.

Even though I think this is not the only possible future panorama that can exists and I am optimist that people working in cryptocurrency will be able to change the old economic system to a something more suitable for the current century.

If you are interested to know more about Rogoff theory here you have the article:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/news-blog/2017/oct/09/bitcoin-price-bubble-government-cryptocurrency

syauqialbaana

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:18:14 PM

will not be frozen if you keep both your personal wallet's key and remember as long as you keep your personal wallet's key do not tell anyone to keep your personal wallet safe
Viscera

Activity: 660

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:51:03 PM

It can't be frozen bitcoin is decentralized, Many times governments shut down bitcoin but still bitcoin is alive and making it huge. maybe governments will prohibited bitcoin exchanges but the transactions itself it will not affect
Hegelia

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:53:35 PM

i do not think
nazzzzz

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:22:08 PM

you mean price Back to zero  . it is impossible but all things can be happen but generally bitcoin have fixed number with many trusted people so that it will nerver loss it vlaue

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
cleofila

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:35:52 PM

Why do you think bitcoin can be frozen? How?
Zenithar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:49:47 PM

you mean price Back to zero  . it is impossible but all things can be happen but generally bitcoin have fixed number with many trusted people so that it will nerver loss it vlaue
I think it will never happen because bitcoin is the world most popular digital currency and the market cap is on the top of all other currencies. How is it possible that the world’s top digital currency can be frozen? This kind of news disappoint people and may the rivals of bitcoin can viral such news. Otherwise nothing will be happen to bitcoin and all the people in the world will see that bitcoin will be the main stream in the near future.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:40:25 PM

I think it will never happen because bitcoin is the world most popular digital currency and the market cap is on the top of all other currencies. How is it possible that the world’s top digital currency can be frozen? This kind of news disappoint people and may the rivals of bitcoin can viral such news. Otherwise nothing will be happen to bitcoin and all the people in the world will see that bitcoin will be the main stream in the near future.
I also think that it will never happen becaue bitcoin is also a decentrlize currnecy and even if a coutnry will bane bitcoin it will still continue to survives because a lot of other countires has already consider bitcoin as legal currnecy, and i am sure that stilll so many other coutires are going to turn bitcoin as legal currency.
Roman Abraham

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:02:11 PM

Can bitcoin take Fiat's place in time? Suppose it does? Can govetment step in and stop this program?

I don't think so, in my opinion bitcoin and fiat money are used in different places so we still need both, now fiat money is still the main choice of people especially those who live in village or remote areas because at this time it's use is more effective, and on the other hand the use of bitcoin still limited to internet connection. so I think we still need both.
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:53:54 AM

Now I do not see the possibility of assimilation of cryptocurrencies in the economy. In order to use bitcoins the economy should work and this is only possible when using Fiat. This is the main reason why bitcoin or Aldon will never replace Fiat. There is also a variety of other reasons.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:32:40 AM

To my knowledge, from the development of bitcoin usage until now seems there has been no plan/news on bitcoin will be possible to shifting fiat currency, and if it will be planed certainly the governments will more consider it again and it will not be easily to decide it. But I think logically, I'm not believe that it is very likely to happened.. I think that until the future bitcoin will remain as a digital currency that can be said as an alternative currency from a fiat currency in general, and will always coexist throughout history.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:32:08 PM

The only possibility I am aware of to freeze or modify bitcoin would be a 51% attack on the network, but as this didn't happen until today this scenario is very unlikely.

Only if a government will declare it as its only official currency it can take Fiat's place, but this also didn't happen until today and this scenario is also very unlikely and also not necessary for us bitcoin users.

When the authorities find criminal activity using Bitcoins I think they can freeze these Bitcoins, but just because it's being used by criminals. They have a reason to do this. To freeze everyone's Bitcoins they would need to create a new rule. Doing this the government could take out BTCs from circulation, killing the currency. That would be an easy way to do this and finish Crypto-Currency that threats estabilishment's empire.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
darylalban

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:49:33 PM

No possible way until the government puts in place a system to faze out fiat
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:27:31 PM

Its not possible to do , bitcoin is decentralized and no one can stop the transaction or a specific address from functioning. We switched from cash to credit cards and I think Its safe to say that cryptocurrencies will takeover in the future but probably governments will create their own digital currencies that are under their control.

BTC is decentralized because of that the transaction is peer to peer from one PC to another Pc and its readily be transferred to any one with direct transaction without third party or service provider to transfer your money with enormous charges. And it has no boundary you can send it around the world. I don't know if the government has the capability to trace the flow of BTC transaction in the internet specially that everyone is anonymous.

MariamSargsan0101

Activity: 96
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:33:50 PM

it's not possible if the government will take something
Almat

Activity: 254

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:42:40 PM

Frozen as in like how assets can be frozen by governments? This is completely impossible. It's possible for them to monitor your known addresses, however, and track movements. If they somehow order you to not move any Bitcoins, they can't stop you, but they can punish you.
WhiteOutMashups

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:10:30 PM

in my opinion,,, I guess bitcoin would never frozen while the number of users and business people themselves who use them to transact,,, it's just possible that its use will indeed be set according to the rules in force in their respective countries

These are the questions that show how unstoppable Bitcoin is, and how it doesn't truly in any real way at all suffer any of the problems that the largest currencies of today do iu
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: