Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:21:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we accept payments on previously used BTC address in (new blockchain.info)?  (Read 311 times)
JB0011 (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:54:24 AM

In the old mode (legacy I think it was called), I could see all the BTC addresses associated with my account even when I generated a new one and I could still receive coins on any of the old addresses. I don't know how the new blockchain.info works since I can't find any of the previously owned addresses there. I have that setting that generates a new address everytime I want to receive new coins.

1. Where can I find all the previously generated addresses?
2. Is it possible to receive payments on any of those old addresses?
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:58:22 AM

As far as record of old addresses, I don't know exactly but yes you can use your old address to receive recurring payments.
If you want to use it time and again, it would be better if you save it somewhere else.
However, it is always recommended that you change your address.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6165

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:59:42 AM

In the old mode (legacy I think it was called), I could see all the BTC addresses associated with my account even when I generated a new one and I could still receive coins on any of the old addresses. I don't know how the new blockchain.info works since I can't find any of the previously owned addresses there. I have that setting that generates a new address everytime I want to receive new coins.

1. Where can I find all the previously generated addresses?
2. Is it possible to receive payments on any of those old addresses?

1. As far as I know , you can't see any of them.
2. Its possible to receive money on any address that you generated yes (this is valid for all HD wallets like Multibit HD , Blocktrail , etc....)

HD wallets are made for those who care about their privacy basically as If you want to stay anonymous , Its better to receive funds in different addresses each time but as I said above ,Its still possible to receive funds in the same address.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████